test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Penalty for declining to join a dungeon

l5uquis585l5uquis585 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hello friends, im kinda saddddd, and guess there more like me, because when DD times comes lots of player gets no team or just queue to join dungeons like me, and there are others players that use that time to queue and decline joining so the others ones who queued to join gets half team or get inside alone.
That way i've lost some hours of life!!! :p

Could you put some sort of timer to requeue angain when you decline joining so they dont screw up others players.
this has been happenning since long ago, and its no fun after all... :(
I know u can decline by misktake or whatever, but you cant decline just to have fun by <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> other players, NOT THAT WAYYY!!!! :P

Hope you manage to solve this problem :P

See ya guys! Cheers from Argentina.
Post edited by l5uquis585 on

Comments

• zjesminzzjesminz Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    What is the fun or purpose to decline the queue?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yes, this happened to me alot. there are always 2 people decline to join DD.

the purpose? maybe to make price of T2 items keep high.
  • l5uquis585l5uquis585 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    idk whats the purpose, dont care even, my purpose its to have fun and try to beat the dungeon and get gear obviously, u cant even get a full team when its not DD time.
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well here we are.

Where are the legions of people who wanted to string people up for leaving a dungeon or PVP match?

Here is the next step. When you que up, you should get a penalty for leaving the que. Seems legit, right? After all, you did essentially promise to join. And if you have something legitimate to do otherwise you won’t really notice a 30 minute or hour ban from the que, right? The logic works just fine here.

All the people who didn’t care if PVP was balanced or fun, didn’t care of leader could kick from dungeons to get the loot for themselves; they just wanted to punish someone because they didn’t want to play anymore. Does it still seem like a good idea in this little thought experiment? Punishment for leaving the que or declining to join.

What about a mandatory que? You must que up upon entering the game or you get punished. Or even better, no choice. You get auto qued upon entering the game. You can decline but then you get punished.

The truth is that it is a ridiculous notion that only gets more absurd to further you explore it.

Instead of trying to mete out punishments for people doing things (built into the game) that you don’t like, spend just a few neurons on trying to make the activity one they wont want to leave. Try to steer away from the lowest common denominator path and apply some creativity into making the activity interesting or, at the very least, keep it from being actively toxic, and you wont have issues with leaving and declining.

Push your devs with good ideas about how to improve the problem areas and ask for their feedback. It won’t always work but sooner or later the game will either adapt to you or you will find a better one.

Either way, you win.
    edited July 2013
    No one asking for punishment, just to stop them for a while, at least, and be able to join using que method...
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sometimes I'll join a dungeon or skirmish queue.. And after waiting 45 minutes and still nothing I might do something like a Foundry or a regular quest mission in the meantime. If a spot finally open up early on in whatever I am doing then I'll accept otherwise I might just hit Decline if I'm almost done and don't want to lose all my progress. Why should someone be penalized for making one of two legitimate choices?

. Or am I totally missing the point of this thread? My understanding was that if you decline it would find someone else from the queue and teams wouldn't end up with missing players in the dungeon. If what you are saying are that people are queuing/declining in rapid succession then sure put some sort of limit on how many times you can Decline in 5-10 minutes or whatever.
    edited July 2013
    yup, thats what i mean, thats why i said u can decline intentionally like in ur example, but if u decline and u are finishing something u wont re que and decline again, right?
    thats what ppl do que and decline que and decline que and decline que and decline que and decline...

Guess taht if someone declines game should just leave that empty spot for another player efficiently, i know it does so, but just sometimes works...
    edited July 2013
    Fair enough, I can see that. If you decline have a 5 minute cooldown before you can requeue. If it's a huge issue that is. This is the first I've heard of people doing that. It astounds me the lengths some people go to be jerks to others in games.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Fair enough, I can see that. If you decline have a 5 minute cooldown before you can requeue. If it's a huge issue that is. This is the first I've heard of people doing that. It astounds me the lengths some people go to be jerks to others in games.

I think you and some of the dreadfully self-righteous posters above are missing the point- a lot of the declines aren't active or malicious. They are from people who have been queued for an hour, and whose attention has wandered meantime, and so they time out by the time the queue finally pops.

Edit:

Forgot to mention.. happened to me recently- I wasn't refusing to annoy anyone, I was answering the door in fact. After such a long queue, I was a little peeved :)
    edited July 2013
    I didn't miss any point. Did you even read my previous post? Talk about self-righteous posters lol.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I didn't miss any point. Did you even read my previous post? Talk about self-righteous posters lol.

You appear to be rather cross, and confused.
    It astounds me the lengths some people go to be jerks to others in games.
    edited July 2013
    The two aren't related. You referred to posters as self-righteous yet you came off as the King of it. If calling you out on that makes me a jerk well hey... I can live with that.
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Let's punish people for joining the dungeon queue system for no reason , sounds like a good idea to me .

/discuss
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • farcursefarcurse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited July 2013
    they just need to add the abil to inv inside a dungeon...... i am like o.O wth we had to 4 man some bosses and give up on others becouse some one Dced and didnt come back / left / didnt do anything / did more harm then good
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No thanks. I've declined queues before because by the time it pops, I'm halfway through a foundry, etc.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No one declines queues. Least not 99.9% of players.

The vast majority are people that went afk for a moment.

Best fix would be to remove the prompt and just put players in. Then fix the random leader/auto kick nonsense by implementing a vote kick so if any are afk for truly unfair extended periods of times can be removed and replaced by the queue system (or preferably manually).

Though thats not even super important, as at the very least the 15min - auto log out would prevent extended periods of lost time due to afk'ers getting in.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • erikaalerikaal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've seen many times where it will pop the que, someone will decline then port the ones that accepted in with a short group. Once this happens you're stuck as I've not seen the que system work at all ever once you're inside.
  • martinxyz999martinxyz999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The thing his sometimes I join a queue and after waiting a while (I mean a lot while) I'll check Professions or identify items and when I return to screen I'll have miss the call.
  • bushitsubushitsu Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Please fix it. In 9 of 10 pop ups is one or two red players. Remove choice to decline party. And players if u do foundry dont que for dungeon dont be selfish until is it fixed. Also remove X combat logs in dungeons its another tool for childern how to ruin game.
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    you are not suppose to solo que... its not a LFG system its a wait in line system. build a 5 man group and que together problem solved.
  • griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    bu****su wrote: »
    Please fix it. In 9 of 10 pop ups is one or two red players. Remove choice to decline party. And players if u do foundry dont que for dungeon dont be selfish until is it fixed. Also remove X combat logs in dungeons its another tool for childern how to ruin game.

Sure

Ill just sit in town staring at my toon for a half hr (at best).

This is a system problem; not a player problem. The game should save progress in individual instances as there really isnt much else to do while waiting for the queue.

Also the queu pop should be visible regardless of what you are doing. I missed several queue pops looking at ah and the like.
  • radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The main reason why I don't queue anymore is that the wait is so long by the time I do get an invite I am completely doing something else and want to finish or like someone else mentioned here, checking the Professions or the Auction House and missed the "call to duty" pop-up.

I have had more success just waiting at a Dungeon entrance and creating a PUG right then and there. Of course this is not a Skirmish or Daily dungeon but nonetheless, I really do not have time to sit and wait "till the cows come home" before I get a page to join a group anymore.