test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release of the "Drow" race for open play ... when?

turkf54turkf54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Sorry, but I have been unable to find any real information on if this will be happening on the release of the new module or if there is another time line, other then the "60 days" after initial release that was initially advertised.

Could anyone link any useful info on this topic?

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There hasn't been any additional info since they said it would come out 60 days postlaunch at the earliest.
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Apparently, it was unofficially changed to 60 days after the game is out of beta, which is around mid of June. So earliest possible date is mid of August, which happens to coincide with the Module 1 release.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The 60 days expires just before the next pack comes out. I expect them to release the Drow then, so the Moon Elf is the only race behind a pay gate at that time. That is pure speculation, but it makes sense to me.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    timmbeer wrote: »
    Apparently, it was unofficially changed to 60 days after the game is out of beta, which is around mid of June. So earliest possible date is mid of August, which happens to coincide with the Module 1 release.

It wasn't a change. It was 60 days after launch, which is August 20th.
  • Options
    seraphnaseraphna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I should point out that the Moon Elf in the pack is labelled a "Unique" Moon Elf race. Since they said we're getting everything they advertised in the module for free, it's highly possible there's a "Paid" Moon Elf and a "Free" Moon Elf. Much like there's already a "Paid" Drow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    seraphna wrote: »
    I should point out that the Moon Elf in the pack is labelled a "Unique" Moon Elf race. Since they said we're getting everything they advertised in the module for free, it's highly possible there's a "Paid" Moon Elf and a "Free" Moon Elf. Much like there's already a "Paid" Drow.

Nope, in the Extended FAQ it states...

What if I want to play the Sun Elf race as well as the exclusive Moon Elf race?

The Sun Elf race is free for all Neverwinter players.

If Moon Elf was as well it would have been stated there too, but Moon Elf will be exclusive to The Feywild Knights.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    seraphna wrote: »

That has been noted by many, suggesting that wording indicates there will be two types of Moon Elves. However, that they haven't used clear language consistent with that in the promotion of the pack has raised some concerns. They should be clearer in their promotion materials if they will indeed be having two versions of the Moon Elf, so that these types of concerns don't arise.
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    It wasn't a change. It was 60 days after launch, which is August 20th.

Thus I put unofficially, since there is no official wording stating 60 days after launch during beta, just "60 days"
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    seraphnaseraphna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nope, in the Extended FAQ it states...

What if I want to play the Sun Elf race as well as the exclusive Moon Elf race?

The Sun Elf race is free for all Neverwinter players.

If Moon Elf was as well it would have been stated there too, but Moon Elf will be exclusive to The Feywild Knights.

Meh, no, since the wording and question are about Sun Elves. I'm more apt to believe their intentional stepping around words is to hopefully sell more packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Um, wasn't the quote "at least 60 days after launch"?