test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Want info about the new class?

realborealbo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Regarding the new class, this is what I was told: Owlbears.
I don't know what exactly it might be, but I'm thinking Druids. Supposedly something is going to be announced on the 16th regarding new content and that it will be "coming sooner than we are expecting."

Don't ask me how I know. Take it as you would want. :)
Admiralsig.png
Post edited by realbo on

Comments

• valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Owlbear is a D&D creature.....it's not a class unless a druid can change into one which has possibilities if they can change into other forms :eek:
  • realborealbo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I never played the original D&D so I don't know what to make of Owlbears. But that's all I know.
    Admiralsig.png
  • huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    owlbear means ranger companion
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Owlbear is a creature isn't it? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owlbear

Also , They are seriously going to release a new class even though as far as I'm aware most if not all of the existing classes seem to have severe problems regarding their Powers / Feats not working properly? Yippee , lets add a whole bunch of new problems to the already screwed up mix/mess...
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Rangers and Druids do get special companions....hopefully they can have 2 companions at once, ....one class summon and one purchased :cool:
  • temjiutemjiu Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Owlbear is a creature isn't it? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owlbear

Also , They are seriously going to release a new class even though as far as I'm aware most if not all of the existing classes seem to have severe problems regarding their Powers / Feats not working properly? Yippee , lets add a whole bunch of new problems to the already screwed up mix/mess...

If every MMO out there stopped releasing new content to fix every bug in the game, they would all go under outside the first year. one of the few things you can be guaranteed to have in every MMO is bugs. which is why they have separate teams (usually) to develop new stuff, and fix old.

Edit: I agree with you BTW...lots of stuff to fix. But it's important to realize that they can't stop progress just to fix every bug out there. it's a balancing act. if they get it right, stuff gets fixed albeight slower then we'd like, but we also get new content. the do it bad...and people leave in droves. talk to Bio about SWtOR...they'll have more then a few sob stories for you on that subject.
  • xomnifariousxxomnifariousx Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hopefully it's a ranger, that's the only reason I haven't started playing Neverwinter yet. No ranger class. I'm all about Bows and stealth, but Neverwinter doesn't have bows...
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    In "Pandas R Us" druids were able to change into owlbears.
  • ninepalmstrikeninepalmstrike Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    In D&D I believe there is one theory that states owlbears were created by a wizard experiment gone awry.

So another Wizard of some type, yes? :P
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hopefully it's a ranger, that's the only reason I haven't started playing Neverwinter yet. No ranger class. I'm all about Bows and stealth, but Neverwinter doesn't have bows...

The only Stealth a ranger would see is if in the far far chance they release a build similar to the Justice of Weld and Woe from the Eldreth Veluuthra
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I heard it was Pandaren Monk
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • elflord1975elflord1975 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Classes that should be released soon..

Fey Pact Warlock
    Well sorta goes with the expansion right?

Focused Archer (Ranger)---Need a Rogue Killer

Foul Necromancer----um Why NOT?

Righteous Paladin
    another why not.
  • zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Would love to see a Psionic class added, Monks would be cool too.
    Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg