test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You can STILL spawn camp in PvP.

zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Seriously, this is stupid. I'd love it if at least one of the fixes you guys implemented actually stopped the problem.

You can STILL jump into the spawn point in Hotenow and spawn camp. Fix this.
Post edited by zephryl1 on

Comments

• rodostorodosto Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wait for another month for fix.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Wait, you stil believe Cryptic's patch notes? Would you like to buy a bridge?
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It can be done in Rivenscar as well so I honestly don't know what was changed. From what I recall reading I believe this was reported for the preview server. Not sure why they implement the preview server if they're not going to address issues that players find there. At the very least take it out of the patch notes when you push it out to the live servers. Hotenow map really just needs a redesign to make the spawn point like 20 feet higher or something.
  • zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Oh, they added an invisible wall to the front of the spawn point. Not a solid wall, but one that prevents you targetting enemies through it, or AoE damage from passing through it.

So they can no longer attack you from outside of the spawn, and vice-versa, but there's nothing stopping them jumping up past the "Wall" and killing you.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zephryl1 wrote: »
    Oh, they added an invisible wall to the front of the spawn point. Not a solid wall, but one that prevents you targetting enemies through it, or AoE damage from passing through it.

So they can no longer attack you from outside of the spawn, and vice-versa, but there's nothing stopping them jumping up past the "Wall" and killing you.

No longer being able to teleport into people bases essentially means that people who spawn their own base but aren't afk no longer have to worry about retribution for wasting everyone's time. Woohoo!
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, Cryptic hasn't learned how to properly do PvP yet. Many other developers to extra precautions to address spawn camping such as random spawn in points, inaccessible spawn locations (one-way), objectives that punish spawn camping, etc., etc.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    No longer being able to teleport into people bases essentially means that people who spawn their own base but aren't afk no longer have to worry about retribution for wasting everyone's time. Woohoo!

Except that you can still get into peoples bases so... I'm not sure what your point is. Please enlighten us.
  • velourianvelourian Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    screenshot_2013_07_14_15_10_18.jpg

I'm not sure how much you can see, but these people are pretty low.
  • chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    velourian wrote: »

Sry if you get spawned in domination your teams losing anyway. And if you are getting killed on your campfire you're just sad.
    INB4, INB4
  • krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Now do you see what I was crying for a concede vote?
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
    edited July 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »
    Sry if you get spawned in domination your teams losing anyway. And if you are getting killed on your campfire you're just sad.

Or maybe most of the team left? Or were bots? No matter how awesome you (think you) are, 1 (or 2.. or 3) vs 5 isn't going to end well. It's just poor sportsmanship from the other team to spawn camp. Especially when it's obvious, based on the previous patch notes with Cryptic trying to fix it. that you're NOT supposed to spawn camp.

If you think you're so awesome then wait past the dropoff and let people come down. For example one match I was in it was 5 on our team and only 1 on the other. We gave that person the chance to 1vs1 whoever they wanted and it was at least sporting.
    edited July 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Or maybe most of the team left? Or were bots? No matter how awesome you (think you) are, 1 (or 2.. or 3) vs 5 isn't going to end well. It's just poor sportsmanship from the other team to spawn camp. Especially when it's obvious, based on the previous patch notes with Cryptic trying to fix it. that you're NOT supposed to spawn camp.

If you think you're so awesome then wait past the dropoff and let people come down. For example one match I was in it was 5 on our team and only 1 on the other. We gave that person the chance to 1vs1 whoever they wanted and it was at least sporting.

If you are the only person. Or you are short beginning of the match... Leave... It's not rocket science. No one wants to stand around for 10 minutes while some chumps roast marshmallows because they are super desperate for a weak 4k ad.
    INB4, INB4
    edited July 2013
    If you are the only person. Or you are short beginning of the match... Leave... It's not rocket science. No one wants to stand around for 10 minutes while some chumps roast marshmallows because they are super desperate for a weak 4k ad.

Totally irrelevant to the topic of spawn camping. Oh well I'm sure Cryptic will finally fix it. Someday. What will you spawncampers do then to pass the time?
    edited July 2013
    Totally irrelevant to the topic of spawn camping. Oh well I'm sure Cryptic will finally fix it. Someday. What will you spawncampers do then to pass the time?

Prolly sit out front your spawn while you dance by the fire like non TRs and CWs do now. Nothing different just more boring than before.
    INB4, INB4
  • sveguroksvegurok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    btw you get more Glory points for having higher score. so there is your reason for spawn camp. it just bugs me that some classes are able to do it while others are not.
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't see this as an issue. If you are getting spawn camped it means you are sitting at your own spawn in order to deny kills to the winning team. You are essentially taking your ball and going home because you are loosing, which makes you just as bad a sport as those spawn camping you. It's PVP not let the losers roast marshmallows in peace.
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Except that you can still get into peoples bases so... I'm not sure what your point is. Please enlighten us.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

But anyways, why didn't they make it so you couldn't be targeted or attacked at spawn at all (whether inside or out)? Just putting up a "no target wall" seems like a really lame bandaid solution to save themselves an extra few minutes of work. I know those Zen items aren't gonna make themselves, but c'mon.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Well a campfire healing is super low. Its pretty easy to 2 shot players so campfire or not it doesn't help. I think we are missing the real issue here.

Spawn Sitting- That's right. After 15 seconds at the campfire you should be booted out from it to fight if you don't want to fight then leave. Pretty simple. There would be no spawn camping if there was no Spawn sitting.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If people were really concerned about pts they would allow the losing team to cap and node a then retake it. They are not concerned about pts they just want to try to grow their epeen by 5v1 on anyone who leaves the spawn hoping to get that kill.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
    edited July 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    If people were really concerned about pts they would allow the losing team to cap and node a then retake it. They are not concerned about pts they just want to try to grow their epeen by 5v1 on anyone who leaves the spawn hoping to get that kill.

This is why I tell my team to hold 2 basses. If you go for the 3rd they leave. If you hold 2 they stay and fight for mid and you can just farm them at least for a bit.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I honestly dont get why this is a problem... I would love it if they add a bridge or ramp UP to the spawn... Heck why not?! Its not like your K/D ratio even matters or is tracked with your character... If you dont wanna die, dont play pvp...

Dont wanna get spawn camped? Dont lose...

I think they need to fix the leave issue so people CANT leave a game without punishment but I also think they need a matchmaking system too...

But seriously... who cares about spawn camping... Dont be bad and its not an issue.....
  • pwniexpresspwniexpress Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2013

This attitude would be an example of why developer fixes to prevent spawncamping are necessary. As long as some players are of the opinion "if I can do it then you deserve to have it done to you", then well-tested, effective game fixes are the only solution.
  • teezy604teezy604 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    velourian wrote: »

Are you on Beholder? Cause that looks like Our cleric lulz.QQ moar.
    edited July 2013
    This attitude would be an example of why developer fixes to prevent spawncamping are necessary. As long as some players are of the opinion "if I can do it then you deserve to have it done to you", then well-tested, effective game fixes are the only solution.

Once again if you can't spawn sit and are forced out after 10-15 secs there is no camping its a easy fix. The spawn area is not a rest area for drinking tea doing professions and browsing the AH. You get 10 sec to leave or you are thrown out to fight. This will fix a lot.
    edited July 2013
    Well a campfire healing is super low. Its pretty easy to 2 shot players so campfire or not it doesn't help. I think we are missing the real issue here.

Spawn Sitting- That's right. After 15 seconds at the campfire you should be booted out from it to fight if you don't want to fight then leave. Pretty simple. There would be no spawn camping if there was no Spawn sitting.

That's my point. If you are in your spawn. What do you expect ppl to do? Stare at each other?
    INB4, INB4
    edited July 2013
    That's my point. If you are in your spawn. What do you expect ppl to do? Stare at each other?

Well for one thing your team usually doesn't all spawn at the same time. This allows spawn campers to pick off 1-2 people at a time without giving the other team any sort of opportunity to defend themselves. Plus if you used you daily, have no divinity, etc, you have no ability to regenerate any of that stuff when you're killed over and over. It's just bad sportspersonship. Anyone who denies that is more than likely a lowdown dirty spawncamper themselves.

And as someone said a few posts ago if it's about points then you should let them cap **** instead of instakilling them. You'll get a lot more points taking it back than the lousy 25 or whatever you get for a kill.

Regardless, it's a moot point as Cryptic's efforts to "fix" it obviously point to how they feel about it. Unfortunately they haven't quite hit the mark at this time.
    edited July 2013
    Well for one thing your team usually doesn't all spawn at the same time. This allows spawn campers to pick off 1-2 people at a time without giving the other team any sort of opportunity to defend themselves. Plus if you used you daily, have no divinity, etc, you have no ability to regenerate any of that stuff when you're killed over and over. It's just bad sportspersonship. Anyone who denies that is more than likely a lowdown dirty spawncamper themselves.

And as someone said a few posts ago if it's about points then you should let them cap **** instead of instakilling them. You'll get a lot more points taking it back than the lousy 25 or whatever you get for a kill.

Regardless, it's a moot point as Cryptic's efforts to "fix" it obviously point to how they feel about it. Unfortunately they haven't quite hit the mark at this time.

I'm guessing you get killed alot but dont do much killing. Kills are 50 pts. 150 pts on node.

But i could care less about points. I pvp to crush my opponents and hear the lamentation of the women.
    INB4, INB4
  • gutbotgutbot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    But i could care less about points.
    You mean I couldn't care less. as in you have no more caring.
    Spawn camping is bad and you should feel bad. I can go toe to toe with anyone 1v1 on my GF, hell I might even let you hit me once or twice.
    On my DC however when there's 2 cheese rogues with 2 CW's dropping smoke bombs as soon as the 3 people left of your team (1 TR and another DC) try to spawn. Now thats pathetic! Isnt it bad enough that you rolled easy mode TR int he first place, but then to exploit is that just a bad player compensating for being a bad player?
    edited July 2013
    I'm guessing you get killed alot but dont do much killing. Kills are 50 pts. 150 pts on node.

But i could care less about points. I pvp to crush my opponents and hear the lamentation of the women.

That's why I PvP too. Pts are not important. Winning the match isn't either. Its dominating the other players till they are sad and cry and you drink there tears of sorrow for more power.