test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Two suggestions for a Better Neverwinter!!

raazhaelraazhael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey there.

I'm playing Neverwinter for almost a week. Very nice and fun mmorpg.

But i have two suggestions in my opinion could be very interesting to the game.

And they are;

1 - The mechanical of disarm traps from Rogues.
Every time you try to disarm a trap, the system automatically roll a dice, making you suceed or not.
Having only two or three tries, depending the quest or dungeon difficulty.

I believe this would bring a fresh breeze for this awsome new mmorpg.
This is a concept aproved by D&D, that makes his success.

Since the game carries the name Dungeons and Dragons, i dont think that is something the developers team could discard or be afraid to develope.

2 - A new class, based on oriental Samurais.

This would not only revolutionize all the mmorpg's Class System but allows the entire MMORPG Community to realize that different culture features can be brought and sucefully applied on some kind of medieavel background, where both belongs.

Also, this should brought much more players, not only those actives and experienced players who are always seeking new MMORPG's, but those from asiatic brood, japanese ancestry players to be more specific.

Since it's commum sense, that asiatic people are in most in the MMORPG Community.

Not only japanese players, would feel pleased and honour but i'm sure the asiatic people also, would feel attractive to the new feature.

So think well about this suggestion proposal, PerfectWorld Team.
Post edited by raazhael on

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1. Since people, for the most part, ignore traps, there should be an incentive to disarm them, or a more stringent penalty for not disarming them. Making them not 100%, even for rogues, is a step in the wrong direction. If anything, thief kits should allow others to disarm traps, and doing so should grant a few resources/AD/coppers or even the trap itself - which would be an item you can place somewhere and which damages enemies that step on it.

2. This game's particular setting is one highly influenced by medieval Europe. I'm not against having another swordsman, but at this point I think we need a ranged striker, another defender, and another healer class, before we get another melee striker. There's no reason that they couldn't add some Asian-inspired armors and weapons, though. My Tiefling CW might look fetching in a kimono!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    1. Since people, for the most part, ignore traps, there should be an incentive to disarm them, or a more stringent penalty for not disarming them. Making them not 100%, even for rogues, is a step in the wrong direction. If anything, thief kits should allow others to disarm traps, and doing so should grant a few resources/AD/coppers or even the trap itself - which would be an item you can place somewhere and which damages enemies that step on it.

2. This game's particular setting is one highly influenced by medieval Europe. I'm not against having another swordsman, but at this point I think we need a ranged striker, another defender, and another healer class, before we get another melee striker. There's no reason that they couldn't add some Asian-inspired armors and weapons, though. My Tiefling CW might look fetching in a kimono!

1 - I don't understand your position in this.

2 - 100% Agree with you.
    This was just a suggestion from a player who really like it this game,
    and wanna improve with suggestions, that i think is nice.

Of course they won't release a new class just for ''Swordman''.
    But if they someday, add a new classes. They could explore this Samurai Class, i suggest it.

The reasons i just gave it.

Your answer does not seems to ''hate'' the idea. So thank you for read it.

I hope more players could see this. Because i'm sure, this is a nice idea to don't be discarted this way.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Traps are certainly something many players want expanded and improved.

If you try some Foundry Content numerous authors have created some epic traps with illusionary items and clever use of existing mechanics. Traps I wish were in the main game.

As for suggestion two, well say what you want about how much alike to D&D the game is or isn't...
    But there are too many true D&D classes which are missing to focus on this at this time. That doesn't mean Cryptic won't but there's a long list of D&D classes many, many players want first in my opinion. :)
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    On the topic of traps I wish they were not visible to everyone.

I think traps should:

-only be visible to Rogues, and those with the dungeoneering skill should be able to see them only when they are close to the traps.
    - have some incentive for being disarmed an not a 100% success chance. Thievery kits should be able to disarm them (but at a much lower chance then for a rouge)
    -Deal way more damage. They should be something you want to avoid or disarm.
    -Add some types of non disarmable traps (even for rogues).
    -Have say 5 different difficulties of traps where the difficulties 1-4 are disarmable. Only difficulties 1 and 2 disarmable by thievery kits.
    - Also I think that when a rogue goes into stealth they should be considered out of combat for the purpose of disarming traps (but not for things like opening chests or mounting up, a special case just for traps). Also I think for this special case the chance of failure to disarm should be higher.

Just my thoughts on traps :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    - Also I think that when a rogue goes into stealth they should be considered out of combat for the purpose of disarming traps (but not for things like opening chests or mounting up, a special case just for traps). Also I think for this special case the chance of failure to disarm should be higher.

I can't count how many times my brother has said that. ;)
  • Options
    peteypirahnapeteypirahna Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, as much as I like this game, (been playing daily since beta), it is not a D&D game. It just has a D&D title slaped on to it.
    So there wont be any D&D like mechanics in the game.

If you want to play a game that is more lika a real D&D, with traps that matters and classes from the real D&D table games you should play Dungeons & Dragons online, as that game follows the real D&D rules. You even se the dice rolls in the chat when ever you do stuff.
    And best of all, you can climb ladders and ledges in that game :D
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The disarming skill for the rogues is fine like it is. Instead there should be an incentive for the roues , while in a party to scout ahead.
    For that there should be more dangerous traps able, if not to wipe a party, to seriously damage it. The traps should be disarmable with the thievery kit but with a chance of failure whereas the rogues should, just like now, be 100% sure of success or there would be no reason to prefer to have a rogue in the party over a thievery kit. Also out of combat the stealth of rogue should last longer for the purpose of scouting ahead
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They need to add class specifics to dungeons full stop..

Traps that cause 50%+ HP loss unless disarmed - Rogues
    Illusionary walls that only CW can see through or use etc
    Dungeon mechanics that only GF/GWF can interact with - Rubble blocking doorway to be moved etc
    Turn Undead/Bless areas to be able to move through..

These are just off the top of my head nothing major and adding these things to dungeons would then require you to take a full party of all classes just to make it possible to complete.
    Of course there are many many variations of this type of thing that could be implemented..
  • Options
    vanorvanor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    raazhael wrote: »
    This would not only revolutionize all the mmorpg's Class System

How in the world would it do that? Adding another melee character with special powers will do nothing to revolutionize the class system. Samurai are simply a melee swordsman type character and not anything super special. Mechanically speaking they'd offer nothing that the game doesn't already have.

The only difference between a Samurai and and any other fighter in 3.5 was a few feats and abilities. The difference is all in flavor and nothing in mechanics.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The ''sprite''.

The suggestion it's about No MMorpg in this world, have Samurai class.

It is something exclusive. The difference it is in the gameplay.

MMORPG it is about playing with your imagination.

Something the new players does not know.

''How in the world would it do that? Adding another melee character with special powers will do nothing to revolutionize the class system.''

I can see you don't understand with im sayin, you are not probably the old school player... I just sorry for your lack of experience to understando that.

MMORPG came from the old RPG'S, such as Final Fantasy series, Breath of Fire and etc.

The popularity of classes such as Samurai and Ninja. I just sorry for MMORPG's don't take that.
    You can see by that, how profity and concern in copy and utilize used ideas is the main notion in MMORPG's fabric, these days.

I only suggest a class. People don't need to argue about the need of it.
    You are not from the Perfect World team.
    You just have to like or not, expose your opinions about it. But you dont need to be rude neither arrogant. ;)
  • Options
    herbwartherbwart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey there.

I'm playing Neverwinter for almost a week. Very nice and fun mmorpg.

But i have two suggestions in my opinion could be very interesting to the game.

And they are;

1 - The mechanical of disarm traps from Rogues.
    Every time you try to disarm a trap, the system automatically roll a dice, making you suceed or not.
    Having only two or three tries, depending the quest or dungeon difficulty.

I believe this would bring a fresh breeze for this awsome new mmorpg.
    This is a concept aproved by D&D, that makes his success.

Since the game carries the name Dungeons and Dragons, i dont think that is something the developers team could discard or be afraid to develope.

2 - A new class, based on oriental Samurais.

This would not only revolutionize all the mmorpg's Class System but allows the entire MMORPG Community to realize that different culture features can be brought and sucefully applied on some kind of medieavel background, where both belongs.

Also, this should brought much more players, not only those actives and experienced players who are always seeking new MMORPG's, but those from asiatic brood, japanese ancestry players to be more specific.

Since it's commum sense, that asiatic people are in most in the MMORPG Community.

Not only japanese players, would feel pleased and honour but i'm sure the asiatic people also, would feel attractive to the new feature.

Nbr One is a nice idea ... put them on the end of the row, -> to be reviewed, when they have fixed all the other problems.
    Nbr two: I cannot agree, bc Samurais has nothing to do with the backround of Forgotten Realms and Neverwinter. That would be a totally different game then, and desaster
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »

This guy said everything that should be said about.

Should be a bigger consequence from people who fell in traps.
    The damage from traps it's too small considering the amount of Life Points from players.

A player with 5k of life, fell into a trap and lose 500 of life in maximum.
    Should lost at least 50% of Life Points.

You have to understand that;
    You are in a dungeon, exploring. There is a dangerous trap there.
    You fell into, you could die!

The player have 5k of life, lose only 300 or 400 lifepoints.
    Why in the bloody hell i would lost my time disable, if i can restaure my entire life with a simple potion from many that i have?

It should almost kill you or gives you a dangerous penalty, that would make the thing serious.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The suggestion it's about No MMorpg in this world, have Samurai class.

No MMORPG has a Santa Claus class either. That doesn't mean we need one, or that one will somehow make a game better. The Samurai class which while adding some cool fluff to the game would add nothing in terms of class mechanics to this game, or any other RPG out there.

Samurai are simply melee fighters and nothing more. You could quite easily give the GWF a Katana and Samurai style armor and you'd have everything you need to pretend to play a Samurai
    The difference it is in the gameplay.

MMORPG it is about playing with your imagination.

Do not see how these two statements are mutually exclusive? As far as Game play a Samurai would add little to the gameplay other then fluff and perhaps some new powers. But that would hardly be the ground breaking revolution you said it would be in your OP.
    you are not probably the old school player...

I've been playing RPG's since 1983 starting with Travelers 1st edition and AD&D, I'm more old school the most people playing MMO's today.
    MMORPG came from the old RPG'S, such as Final Fantasy series, Breath of Fire and etc.

Clearly you have no clue what you're talking about. MMORPG's came from an attempt to make a graphical MUD, which in turn was an attempt to put RPG's like D&D on a computer.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thank you. Unfortunately, this is starting to seems too much an idealistic idea...

As you said, there are too many thing to be fix in this game. As i read for myself in this forum.

But, the idea is given and i hope the Perfect World developer's Team, had the time to read it! xD
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    That was just a suggestion. You don't need to be a Prick, my friend.

As i already said. I understand this game have a lot to fix and improve.
    I only give a suggestion that in my vision would be nice.

I don't need to explain neither convince you that it is a good idea.

If you don't like, thats your problem. But as you can see, there is some people who enjoy the suggestion.
    So please, understand that. I will not convince you or reply whatever you type here.

This was a suggestion for the Develop Team. Not for you.

If you like, good. If you don't, too bad. But you are not the only player here. ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    vanor wrote: »
    I've been playing RPG's since 1983 starting with Travelers 1st edition and AD&D, I'm more old school the most people playing MMO's today.
    Good for you! Me too.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    This was a suggestion for the Develop Team. Not for you

Then you should IM the Development team, and not post it here, where it's free for anyone to comment on as they so wish. You don't get to make suggestions and then tell people they can't comment on them.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Samurai class in this MMO, the Samurai and Ninja have been part of D&D since the mid 80's. So they would fit in quite well.

But my issue, and the whole point of your post was that your suggestion would not be nearly as ground breaking as you said it would be. While the class may be fun to play, it would not be any sort of huge change in the basic class structure of this or any other MMO out there.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OP: You say that Samurais would add a lot to the game. Can you give us an example of how the class would function, separately from the GF and GWF that we already have? What would this class' unique mechanic and run/dodge ability be? What would it bring to the game that is lacking in its current makeup?

As for traps - give us a reason to want to disarm them. Make doing so rewarding. Make not doing so a very dangerous proposition.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Not bad ideas but not fundamental either.

1. Implement d20 system.

2. Less action more thinking.

With these traps/classes and much much more is now possible. It all starts there.