test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bregga's GF Ground and Pound speculating

spelljammer420spelljammer420 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Hi all quick question here and will be updating (if i'm not a lazy bum) with some of my own stats later on.

I know every one loves the envy build and other tanking/dps guides but i think they are missing a few things and im comming to you guys to see if you share my opinion or hate them.

"Note" my current play style is to provide as much dmg as possible while running on the risky side of tanking mostly because my cleric is a true champ. in pvp its to control my enemies with a prone attack and rain swords down on them hopefully killing or wounding them severly before they can get up. You may think "hey thats what all GFs are trying to do" which is true, but these questions and references are meant to synergize specifically with this approach to the class.

1st: Feats: Action Surge is usually passed over for splashing points all over the initial heroic tiers. While this is a point heavy feat, at max level it becomes very very easy for guardian fighters to generate massive Action points while guarding some of those big boss hits and this also synergizes well with my current play style. More Indomitable strikes= more control time= more dmg and death for me to deal (or healing, or villians menacing)

Temporary hitpoint feats and wrathful warrior- I simply hardly ever have temporary hitpoints and when i do it isnt for very long. Perhaps i'm doing something wrong but i feel like these feats are very situational ie: when player po,wer heals you, or when you are crit, and don't last nearly long enough to make use of that sweet tastey 15% dmg increase. maybe some one has some numbers that can prove me wrong.

question: additional 1 sec on frontline surge prone time....how punishing is this for pvp? also is that 10% on knights challenge worth it?

Crushing pin: any one have any numbers on this for me?

Basically i slot trample the fallen, and combat superiority for everything players and monsters are both controlled alot during all fights and both of these really help to shell out some crazy dmg.
Post edited by spelljammer420 on

Comments

• Options
    ocdonlineocdonline Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Temporary hitpoint feats and wrathful warrior- I simply hardly ever have temporary hitpoints and when i do it isnt for very long. Perhaps i'm doing something wrong but i feel like these feats are very situational ie: when player po,wer heals you, or when you are crit, and don't last nearly long enough to make use of that sweet tastey 15% dmg increase. maybe some one has some numbers that can prove me wrong.

Have found that without your guard up, temporary hitpoints barely last long enough to get in 1 or 2 swings. So it seems that Wrathful Warrior is most useful when you have your shield up. However I assume that you then lose the bonus from Cruel Cut Style since that seems to apply specifically to Cleave and not to your 'shield poke' attacks (according to the description).

Iron Warrior gives you temporary hitpoints (assuming you're not at 100% health) and also seems to give a noticeable buff to the durability of your Guard meter, which helps you keep those temporary hitpoints for Wrathful Warrior. So there seems to be a fair bit of synergy between Iron Warrior and Wrathful Warrior when using Guard.