test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WTH lag since last patch.

tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
myhuvht.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/myhuvht.jpg

That's pretty much been how my screen has looked every time I've logged in since the last patch. Understandably, I can't play with the game like that, although I can rubberband halfway across the frigging enclave...
Doesn't seem isolated either, some guildies are reporting similarly massive lag, I hope it's not an EU thing and if it is, then I would like it if you use a cloud of servers with some residing in the EU.

My ping before the patch was around 90ms to 150ms.

Thanks Cryptic.
RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
Post edited by tang56 on

Comments

• Options
    gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Sadly... I am EU and every time some patch comes something else breaks. The last one brought me major lag issues. And I hear from many guildees that they have the same problem... why I do not know, but nobody really cares to fix it :(. I am not able to play dungeons cause I would just screw the party up.
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
  • Options
    silverrainnesilverrainne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm in USA (Wa state to be exact) and I've also found myself rubberbanding all over since patch. I have an amazing computer I play on, with business class internet. Before the patch, max graphics and never any lag (other than the event lol). After the patch, minimized graphics, and still freeze up randomly sometimes- or just swim in molasses.
  • Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I haven't had any issues other than an odd lag spike once or twice a day for a few seconds. Also in WA state.

Running on core i7, NVidia 670m (3GB), 32GB of system memory, SSD primary storage device. Comcast cable broadband.

Video-wise, what cards are you using? Perhaps there are particular cards or drivers with these issues. Also, are your drivers up to date? As far as network latency issues, maybe you're just playing at a more prime time than I am. I work during the day so I just play during the evening and night. Though, I figure 6pm to 10pm is pretty prime and I rarely see serious lag spike during this time.
  • Options
    zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am from Ohio and play from both there and Toronto On when on business. I have had horrible lag and rubberbanding since the patch. I can immediately log onto another MMO and have no issues. Considering that and multiple locations it seems to point at something on crytpics end. I am running a pretty state of the art Alienware with AMD 78970M graphics.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    I haven't had any issues other than an odd lag spike once or twice a day for a few seconds. Also in WA state.

Running on core i7, NVidia 670m (3GB), 32GB of system memory, SSD primary storage device. Comcast cable broadband.

Video-wise, what cards are you using? Perhaps there are particular cards or drivers with these issues. Also, are your drivers up to date? As far as network latency issues, maybe you're just playing at a more prime time than I am. I work during the day so I just play during the evening and night. Though, I figure 6pm to 10pm is pretty prime and I rarely see serious lag spike during this time.

I play on a high spec desktop. i5 2500K@5GHz, 16GB of 1866 RAM, all SSD storage, 100MB broadband and a 4GB GTX670 SC with the latest Nvidia drivers. It's not my PC, nor is it the time, I've tried at all times of day and it's just as bad. Of course, I don't have an alternate gaming system to test on since swapping out my card for any of my older spares is too much fuss(it's in a WC loop).
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    odelle12odelle12 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It would be great if something was done about this lag. There has been no official word on this at all. And if they actually looked in the technical forums there has been complaints over several of their games about issues with lag.
    I wont be spending any more money on this game until its fixed.