test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5/09 Constant Disconnects...

zuldannzuldann Member Posts: 6
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Not having very good luck staying connected to the game servers. I got home today around 1:30pm MST, logged on, and downloaded the patch. Everything was fine. I logged in, prayed on the characters I could, ran some crafting errands, then logged out to go to the store. Around 3pm, my g/f and I felt like leveling up our mains, so we logged in. Everything was fine, until around 4:45pm. Right around then, we started getting bad rubberbanding. Then, that wonderful little "Server not responding" message. Sometimes it would go away after 5 seconds, other times we'd disconnect.

Now, every single time we log in, we get disconnected within moments. Sometimes we can't even finish loading the game in, because it'll disconnect while loading. We do get the occasional disconnect from time to time, but we've never had it this bad. We've tried logging in every few minutes, to see if it gets better. It's 5:30pm, and we still can't log in.

Any ideas on how to correct this??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zuldannzuldann Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    We've checked our internet, and everything we go to loads at our normal speeds. Only thing we're having issues with is the game servers, and oddly enough, this website. But then again, this forum always seems to load slow for me. :\
  • ibramgaunt1ibramgaunt1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    these^^ and also it is not the internet the pc next to mine on sasme wireless connection plays non`stop
    is there a problem with windows 8?
  • gangrel069gangrel069 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i'm having the same problem. i think there is something wrong with windows 8. my connection seems to be just fine and i have this problem randomly during game play and not any other time doing anything else on my laptop. have you found a solution to this problem?
  • radakillradakill Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My issue varies abit from above, constant crashing only in dungeons and skirmishes. Almost always results in a GameClient.exe error. Logging back in is extremely slow at the character selection screen, after a delay characters eventually appear naked, then after about a minute finally start showing gear. Attempting to login prior to characters showing all gear usually results in another immidiate crash.

Group play (dungeons, skirms) is also rather laggy and choppy, where solo play appears to be fine in most cases.

This is been constant since the 7/18 patch. Discussing this on the zone chat many others say they have the same issues.

Was the verizon problem completely solved or is this a side effect?

Have tried all of the "fixes" I can find in forums/TS
  • geargogglesgeargoggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have the exact issue. And it has seemed to have gotten worse over time. This isn't an issue on your end, its a combination of the client and the server/hardware on Cryptic's end. The client itself just isn't very well put together plain and simple.