test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please Fix the Big PvP exploits!

iceblaydiceblayd Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As it stands we don't have much for on-demand PvP content which is something many other MMOs do have and would be very nice to have here, so, we have to protect what we do have. Since I cannot go into detail about the exploits I will just say that some of the ones that exist are huge programming errors that I have no Earthly idea how they even exist since they're pretty big and have been around since open Beta and have been reported! These include being able to use certain consumables that you shouldn't be able to as well as class mechanic exploits and client side hacks.

Anyone who has PvP'd on a fairly regular basis most likely has come across at least 1 if not multiple exploits and some are not as bad as others but the consumable and certain class exploits are quite bad and literally game breaking. On my server I'm finding more and more people who are quitting PvP or the game until some of these issues are addressed because some of them are just plain ridiculous to even exist for this long and should be a rather easy fix.

Please address these issues and not with and automated response or a copy & paste! I've filed multiple tickets on various topics and get the same automated message yet obviously they're unheard, I have a few friends who have had their accounts hacked and the botters are still running around on them daily while my friends remain on vacation and their accounts compromised, the beginning of a game is the most important time to deliver good service and take care of the customers.
Post edited by iceblayd on

Comments

• Options
    zjesminzzjesminz Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Or is it the intention?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think a lot of these of been known about / gone on for so long that either;

1) They're working on them (slowly)
    2) They don't know how to fix them
    3) They don't want to fix them

I used to give the devs the benefit of the doubt and think it was number 1. But here we are almost 3 months since early release and I haven't seen them fix anything in PvP that is considered worthwhile.

As it stands, Neverwinter is a city that is under a full riot assault by exploiters and bots. Much of the population are getting the hell out of Dodge, whilst much of population don't see it happening, so assume nothing is wrong.

The terms and regulations that prevent naming / shaming players, or highlighting exploits only componds the issue.

As I've said in an earlier post; it's the equivalent of you seeing someone mug your granny, you go to see a line-up but are unable to point to the guy who did it incase you picked the wrong guy. All the while, your poor old granny has lost money and a few teeth.

One more thing (whilst I'm ranting); how is it that the moderators on these forums do such a good job of moderating / locking down posts (honestly!), yet they state that moderating PvP in-game wouldn't work? Surely all you are doing here is the same thing - you see something happening that shouldn't and lock it down / deal with it.

Please, for one moment, consider what these forums would be like without any form of moderation - THATS what playing PvP in Neverwinter is like at the moment.