test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is the 'Jagged Dancing Blade' companion still broken?

skatinskatin Member Posts: 58 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi all,

Is the 'Jagged Dancing Blade' companion still broken? Last I heard, it just sits there and doesn't fight. It's the companion you buy with 'glory' earned from pvp. Here is the wiki link for it:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Jagged_Dancing_Blade

Can anyone verify it's still broken?

Thanks
Post edited by skatin on

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A fix hasn't been listed in any of the previous patches.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just tested it and it is attacking and using both of it's abilities. Damage isn't spectacular or anything but it is working.
  • Options
    kumaburukumaburu Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still broken rarely attacks....
  • Options
    midnightmaladymidnightmalady Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    I just tested it and it is attacking and using both of it's abilities. Damage isn't spectacular or anything but it is working.

It will attack if you drag a monster over to it but otherwise it will just sit in the same spot it was before combat started, usually behind you, doing nothing.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It will attack if you drag a monster over to it but otherwise it will just sit in the same spot it was before combat started, usually behind you, doing nothing.

Ok.I didn't test that as I didn't know that was the issue. I only tested it by going into the pvp building and attacking a target dummy.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    Many companions are broken in this fashion... including my Dancing Shield that was much more expensive...
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Thanks. The reason I ask is because I'm a control wizard. I hit things 80' away, then my man-at-arms runs over there and attacks, not doing much damage, but definitely aggro's, and keeps the mobs there, at least for a bit, so I can stun, debuff and begin my damage rotation. Even the entry-level healer companion does that too. If the blade just stays behind me, it's useless (to me).

I wonder if the blade is working as intended? Some people do not want their companion running into a room and aggro'ing mobs. Maybe this isn't broken, just planned? If it is working as intended, I hope the devs let us know.

I wonder...
  • Options
    devocutdevocut Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Once the jagged dancing blade has engaged a monster, will it follow and attack the monster even if the mob moves away from the blade?
  • Options
    codenamezeuscodenamezeus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, it's still broken. Once it has targeted a monster, it'll just stand still until you lure the monster near it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I saw in the release notes this has supposedly been addressed. Can anyone verify/test the blade works as we would expect now?
  • Options
    mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It is broken unless you are in a mob. It follows behind you mostly and does not attack.
  • Options
    cliunwolfczcliunwolfcz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    not true, they working well now (after last patch)