test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF - Constitution Focus Feat improves Armor Penetraion

freehugs9freehugs9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Finally got high enough level to testing it, and the Constitution Focus Feat improves Armor Penetration.

15 Constitution + Constitution Focus = +5.75% Armor Penetration
16 Constitution + Constitution Focus= +6.9% Armor Penetration
17 Constitution + Constitution Focus= +8.05% Armor Penetration
18 Constitution + Constitution Focus= +9.2% Armor Penetration
19 Constitution + Constitution Focus= +10.35% Armor Penetration
20 Constitution + Constitution Focus= +11.5% Armor Penetration
21 Constitution + Constitution Focus= +12.65% Armor Penetration
22 Constitution + Constitution Focus= +13.8% Armor Penetration
23 Constitution + Constitution Focus= +14.95% Armor Penetration
24 Constitution + Constitution Focus= +16.1% Armor Penetration
25 Constitution + Constitution Focus= +17.25% Armor Penetration
26 Constitution + Constitution Focus= +18.4% Armor Penetration
Post edited by freehugs9 on

Comments

• Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How did you confirm that Constitution Focus Feat improve Armor Penetration? Because it doesn't show any fractional increase in the Ability Score Tooltip, nor does it show under the Armor Penetration stat score.
    Thanks
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Good question. I have 18 Con (my GWF is experimental) and Constitution Focus. Took off all my ArPen gear. So my armor penetration is either 8% or 9.2%.
    Flaming Weapon isn't improve by Armor Penetration, so when I hit a Zombie Hulk I get 16% mitigation on Flaming Weapon in the combat log, and 6.8% mitigation with everything else.

16 - (8 * 1.15) = 6.8

So it definitely works, and that said I'll probably spec out of it.
  • Options
    stolly76stolly76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited July 2013
    I have one point in Constitution focus still atm..have been using 1 point in Toughness though on my human gwf..i was wondering about the arp deal too. Again thanks champ :)

Also with this good news I didn't have to use one dark enchantment so my last spot I had saved incase can now be used with another stat enchant.
  • Options
    pelkastpelkast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How much maximum HP 26 const grants you? Just wondering if it is worth it for regen gwf.
  • Options
    railcarrailcar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pelkast wrote: »
    How much maximum HP 26 const grants you? Just wondering if it is worth it for regen gwf.

I run with 24 con, and with a couple pieces of gear have over 30k hp.

That being said, the Arp from con focus becomes less valuable as you have more con because at 23 con and 0 Arp from gear you are already capping Arp on some creatures. It also becomes less valuable as you less con as it is a % bonus. Basically, it's not very good.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    railcar wrote: »
    I run with 24 con, and with a couple pieces of gear have over 30k hp.

That being said, the Arp from con focus becomes less valuable as you have more con because at 23 con and 0 Arp from gear you are already capping Arp on some creatures. It also becomes less valuable as you less con as it is a % bonus. Basically, it's not very good.

I went MAX con build and have 24 con (25 con with fire buff) so I dont think you can get 26 Con on a GWF... I think it also is VERY good because with 25 Con you get around 17% armor pen meaning you really only need about 500-600ish ARP stats to cap out at 22%-24% MEANING that you can focus on crit/power/rec gear... which is what most GWF gear is...
  • Options
    evo404evo404 Member Posts: 49
    edited July 2013
    Con focus seems like it would be a lot better offensive feat than Steely Defense assuming the bonus 15% affects Armor pen.
  • Options
    l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for posting this, freehugs... good to know.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    I went MAX con build and have 24 con (25 con with fire buff) so I dont think you can get 26 Con on a GWF...

There's a potion you can buy with Celestial coins for +1 to all stats.
  • Options
    stolly76stolly76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited July 2013
    freehugs9 wrote: »
    There's a potion you can buy with Celestial coins for +1 to all stats.

Yep I can only get 20 max con with the way I made my gwf, but with my arp worked out fine I already took account of the potion and the campfire buff does stack with it, but then again campfire only lasts 15 mins. So potion helps with maximising stats. I buy all potions with my ardent coins also :)