test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Addon Support?

fefeenahfefeenah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm SURE this has been asked already, but are there any plans in place for addon support in this game? There are a few things I'd like to see as a healer and it would be great to have a little control over my ui.
Post edited by fefeenah on

Comments

• Options
    zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I wish they would do this ASAP. In many games the add on programming is far superior to what is offered by the game company. I would love to see AH addons, damage meters, cooldown managers etc.
  • Options
    jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the only 1 i know/used is for Runes of Magic (tons of addons like tolltips and quest matters)... i would be glad to have something like that here tho xD
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • Options
    bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Allowing Arron support can be great. It worked well for wow. That being said it scares me as to what could come of addons in this game given the number of exploits and do on that go unchecked for long periods of time.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • Options
    griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Allowing Arron support can be great. It worked well for wow. That being said it scares me as to what could come of addons in this game given the number of exploits and do on that go unchecked for long periods of time.

Feel the same way.

Id like addons, but with how slowly gms deal with issues i imagine they would be exploited to all hell.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Tyvm. P.S. WoW sucks.

lool.

For me it would be more for the aesthetics - I hate the way this game looks. I'd like to be able to always see the boss nameplates; that's another one. Nothing crazy, nothing that gives me an advantage. I don't think a healbot or anything of the like would be useful in this game. A more detailed meter would be good so that I can at least see what heals I've got that are doing their job, as well as procs and such that I just don't get to see.

I'd hate for this game to become WoW too, that game became all about the meters.
  • Options
    urizendorurizendor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited July 2013

For that I'd say no to addons, at least in the close future.
  • Options
    bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Well so far looks like most of us generally agree. That's a breath of fresh air. Maybe a compromise would be more UI customization ingame?
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well so far looks like most of us generally agree. That's a breath of fresh air. Maybe a compromise would be more UI customization ingame?

That would be good.
  • Options
    zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Addons are the way of the bob, who would like to compete with the good players. I'd dislike having such things as heal bot etc. This game is easy enough already, unless you are highly mentally challenged. As mentioned above, the average kid loves e z mode aka. exploits. I highly doubt that this game will ever have addon support of any kind (which is a good thing, for obvious reasons).Play the game by using your brain/fingers and hand-eye coordination. Tyvm. P.S. WoW sucks.

I would agree with the sentiment that for this game currently exploits could be an issue. As far as the rest of your comments they are ridiculous. First of all many of the addons simply enhance the game experience or allow for data collection. None of the addons most games support would make you a better player.We aren't talking bots.

The WoW hate thing gets old after awhile. I no longer play the game and got burnt out on it yes. With that said you would have to be an idiot to not recognize their status compared to and influence on all of the MMO"s we have today. Virtually every fantasy MMO released is targeting their business.
  • Options
    porthias2porthias2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Addons are the way of the bob, who would like to compete with the good players. I'd dislike having such things as heal bot etc. This game is easy enough already, unless you are highly mentally challenged. As mentioned above, the average kid loves e z mode aka. exploits. I highly doubt that this game will ever have addon support of any kind (which is a good thing, for obvious reasons).

Play the game by using your brain/fingers and hand-eye coordination.

Tyvm. P.S. WoW sucks.

Its not about ez-mod dude. Addons don't really make a game easier, its a utility feature. Its about making the ui work better because the devs didn't do it right the first time. For example as a DC I would love to have metters to actually see how much my repurpose soul is healing for. See which one of my heals is actually beneficial the most. Some kind of a better ui to track my buffs, and debuffs better. You can't deny the fact that buffs, and debuffs in this game are a rather pain to see.