test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

foundry quests loading times

hirosakisanhirosakisan Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
as title says, since this morning i have to wait about 8-10 minutes every time i enter a foundry quest (and instances inside the quest like house doors too)
the loading ust stays at 10% for the whole time and then 'wakes up'
the only thing i changed on graphics was the directx 9 ---> 11 but even putting it back to 9 doesen't change anything

didn't try 'normal' maps other protector's enclave yet but PE loads as usual in less than 3 seconds (i have an ssd)

edit: tried other normal maps, all load lightning fast, just foundry quests (all of them, including the ones i already did) load slowpoke style
rlly seems a proble with the foundry server, more than graphics/client related
Post edited by hirosakisan on

Comments

• velsparwvelsparw Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have the same problem. PVP, PVE, Enclave etc load normally. Only foundry maps result in disconnections or timeouts during loading.
  • vanlichtensteinvanlichtenstein Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'll add to that. There is something wrong with the foundry quests. Loading times are super slow. And I get disconnected to when trying to map transfer to the quest.
  • nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Also can't play any Foundry Quests.

I get stuck at loading screen and then get message:

1 Dynamic Patch Failure: Connection was idle for too long.
    or
    2. The GS server is shutting down.

I played quests in the morning.

P.S. I reinstalled the game. Didn't help.
  • hirosakisanhirosakisan Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nikitaoz wrote: »
    P.S. I reinstalled the game. Didn't help.

never re-install an online game, it's useless since the odds of having an error on client are very very very low
    in my mmo life i learned that 99% of the problems are patch or server related (when not related to settings)
  • khynneakhynnea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I had this problem after the last 'large' game patch.

I saw somewhere a suggestion to turn off the in-game on demand patching from the launcher and I did. It required a largish download the next time I ran the launcher, but it fixed this problem.