test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP - strange crit damage

bengiplbengipl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Hi everybody!

I'm 48 TR and recently started to play some PvP. After reading several threads about builds I chose skill set that suits best my gameplay style and played number of matches.

And what I found most frustrating is: very low critical hits from skills! And to be more precised - once my Lushing Blade hits the same player a crit for ~500 and other time for ~2k (??) no matter the class I fight with - it applies to a CW, GWF, other TR (!!). At the same time I get hit with crits for 3.5k-4k (i.e. from Lushing Blade)

I thought "well, my stats really sucks" but I always inspect other players from my team and it seems that my stats are not as bad (well, for sure there are not perfect...). also i think that at lvl 48/49 stats I have as TR are quite high?

Is there someone that can explain to me why in hell my crit damage varies so much (from 500 dmg to 2.000 dmg)?

I may not understand the mechanics ( i.e. hit from the behind deals more damage) but when fighting another TR, I start running away and get a crit for ~3k, and seconds later I hit him for less than 1k?

Here are my stats, feats etc.

http://www.picshot.pl/public/view/353902
http://www.picshot.pl/public/view/353903
http://www.picshot.pl/public/view/full/353904

Can someone please explain to me why such strange things are happening? Are my stats really so bad? If so I would understand dealing crits for 2k where other crit for 3k, but why the hell 500 dmg crit?

I also thought that i.e. CW or DC cast a shield that lowers received dmg, but also checked that in PvP where there was no CW /DC near and the result was the same.

p.s. I hit dummies in PvP Hall for ~4k
p.s.s. sorry for my english - I am not native speaker :)
Post edited by bengipl on

Comments

• arrywilarrywil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There are a lot of variables in PVP, the most common which would cause this would be their defence and deflection amounts other than that I'm not to sure what could be causing it. You're passive feats will also play a role in the damage calculation as well depending on what you have chosen.
    Also personally I wouldn't judge any damage outputs until lvl 60 because until then it will change level on level due to how the base damage increases with level.
    Sons of Schlarb
    Thaddeus Talbot - GF - Dragon
    Aysta Tarley - TR - Dragon
  • s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    1-59 pvp dmg scale is stupid. no pvp till 60.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • webbotwebbot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Simple answer!

Your damage is reduced when you are levels 42-48, with the highest reduction at level 48. Once you reach level 49 the reduction is removed and then once more is slowly applied at levels 52-58.

This is meant to balance the damage that higher level players do compared to lower level players, but the reduction is insane. Example was when I was level 38 my lashing blade crit for 1.7k and a level 31 crit me for 3.7k.

With this in mind it is a great idea to only purchase gear for level 49 and 59 as the damage reduction is reduced at those levels. I used to buy gear at level 48 expecting my damage to skyrocket but it never did, because I wasn't aware of this insane scaling.

Take away message: PVP at levels 49-52 and then grind it out till 59.
  • bengiplbengipl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    webbot wrote: »
    Simple answer!

Your damage is reduced when you are levels 42-48, with the highest reduction at level 48. Once you reach level 49 the reduction is removed and then once more is slowly applied at levels 52-58.

This is meant to balance the damage that higher level players do compared to lower level players, but the reduction is insane. Example was when I was level 38 my lashing blade crit for 1.7k and a level 31 crit me for 3.7k.

With this in mind it is a great idea to only purchase gear for level 49 and 59 as the damage reduction is reduced at those levels. I used to buy gear at level 48 expecting my damage to skyrocket but it never did, because I wasn't aware of this insane scaling.

Take away message: PVP at levels 49-52 and then grind it out till 59.

THANK YOU!!!! :) Finally, u have just saved my keyboard and mouse from certain death! :)