test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GM ticket-- Fail again.

durango333durango333 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What am I supposed to do put in another ticket? this will be the third, they keep sending me generic emails about what they can't do that are unrelated to the issue and marking it as solved. its very frustrating.
Post edited by durango333 on

Comments

• skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Their customer service is extremely poor. I think everyone knows this by now. I have actually accepted it as the price of playing the game.
  • digitalbeachbumdigitalbeachbum Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What are you having trouble with? I having trouble with my launcher. I can start it but it is minimized and I can't maximize it. Last night when I went to bed I didn't have any problems.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What are you having trouble with? I having trouble with my launcher. I can start it but it is minimized and I can't maximize it. Last night when I went to bed I didn't have any problems.

There is a workaround to that issue posted here.
  • durango333durango333 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Actually I didn't expect to get a response, the few times I have put a post in here about this it has been deleted within 30 sec and ive been told off about quoting GM's so I don't think I better mention what the problem is, needless to say it is a legitimate issue and I have not put in a ticket for any MMO in the last 4 years so I don't waste my time in silly stuff.
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If you're having issues about tickets, be sure to fill out a ticket about it. Also, don't forget to buy a Fury of the Feywild pack!
    edited July 2013
    Ty but not my issue, this is from 3 months back it takes a month to get a reply for each ticket, or for them to post a generic note and ..."solved"
    edited July 2013
    I didn't check that, silly me, just go to the Zen market and buy a GM for 10k easy fixed.
    edited July 2013
    I understand that there service is poor and overworked /undersupplied, but I really think that if a ticket floats around for a month, it gets automated /booted and a generic response is generated, because anyone with half a brain can see that the issue doesn't relate to what they email to me. its just sad that after 3 months no GM has even looked at my ticket.
  • templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree every time I send a ticket, I get a stupid automated answer that really has nothing to do with the problem like,

the other day I typed my PW in wrong too many times (due to cat sitting on my enter key) and after 3 tries it says wait a few moments, come to find out 2hrs later, it says " Too many attempts, Please try again in a few moments"

I wait the next day, same thing so I make a new character to find out what the hell is wrong with the login and it says the same exact thing, so I took a guess and figured they blocked my IP without notifying me and saying "Too many attempts we have blocked your I.P. for now" so I changed my I.P. and what do you know, I logged in just fine.

So keep that in mind if you ever enter your PW wrong more than 5 times. What I'm trying to say here is, don't bother sending a ticket in just figure out the solution to your problem on your own. It WILL be much faster and knowledgeable.
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Unfortunately, it seems that their customer support service is run with bots (really).

I've worked for companies that have bots in their system to keep things moving along. If a ticket is open for xx amount of time, a bot / process moves it into a different queue, sends out a generic email and increases the urgency (but not really).

From that point on, the ticket goes around on an automated queueing system (similar to your suitcases on the convery system in an airport) until a human gets involved and removes it from the system to actually deal with it.

If you're lucky it gets addressed and resolved within an acceptable amount of time, if you're unlucky, your 'ticket' ends up in lost-luggage 5000 miles away from the beach you're lying on.

Worst-case scenario is if these systems either haven't been configured properly, or haven't got a loop in the system at which point the tickets reach the 'end' of the queueing system and either get closed or deleted.
  • shydo123shydo123 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Customer service probably has a slow response time due to all the ridiculous tickets people post. Just look at all the whiny forum posts about small stuff. Due to this being a FTP game I doubt that they are required to have any type of customer service other than for cash transactions. If the game isn't working for you then I guess they don't expect you to play. It would probably help if they had a forum section for players helping players so that people can pass the word on how they fixed various issues.
  • geargogglesgeargoggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    shydo123 wrote: »
    If the game isn't working for you then I guess they don't expect you to play.

This seems to be the case exactly. If the game works for you, then you don't need support unless it's possibly with a transaction of zen, which means you are spending real money. If it doesn't work for you, then you should for sure know not to spend any real money, and they assume that to be the case and offer no support for you.

I've had tickets open with obvious bot responses too, and really I was in shock that I got a response at all. I really believe players would be more satisfied if they actually said outright that they didn't offer any game support, it is what it is, but if you have problems with real money transaction, then maybe they will look into it.

The best part of the whole thing, that you get a response to the ticket that's obvious automated, which tells you there is no fix for your issue any nothing useful, but it takes a month to get that response. If they just bot back responses, why not just have them auto-send within like an hour? It might actually make players feel better, doubt it though really lol.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    durango333 wrote: »
    What am I supposed to do put in another ticket? this will be the third, they keep sending me generic emails about what they can't do that are unrelated to the issue and marking it as solved. its very frustrating.

The old Squeaky Wheel approach to customer service! Still a classic. Good luck!

I hate to be a kicker,
    I always long for peace,
    But the wheel that does the squeaking,
    Is the one that gets the grease.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
    edited July 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    The old Squeaky Wheel approach to customer service! Still a classic. Good luck!

I hate to be a kicker,
    I always long for peace,
    But the wheel that does the squeaking,
    Is the one that gets the grease.

That is so true, But really if they just said they can't or won't fix it, that's fine. and if they put a list of things they can't do on the GM ticket page that's fine by me also, but they make it seem like they will do all the fixes for you they list all the problems they will solve, but then waste your time and theirs by emailing a list of things they can't fix a month later. My mistake was buying Zen, if it wasn't money indirectly from my pocket that I'm trying to sort out I wouldn't bother with all this. And I can say I have learned a lesson to see what the support system in a game is like first before I invest any real money.
  • endagonendagon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited July 2013
    Another satisfied user, don't forget that the Feywind pack is now available.
  • filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    so what's your issue? :)
This discussion has been closed.