test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CW few basic questions

dambacrodambacro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Library
Hello,i have a few questions about CW im leveling one and close to 60,i have money to gear him up so i need few questions answered from some exp.CW i would be rly gratefull.

1.What is the 2 BiS mainhand and offhand for a CW ( first BiS is the one from CN but since i cant afford that whats the optional one)

2.Is High vizier better or Shadow T2 set? wich one and why?

3.What are the optional stats for CW,basicly what to max out first what last AP,Armor penetration,crit,recovery?

4. Last question is what build do you preffer more Thaumaturge or Renegade and why?wanna know wich one of those does more dmg on single targets but still does considrable dmg for aoe and controlling?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad spelling since english is not my native lang. would apreciate any kind on feedback so i could build my CW corectly.
Post edited by dambacro on

Comments

• Options
    threeravensthreeravens Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2013
    1. dunno
    2. current preferences seem to be going in favor of HV but it also depends on build - Shadow would probably work better with Rene
    3. if you want single target damage - Arpen > Recovery > Crit > Power (probably)
    4. uh, loaded question, currently thaumaturge is the more popular due to somewhat better debuffing ability and aoe along with versatility; for single target however, rene would most likely still win
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    1) PvP t2
    2) HV
    3) armpen > rest. I prefer tene enchants in free offense slots to enchance my single target DPS.
    4) Thau, cause do maximum possible stable DPS. Rene is bad cause it's randomness. My single target DPS 10-14k.
  • Options
    apehceapehce Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1.Gauntlgrym's Champion weapons I guess:
    weapontalisman.jpg

2.Debatable. Some ppl swear on HV, others on SW. Personally, I use HV as a Thaum mage and I'm more then satisfied with it. Also, imo if you are intending to use SW, only viable path is Renegade. Also, take a look at Gauntlgrym's Champion T2 set, it's the only set sporting ArmPen bonuses.

3.I'll give you numbers on this. You don't need >2700 recovery. Try to hit at least 30% crit chance. ArmPen increases your dmg output tremendously, capping at ~2400 for PvE bosses (since it can't reduce defence to the negatives). You don't need to waste enchant slots on power, since the bonus it gives to dmg is too minor compared to crit/armpen. Whatever power you got from your gear, it's enough.

4.Renegade is still the way to go if you are just interested in single-target dps imo, even with the nerfs. Thaum trumps renegade in terms of AoE tho, through the sheer awesomeness that CoI grants with the final feat, so you will be more loved by your party as a Thaum than a Rene in dungeons.
  • Options
    dambacrodambacro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ty very much for responses you made my life easier:)
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    apehce wrote: »
    4.Renegade is still the way to go if you are just interested in single-target dps imo, even with the nerfs. Thaum trumps renegade in terms of AoE tho, through the sheer awesomeness that CoI grants with the final feat, so you will be more loved by your party as a Thaum than a Rene in dungeons.

I disagree.

On single target, Thaum is a monster since full Cold synergy is very much possible and really kicks in.

Basically, the difference in specs is due to Shield pulse synergy, which is not available on most boss encounters, whereas Thaum retains and even gains more synergies.

For someone new, I'd highly recommend Thaum since it scales better with gameplay and different contexts and you bring more to a group as a solo CW. Learn to master that before trying other trees. Renegade is more for fun and seeing big numbers in aoe.

I imagine Renegade is better for PvP too due to burst single target and RoE, but I rarely PvP and have not tested it. Besides, gameplay and enchants make the most difference in PvP, almost regardless of spec.
  • Options
    griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    1. No clue

2. Tham- hv. Renegade- shadow weaver

3. Depends on spec, really. Rene values crit much more than tham for example. Power is always your bottom barrel stat as it adds little dmg. Im renegade so i am going recovery till 3k>crit>arm pen till ~22%>defense. Not sure what tham spec goes for but i would guess that arm pen out weighs crit.

4. Tham seems to be the go to pve build. I mostly pvp so i went renegade for the single target face melting. So if want max pve greatness go tham. Go renegade for max single target dmg.
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    griz024 wrote: »
    Go renegade for max single target dmg.
    Lol'd. Renegade is too random to do DPS. The only thing in rene, that thau can't take, is crit severity. Other stuff is not valuable in pvp and last feat is random.