test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New 60, which gear should I be going for?

rebel230rebel230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Library
I am specced primarily Thaumaturge for dps. I am not sure what gear I should be going for now. I was also not sure if I should go for a full 4-5 pieces or would 2 sets of 2 be smart for the extra +400/450 stat by using 2 sets?
Post edited by rebel230 on

Comments

• kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    HV set.
    /10chars
  • rebel230rebel230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    also does armor penetration work for wizards as well?
  • uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Yes, it does.
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
  • masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited July 2013
    high vizier set is the **** all your defense belongs to me
  • rebel230rebel230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is it better to get a full set or multiple 2 piece sets for the extra +400/450?
  • runephoenix77runephoenix77 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As long as you have the gear score to get into the dungeon then go for the set bonus because they are good. I used 4 piece Archmage since the bonus is awesome with 4 control powers slotted and I still put it on for Spellplague boss. Next I suggest High Viz, it's cheaper then Shadow Weaver and I prefer the bonus. It's a little harder to balance your offensive stats but I find it worth it.
    edited July 2013
    Yeah right now I have 2 pieces of shadow and 2 pieces of the gladiator since it was cheap. As a more DPS than control spec Thaumaturge, which enchants are best for me? I don't fully understand all the stats and how which work better for my spec.

Thank you. I am leaning towards going full High Viz as it seems to be what ppl say is best for Thaumaturge spec, as well as I like the 4 piece bonus, but again I could be way off and maybe shadow with the +crit is better?
  • kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    First of all, there is no difference in cotrolling possibilities between any of specs and feats.
    Than, take a cap of arp. 22 for trash, 24% for boss. Other enchants on your taste: I prefer tene.
    edited July 2013
    what is the cap for arp I should go for, 2000?
  • exarkun007exarkun007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 113 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    2250 ish, most of your time will be on trash/adds so boss DPS is a far distant concern.
    edited July 2013
    2530 = 24%
    And I disagree, that most of time wizard will be on trash. The only instance, where I mostly on trash is epic spellplague, when I go solo CW. Frozen Heart - 95% on boss (killing archers sometimes), Karrundax - 100% on boss (zerging boss, ignoring adds), Spider - 90% on boss (killing spiders priority, IT+ tabbed CoI on boss to control melee adds), CN - 100% on boss after tossing trash out of map.
  • tharsoniusvbtharsoniusvb Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2013
    To expand on the question:
    My Mage will soon be lev 60 and I'm also wondering what gear to get. The thing is, I don't like to buy gear, I like to take it of corpses, otherwise it doesn't feel right, so I will be going for a T1-set first. Kind of naturaly progress to T2.
    Is the PvP-set good until I can get my hands on the T2 stuff or can someone reccomend something else? I had my eye on the Focalmage-set (hope thats the name) but I'm not sure. Help would be welcome.
    edited July 2013
    PvP t1 is fine. Focal fine too.