test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So any news on new class yet?

zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Can we get confirmation the new class is going to be in the next module? I have all but quit the game waiting on the expansion and was really hoping to have a new character grind out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Character is what a man is in the dark
Post edited by zylaxx on

Comments

• wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't think we're getting a new class in the next module.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Can we get confirmation the new class is going to be in the next module? I have all but quit the game waiting on the expansion and was really hoping to have a new character grind out.

I would prefer Cryptic/PWE to add new Paragon Paths then new classes...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    I would prefer Cryptic/PWE to add new Paragon Paths then new classes...

if they ever add them, I wager they'll be unlocked via zen.
    edited July 2013
    I could handle the blatant neglect of the Foundry a lot better if they were actually working on classes, paragon paths, etc. Right now though they only seem interested in how they can turn a profit by selling shinies we don't really need. Like that white tiger mount I just bought, for example. Sure, I love it, but I'd love the chance to play a Druid a lot more. A Feywild themed module with no Rangers or Druids is like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with no peanut butter or jelly in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    A Feywild themed module with no Rangers or Druids is like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with no peanut butter or jelly in my opinion.

Read the fine print! Peanut butter and jelly are unlocked with AD. ;)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
    edited July 2013
    Read the fine print! Peanut butter and jelly are unlocked with AD. ;)

Or Zen. Or USD. Anything the devs can use to buy cheap floozies to decorate their hot tubs with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kilaukkilauk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited July 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I could handle the blatant neglect of the Foundry a lot better if they were actually working on classes, paragon paths, etc. Right now though they only seem interested in how they can turn a profit by selling shinies we don't really need. Like that white tiger mount I just bought, for example. Sure, I love it, but I'd love the chance to play a Druid a lot more. A Feywild themed module with no Rangers or Druids is like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with no peanut butter or jelly in my opinion.

Subsitute Foundry with Game in the above post and I wholeheartedly agree. I was also waiting out, playing less and less each week, hoping for a fresh impulse to play the game, but without a new class or at least Paragon Paths (which i was expecting already by now) there is nothing for me in this update
    edited July 2013
    kilauk wrote: »
    Subsitute Foundry with Game in the above post and I wholeheartedly agree. I was also waiting out, playing less and less each week, hoping for a fresh impulse to play the game, but without a new class or at least Paragon Paths (which i was expecting already by now) there is nothing for me in this update

There's one thing I noticed the day I started playing this that sort of told me the devs might not EVER bother adding another class, despite what they say. If you look at the Rogue's Paragon feats, one of the three categories is "Scoundrel", and if you've played 4e like I have, you know Scoundrel is the other Rogue build besides Trickster. So we'll never get a Scoundrel Rogue, that's for certain, at least. What it says to me is that the devs have no intention of giving us all the class builds in PH1. If they won't finish PH1, why would they bother with the primal classes in PH2, or the psionic ones in PH3? Another one of the Rogue's Paragon feat categories is Executioner, which is a build for the Assassin in Player Options: Heroes of Shadow. We're getting a Feywild module before we get any primal classes, or even a Ranger. So you can bet they'll never add anything from Player Options: Heroes of the Feywild either, once they get the Feywild out of the way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • endagonendagon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited July 2013
    kilauk wrote: »

Same here, I don't log in anymore, just come to the forms every now and then to see if any new information about the new class has been released. I doubt I will still be doing that soon.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »

http://www.twitch.tv/mmorpgcom/c/2562679

No new class scheduled for release until the end of the year. Lead Designer talks about module 1, as well as a class they are working on which is about 40% complete @ 6:00 in the video. The Lead also mentions that you will NOT see the new class in Module 1, so no go on that idea as well. During the interview you will also take note that the Lead talks about 1 class, so not sure if that's all they have on the schedule for release at the end of the year or if they plan on releasing more than one new class.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem