test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Icespire's frozen heart Troll spawning bug

diyasi9000diyasi9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I just did the Icespire's Frozen Heart dungeon on epic, and we cleared the first boss with quite some difficulty, each time he was healed by the crystal, all of his adds would disappear. This was about 20 trolls or so each time. After we killed him, Trolls just kept spawning and spawning. By the time we had figured it out, we had put out over 30 million damage killing trolls. About 40 mins was spent in that room, boss already dead, trolls still spawning. Only until we ran to the next room and dismissed all our companions did the spawning stop.

I can't imagine it was designed this way, but has anyone else encountered the endless troll spawns?
Post edited by diyasi9000 on

Comments

• jdentjdent Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    diyasi9000 wrote: »
    I just did the Icespire's Frozen Heart dungeon on epic, and we cleared the first boss with quite some difficulty, each time he was healed by the crystal, all of his adds would disappear. This was about 20 trolls or so each time. After we killed him, Trolls just kept spawning and spawning. By the time we had figured it out, we had put out over 30 million damage killing trolls. About 40 mins was spent in that room, boss already dead, trolls still spawning. Only until we ran to the next room and dismissed all our companions did the spawning stop.

I can't imagine it was designed this way, but has anyone else encountered the endless troll spawns?

Yea we had the same problem tonight. Didn't know you could get rid of them by dumping companions. Carried them all the way to the end but couldn't beat the last boss with the fiftylevenbillion trolls.
  • robfuscatoryrobfuscatory Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jdent wrote: »
    Yea we had the same problem tonight. Didn't know you could get rid of them by dumping companions. Carried them all the way to the end but couldn't beat the last boss with the fiftylevenbillion trolls.

That would have been excellent information for our group last night... I can confirm this still happens.

Once before I also got queued into this fight when the group had clearly reached this point and started disbanding, so I don't think it is too rare
  • bonar1bonar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We dismissed all pets,even stones, and its still happening. I can get noone to respond or address this issue.
  • planetarnlplanetarnl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can confirm that this still happened.
    Multiple times in fact, especially during the boss fights.

The only way we were able to advance was to let ourselves get killed after killing the boss, so the room would "reset".
  • planetarnlplanetarnl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    New update:

It also happens in the Temple of the Spider during the first boss battle with Lord Javern (sp).
    Arachomancers will spawn infinitely.
  • bonar1bonar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I ran this again ealier today and it was fine, then on my second run bugged again. Can someone please explain why this is happening and if it is being fixed.
  • chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yep, I experienced this too, but someone in our group know about it and we just went to next room instead of fighting the infinite spawns.

Pirate is also bugged (2nd boss). Don't bump any adds off the cliff otherwise they'll continue to spawn even after the boss is dead and you'll never be able to pass because you can't click on barrel to open up next part of dungeon. We ended up doing /killme which more or less fixed it, but even then they kept spawning until we got the person who stayed out of combat to run over to barrel while we killed the spawns.
  • kushlovinfreakkushlovinfreak Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yes the same thing happend to me too. at the frozern hall,spellplgue caverns,and today pirates..
    its **** frustrating. but as long as we get new companions and pets i guess its ok.
    sarcazm off.
    this in the FH is goin on for 2 weeks and i just cant believe that it still is not fixed. what do these guys do?
    its game breaking for me cause it limits the number of the epic dungeons i can do at bare minimum.
    and theres no sign it will be adressed any time soon.
    sad...really sad form developers part.
  • durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hmm... weird... I just finished FH and SP in the last 4 hours and It didnt happen. Maybe you guys dont know the trick or maybe my team was too OP. :D