test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which one for end game?

faulkalfaulkal Member Posts: 34
edited July 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I'm having trouble deciding on which class to focus on for end game. I have a 60 gf and 60 Gwf. One observation is, in zone chat, I keep seeing Gwfs looking for groups but not sure if they are taken. Lots of folks looking for a gf though. But according to these forums I see that Gf aren't necessary to begin with. I like playing both classes but want to just focus on one. Any input would be great.
Post edited by faulkal on

Comments

• ergophobianergophobian Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2013
    faulkal wrote: »
    But according to these forums I see that Gf aren't necessary to begin with.

That changed a few patches ago.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    GF are not necessary. It is just they can now do their job.

GF make things easier and good ones make things safer. There are also now more fun in PvP.

If I had a choice between GF and GWF though, I would hands down commit to GWF. They scale better across all kinds of content and contexts and are often a direct replacement for GF in PvE and better for speed runs once geared.
  • faulkalfaulkal Member Posts: 34
    edited July 2013
    what armor sets should i go for on my gwf then? a mix of aow and what was the other one? or 4 piece aow?
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    GFs are highly useful in ALL epics and end-game, provided the PLAYER knows what they're doing. Otherwise, they can be troublesome, but that's because of the person behind it. GWFs are often avoided because, frankly, lots of them suck. I've run epics and took a person from zone who was GWF and claimed to be skilled in dungeons and the frequent comment is "I can out-DPS any other GWF, even some TRs", and then you find them at the bottom of the list. Kick. No time for that, you don't mess around in epics, especially ToS. Get the GS, save up for the gear, or get out. I did it, no money involved in my armor, weapons, and most of my enchants other than one I decided to splurge on.
    edited July 2013
    GFs are highly useful in ALL epics and end-game, provided the PLAYER knows what they're doing. Otherwise, they can be troublesome, but that's because of the person behind it. GWFs are often avoided because, frankly, lots of them suck. I've run epics and took a person from zone who was GWF and claimed to be skilled in dungeons and the frequent comment is "I can out-DPS any other GWF, even some TRs", and then you find them at the bottom of the list. Kick. No time for that, you don't mess around in epics, especially ToS. Get the GS, save up for the gear, or get out. I did it, no money involved in my armor, weapons, and most of my enchants other than one I decided to splurge on.

i assume your a GF correct? which paragon tree did you use? ive heard to shoot for the stalwart 4 piece first because its awesome.
  • mrexploitermrexploiter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i assume your a GF correct? which paragon tree did you use? ive heard to shoot for the stalwart 4 piece first because its awesome.

No he's a GWF, I've seen him around before. (I don't personally know if he has a GF or not though)
    I'm a GF with full stalwart and I agree with his points, GF can out damage some classes (but it just depends on the gear and the player). GF's aren't technically needed for some of the T2's it just makes it easier.

In my opinion just play whatever you want, any good group will see the merit of either class. (I friend good players and add them for future runs)
    edited July 2013
    No he's a GWF, I've seen him around before. (I don't personally know if he has a GF or not though)
    I'm a GF with full stalwart and I agree with his points, GF can out damage some classes (but it just depends on the gear and the player). GF's aren't technically needed for some of the T2's it just makes it easier.

In my opinion just play whatever you want, any good group will see the merit of either class. (I friend good players and add them for future runs)

Full stalwart? I'm jealous. Have run clock tower a few times with no luck. Maybe it only drops during delves?? Anyway jealous. Lol.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Full stalwart? I'm jealous. Have run clock tower a few times with no luck. Maybe it only drops during delves?? Anyway jealous. Lol.

Just buy the gauntlets if that's the only piece you're missing. It's the cheapest item.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited July 2013
    I have none so far. :(