test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVP Strangeness (All enemies leaving, All in the same guild)

mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
There are some really odd things happening in the PVP right now. Sometimes, one person will leave and you cannot win. This happens regularly.

The other thing which happens is that your team pawns the other team and takes all the spires, then the whole other team leaves. This usually happens at around 500 points. Then the characters sit and wait until they reach 1000 points. This is pretty strange. Sometimes the other team hides until the session ends. It is very odd. Sometimes you win absolutely.

Another thing which happens is a guild joins PVP and they are all from the same group with perfect coordination. It ends up being 1000 to 13. It is like there is a split, one time your team wins completely, then your team runs into perfect coordination combined with exploits and you can get nothing. Sometimes you lose absolutely.

Then there is the balanced fight where your team is almost matched. It is hard to know which will happen. This is at level 60. There is clearly little or no way to know what will happen. It does not appear that there is much refereeing.

My group can be kicked because one of the players is using exploits. Because the fights are often random, there is no way to know if someone on a team will show up and use exploits. Your team could kicked because one of your players is using exploits, but you aren't. It is very unpredictable.

I usually win more than I lose, but it is hard to tell exactly why or how this happens.
Post edited by mytgroo on

Comments

• Options
    chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mytgroo wrote: »
    There are some really odd things happening in the PVP right now. Sometimes, one person will leave and you cannot win. This happens regularly.

The other thing which happens is that your team pawns the other team and takes all the spires, then the whole other team leaves. This usually happens at around 500 points. Then the characters sit and wait until they reach 1000 points. This is pretty strange. Sometimes the other team hides until the session ends. It is very odd. Sometimes you win absolutely.

Another thing which happens is a guild joins PVP and they are all from the same group with perfect coordination. It ends up being 1000 to 13. It is like there is a split, one time your team wins completely, then your team runs into perfect coordination combined with exploits and you can get nothing. Sometimes you lose absolutely.

Then there is the balanced fight where your team is almost matched. It is hard to know which will happen. This is at level 60. There is clearly little or no way to know what will happen. It does not appear that there is much refereeing.

My group can be kicked because one of the players is using exploits. Because the fights are often random, there is no way to know if someone on a team will show up and use exploits. Your team could kicked because one of your players is using exploits, but you aren't. It is very unpredictable.

I usually win more than I lose, but it is hard to tell exactly why or how this happens.

Not sure if I... Wut?
    INB4, INB4
  • Options
    nightgameznightgamez Member Posts: 85
    edited July 2013

I understand what you are saying but why are you saying it? This is the nature of the game when you join random pvp matches using a Q system. Do you want things to change or work differently? If so what are your ideas to make things better, you started this thread after all =).
    This game is designed to make as much money as possible on a day to day basis. It is not designed to be a great long term game.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Part of the problem with exploits is in 5 on 5 matches, who is on your team is random, so you can get people who exploit and people who don't exploit. This means a person who doesn't exploit can be kicked easily for exploits. The whole system is very messy.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I would like for people to start on the map without a closed off zone. I would like people who suddenly leave to have a timer of ten minutes to rejoin a match. This might make it a little better. I would like only battle potions purchased from a specific vendor to work in the arena. I would like an end point timer for matches where the entire other team leaves. The glory count ends once the whole other side leaves. I would like for people to be able to set up nonrandom teams for matches and then set a time when they will fight. I would like a statement about refereeing from Cryptic.

I would like a concede button if a person really needs to leave which allows another player in as a possible option.

I would like bigger maps with five towers so there is more strategy in the game than three towers. This would make it more interesting. I would like bonus zones as well. A capture the flag and bring it back would be interesting as well.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Part of the problem with exploits is in 5 on 5 matches, who is on your team is random, so you can get people who exploit and people who don't exploit. This means a person who doesn't exploit can be kicked easily for exploits. The whole system is very messy.

What are these exploits to which you are referring? Because I have a feeling your incorporating regular game mechanics regarding the drastic discrepancies with gear, skill, and class differences in your reference to exploits.
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    What are these exploits to which you are referring? Because I have a feeling your incorporating regular game mechanics regarding the drastic discrepancies with gear, skill, and class differences in your reference to exploits.

If the exploits are known to you and OP, everybody will be abusing it already.

Of course it is a secret that is unknown to the general public, and heavily abused by the selective few...
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    They are things like your horse stops working and your movement becomes buggy, people can enter the elevated start points, multiple potion stacking for nonbattle potions, the towers suddenly go blank when they are 2/3 changed, endless hopping which makes a character hard to follow or hit, hit point meter zero showing immune to damage, and similar things.

I don't mind the stun locks, the guardian shield meter, three mages focusing their spells on one character, the thieves attacking invisibly, these are part of the game.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

This is much of a random part of PVP (heck, even PVE with the tacky dungeon queue system). Of course, if it is any good, everyone will be praising (or busy playing PVP, so save the praise).

Most looks legit (and unhealthy to the PVP scene), but the first point you have given where one leaves and cannot win... you mean that there is no way to complete the match, even if the all enemy team members leave too. That looks like a bug then, and should be reported.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    sharonasillysharonasilly Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They are things like your horse stops working and your movement becomes buggy, people can enter the elevated start points, multiple potion stacking for nonbattle potions, the towers suddenly go blank when they are 2/3 changed, endless hopping which makes a character hard to follow or hit, hit point meter zero showing immune to damage, and similar things.

I don't mind the stun locks, the guardian shield meter, three mages focusing their spells on one character, the thieves attacking invisibly, these are part of the game.

None of these exploits. This is just an inexperienced PvPer who doesn't know whats going on.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    None of these exploits. This is just an inexperienced PvPer who doesn't know whats going on.

Would you rather I say hacks. When your horse suddenly flashes blue repeatedly while you are trying to move is not a sign of inexperience with an x next to it is not a sign of inexperience. When you hit the 6 key repeatedly and nothing happens is that accidental.

No one is supposed to be able to enter the player start area of the other team. Not quite sure how this is done. GF or GWF entering start area is not accidental.

The jumping is annoying.

How does one explain GWF or GF teleporting.

The potion stacking is a known exploit.

The towers are not supposed to reset automatically half way through changing while you are sitting there, especially if there is no other character nearby. This includes invisible thieves.

I can name other things.

There are plenty of legitimate things like the halo spells which disable movement, the stun locks, etc.
  • Options
    magrynmagryn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I understand and accept the general rules of engagement when it comes to PVP. However what gets me fired up is when the opposing team quits the field part way through and your team is awarded no XP.

There also appears to be an exploit where damaged is bypassed. In PvP 5 on 5 level 19 Beholder server my fully blue decked out Half Orc rogue (actual level 16) and another rogue on my team were attacking a CW from the other team. The CW had taken our base 1 and was holding it on his own. Both myself and the other rogue attacked him almost at the same time laying conditions then damage hits to him. We both were talking to each other at the time and both saw the first 3 or 4 attacks from both of us have no damage affect. The CW then attacked us and killed me off then. Reduced my team mate to almost nothing before running off. My reaction and that of my team mates was WTF followed by suggestions the CW was using an exploit. I've played all four closed Beta weekends and quiet a bit of open beta PVP and not seen a CW survive two rogues attacking let alone killing one off. Has anyone else witnessed PVP opponents not taking damage from all out bursts ?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Would you rather I say hacks. When your horse suddenly flashes blue repeatedly while you are trying to move is not a sign of inexperience with an x next to it is not a sign of inexperience. When you hit the 6 key repeatedly and nothing happens is that accidental.

No one is supposed to be able to enter the player start area of the other team. Not quite sure how this is done. GF or GWF entering start area is not accidental.

The jumping is annoying.

The towers are not supposed to reset automatically half way through changing while you are sitting there, especially if there is no other character nearby. This includes invisible thieves.

I can name other things.

There are plenty of legitimate things like the halo spells which disable movement, the stun locks, etc.

You sound mad ignorant dude. Sounds like Ur net sucks and u dont understand game mechanics. L2P.
    INB4, INB4
  • Options
    edited July 2013

The jumping is annoying.

I can name other things.

Unfortunately, unless you go and exploit, record it down, then put it up on youtube, then get your account ban (and hopefully the exploit fixed), all these exploiters will just call you to L2P.

Look what happen to the cats exploit. Only someone brave (and foolish enough) to show the whole that exploit then Cryptic steps in and clear the exploit within a day.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    magryn wrote: »
    I understand and accept the general rules of engagement when it comes to PVP. However what gets me fired up is when the opposing team quits the field part way through and your team is awarded no XP.

There also appears to be an exploit where damaged is bypassed. In PvP 5 on 5 level 19 Beholder server my fully blue decked out Half Orc rogue (actual level 16) and another rogue on my team were attacking a CW from the other team. The CW had taken our base 1 and was holding it on his own. Both myself and the other rogue attacked him almost at the same time laying conditions then damage hits to him. We both were talking to each other at the time and both saw the first 3 or 4 attacks from both of us have no damage affect. The CW then attacked us and killed me off then. Reduced my team mate to almost nothing before running off. My reaction and that of my team mates was WTF followed by suggestions the CW was using an exploit. I've played all four closed Beta weekends and quiet a bit of open beta PVP and not seen a CW survive two rogues attacking let alone killing one off. Has anyone else witnessed PVP opponents not taking damage from all out bursts ?

Again, like I had suggested, unless you go and exploit, record it down, then put it up on youtube, then get your account ban (and hopefully the exploit fixed), all these exploiters will just call you to L2P.

Just don't do it, though. These exploiters are just hoping to provoke some dummy into really recording himself/herself doing the exploit and post it, hoping it will be solve. The exploiters will get away scot-free and use other exploits, of course.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    timmbeer wrote: »
    Again, like I had suggested, unless you go and exploit, record it down, then put it up on youtube, then get your account ban (and hopefully the exploit fixed), all these exploiters will just call you to L2P.

Just don't do it, though. These exploiters are just hoping to provoke some dummy into really recording himself/herself doing the exploit and post it, hoping it will be solve. The exploiters will get away scot-free and use other exploits, of course.

If you understand game mechanics you can spot an exploit fairly easy, almost second nature to do so. You sound pretty ignorant as to what exploits are and how they are used.

People don't have to throw it out there for it to be unearthed. OP IS a L2P issue, guy.
    INB4, INB4
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »
    If you understand game mechanics you can spot an exploit fairly easy, almost second nature to do so. You sound pretty ignorant as to what exploits are and how they are used.

People don't have to throw it out there for it to be unearthed. OP IS a L2P issue, guy.

Really darling, you have a problem with that? Anyone who dares to claim it is almost second nature to spot an exploit that easily is the one who understand how to use that exploit.

Now now, I am not saying that he/she has to use that exploit, but it does certainly raise eyebrows when someone claims I am ignorant of what exploits are. Certainly that someone is more of an expert in all these exploits than me?
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Really darling, you have a problem with that? Anyone who dares to claim it is almost second nature to spot an exploit that easily is the one who understand how to use that exploit.

Now now, I am not saying that he/she has to use that exploit, but it does certainly raise eyebrows when someone claims I am ignorant of what exploits are. Certainly that someone is more of an expert in all these exploits than me?

It's rly common sense, HONEY. I'm sorry you're having issues with this.
    INB4, INB4
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Another thing which happens is a guild joins PVP and they are all from the same group with perfect coordination. It ends up being 1000 to 13. .

These are not recent developments.

The leaving thing is because there is no penalty for leaving. Once people think they are going to lose they often just leave and go and queue for another game.

The pre-made issue is just normal for games that mix pre-made and pugs in queues.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Yes I hate the plague of leavers as well.

About your rogue/CW fight- although I don't deny that there could have been some cheat- I would also note that 1) at level 16 your damage is scaled very low even in blues (you would probably hit harder at level 11 in greens because of the way the scaling works) and 2) if the CW had picked up a potion before you engaged him it would appear that he was not taking damage.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »
    It's rly common sense, HONEY. I'm sorry you're having issues with this.

Whatever you say. Exploits are still there regardless, anyway. Sorry when I still have issues with common sense, while yours is clearly missing.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Whatever you say. Exploits are still there regardless, anyway. Sorry when I still have issues with common sense, while yours is clearly missing.

I never said they didn't. But nothing in ops post had anything to do with any in game exploits. Clearly you are having issues with comprehension as well.
    INB4, INB4
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

my low level dwarf cleric was in a match where little to no damage was ever done to it while having the other team all go after it, my cleric killed them easy enough, then the next game my cleric didn't do so well ... I was well geared for my level but I can't explain it and I don't use exploits, cheats, or hacks
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

There are no Exploits stop!! If there are this isn't the place to talk about them. I have yet to see 1 single exploit in a PvP match in countless 1000's of matches. In game report it but the fact is there are rarely ever any exploits and this page isn't for them.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I understand the mechanics of the game-- some of them need to be changed to make it more enjoyable. People would like it more if they could finish out a match more often. There probably need to be some tweaks to how the towers change, movement, the layout of the arenas so they are bigger and have a few more bonuses to them-- maybe a speed bonus item in addition to the healing potion.

It is too easy to powergame-- I would not call it exploit, where you try and make yourself more powerful than any other character in the game so you can win every time. I am not quite sure why this is so encouraged. There are plenty of ways to do this. It is a style of play which is different than I just want to enjoy myself.

Part of the redesign issue might be to include some other things, maybe a jumping game, a capture the flag type game, some more terrain types in the arena-- water, stairs, etc. Having five towers instead of three.
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They are things like your horse stops working and your movement becomes buggy

You got ccd.
    multiple potion stacking for nonbattle potions

Potions do not have a cooldown while not in combat. Potions do not stack however, and if you take more then one heal over time you only get the effect of one.
    the towers suddenly go blank when they are 2/3 changed

This happens on an unclaimed control point, when both teams have the same number of players on the point, thereby making it a tie.
    endless hopping which makes a character hard to follow or hit

Spacebar is OP?
    hit point meter zero showing immune to damage

It is called soulforged armor enchantment. It has a 100% chance of making the user invincible for 4 seconds when taking damage under 25% health.

I hate to be that guy, but seriously. Learn to play before you accuse people of using legitimate in-game mechanics as exploiting?
  • Options
    malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    You got ccd.

Potions do not have a cooldown while not in combat. Potions do not stack however, and if you take more then one heal over time you only get the effect of one.

This happens on an unclaimed control point, when both teams have the same number of players on the point, thereby making it a tie.

Spacebar is OP?

It is called soulforged armor enchantment. It has a 100% chance of making the user invincible for 4 seconds when taking damage under 25% health.

I hate to be that guy, but seriously. Learn to play before you accuse people of using legitimate in-game mechanics as exploiting?

Yeah, the Soulforged thing is a L2P bit.

Potions can, and do stack, if you use the PvP vendor pot, and then pick up one of the map heal pots. I've experienced this first hand. Why? Because the map pots are treated as buffs just like campfire, and not like the actual potions. You can also witness this first hand by grabbing a map pot then hopping into an Astral Shield, they stack.

As for the spacebar hopping bit: The issue is, if your ability has an AoE ground reticule, and they are hopping via spacebar, and you use the ability, it doesn't hit them half the time even if they are right smack in the middle of it. There is a similar issue regarding how GFs and GWFs can "rubberband" you when you try to dodge/teleport. WoW had/has the same issue, I don't think you can fix it per se. Most games tend to do the easy fix, by applying the damage/effects first: You take the damage anyhow because the server registers the ability hit from your start position instead of your exact current/landing position.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    It is not the soul forged bit when it happens repeatedly, for about fifteen seconds -- moving from one character to the next. I am not sure how that is done.

I know there is also the enhanced shield meter +20% guard meter with a particular armor set also GFs who buy special shields from the Zen Store are often much harder to damage.

The losing the control point is odd when you are the first to reach the control point at the beginning of the game and it is 2/3 finished. This is not having more than one person on a control point. It just changes suddenly. Or is it, that if at any point there are the same number of characters on a tower-- it reduces to zero-- that would not make sense.

You are sitting in start point and your horse turns red with an x in it. You are not near the other players. It flashes repeatedly red. There is no enemy player near it. The horse moves slower. Sometimes, when you hit 6, your character will move in and out of phase and the character won't have the horse effect.

This is not a spell like the halo, or the stun effect, these are easy to watch. I understand being marked, but you aren't near the other players. Somehow, you are targeted in a closed area.
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I like how you included exploits in there. Usually when someone is bad and/or losing they throw that out, calling you a hack. Or, even better, you'll be in a guild group and winning by 400 or more points and they'll say "you must be a bad guild", the reasoning being you should be beating them by more? But, you're losing in the first place? You'd rather we beat you more? Exploits, I don't know, I've had suspicions, but I've never seen anything that I could later prove was an exploit, it ended up being gear and builds. That's it. Join a guild then if you're so upset about it. Sometimes it happens we're trying to coordinate a guild vs guild battle and got queued with a pug group. Fighting a challenging team will show you how to play better, maximize your potential, and learn how to fight. Doesn't that make sense to you?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I like how you included exploits in there. Usually when someone is bad and/or losing they throw that out, calling you a hack. Or, even better, you'll be in a guild group and winning by 400 or more points and they'll say "you must be a bad guild", the reasoning being you should be beating them by more? But, you're losing in the first place? You'd rather we beat you more? Exploits, I don't know, I've had suspicions, but I've never seen anything that I could later prove was an exploit, it ended up being gear and builds. That's it. Join a guild then if you're so upset about it. Sometimes it happens we're trying to coordinate a guild vs guild battle and got queued with a pug group. Fighting a challenging team will show you how to play better, maximize your potential, and learn how to fight. Doesn't that make sense to you?

Quite often it is gear and builds. It also can be that players are well coordinated together and are not all over the map. Sometimes it is the server which is a problem-- because of lag you lose-- your character is slower than the other players. The lag issue really needs to be fixed.

I am seeing something that I think is a pure exploit, I get marked in the start area and then one of the enemies can do a lot more damage. How I get marked is still a question to me. The potion stacking thing is questionable. A lot of it is character builds, you are right.

There are also speed issues. How does a character seem to do the same move without cooldown. There are lots of little details which come up which can be taken advantage of if you are looking for them.

A lot of it is skill. There are also balance issues and issues in how the game is set up like the jump and dodge at the same time issue. These are more in game bugs.

Some people look for all the bugs that can be taken advantage of as well as how to build the most powerful character and where there are insta-kill advantages which makes the game less fun for some people. It is about balance issues in play.

There are also is Pay to Win. If I have a faster mount, I can get to the towers first. Also, if I spend money, I can have slightly better gear which is not in the auction house because it is very expensive.