test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CW Set for PVP

inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Library
Im using 4/4 shadow set. but i think shadow 4x set bonus looking bad.
4/4 high vizier set bonus "Your control powers steal 450 Defence from your target, increasing your Defence by that amount." looking better.

or 2x shadow 2x magelord (+450 power & crit)

i dont know. which one is better for PVP
pukmp.jpg
Post edited by inexgrav on

Comments

• jackshiznitjackshiznit Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Since you goal is to annoy and let others destroy, I have found that my armor and class features are nearly irrelevant.
  • dimentium9dimentium9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I run 2x shadow and 2x magelord in PVP and it's real nice.
  • inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    @diment how much armor pen ?
    pukmp.jpg
  • macinaossamacinaossa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited July 2013
    Since you goal is to annoy and let others destroy, I have found that my armor and class features are nearly irrelevant.

Are you kidding? CW can be a very good character for PVP and do a lots of kills in every match
    Are you in the same boat of the ppl that are saying that CW must only control and not dps?
  • runephoenix77runephoenix77 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    High Viz set bonus is great for PvP. Makes it a lot easier to kill someone before they break out of your CC if you have the right spell set-up since you while you control them you also lower defence and mitigation(with spec or spell) while dealing a lot of damage.
  • dimentium9dimentium9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1800. Need to update the enchants in my rings too.
    edited July 2013
    i think same, high viz set better for pvp but high viz set have to low crit bonus..
    pukmp.jpg
  • dgfdsdgsgh3dgfdsdgsgh3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Indeed they are, especially when rogues come and instakill you. Same aswell sit in spawn, naked.
  • dgfdsdgsgh3dgfdsdgsgh3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    macinaossa wrote: »
    Are you kidding? CW can be a very good character for PVP and do a lots of kills in every match
    Are you in the same boat of the ppl that are saying that CW must only control and not dps?

CWs must only die.
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Timeless vizir for resto wizards , for prot wizards stalwart shadow weaver's of doom hue hue lel.
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • khalibuskhalibus Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    Rogues are pretty easy kills really. Occasionally one will insta-gib me while I'm overly focused on blowing someone else up, but I kill rogues way more often than rogues kill me. And my gear sucks.
  • thorizdenthorizden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    khalibus wrote: »
    Rogues are pretty easy kills really. Occasionally one will insta-gib me while I'm overly focused on blowing someone else up, but I kill rogues way more often than rogues kill me.

Yep, rogues aren't much of a problem. A GF on the other hand gives me fits with their ability to chain knock prone.
    edited July 2013
    Ya GF I usually run from until he gets tired of chasing me and turns on someone else. Then I join in. :-)

There is the occasional GF that I can go head to head with but I attribute that to bad spec or gear...or both.
  • griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    From what i gather it has to do with spec.

If tham, use high vizier. Since they dont really care about crit

If renegade, use shadow weaver. Since crit is important to the build.

I am renegade specced so i am going for shadow weaver for that juicey crit rating and crit severity.

But as a fresh lvl 60 cw i am using the pvp set right now. It honestly works ok and should hold me over till i get shadow weaver.

Speaking of which: cw lf frozen heart, caverns of k, spellplague, or spider temple group!!
    edited July 2013
    nevermind, cw really trash in pvp. im release my cw. im open new chrac (TR) easy to way for pvp.
    pukmp.jpg
  • narohagnarohag Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What's wrong with the GG set? Gives power, crit, recovery, HP, and def.... and I like the set bonus.
    edited July 2013
    I think the GG set looks pretty good on paper, but I haven't tried it yet.
  • kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    narohag wrote: »
    What's wrong with the GG set? Gives power, crit, recovery, HP, and def.... and I like the set bonus.

Cause HV set is much better. And GG set doesn't give crit, it gives armpen.
    BTW, GG setbonus isn't good. It reduces cooldown by formula <cooldown>/(1+0.3).
  • pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cause HV set is much better. And GG set doesn't give crit, it gives armpen.
    BTW, GG setbonus isn't good. It reduces cooldown by formula <cooldown>/(1+0.3).

Which translates into 30% more casts over time. It's not a bad bonus; it's just not quite as good as you might be inclined to think on first blush. A 30% recharge bonus isn't a 30% cooldown reduction, because from a balance standpoint, stacking cooldown reductions would be insane; you'd get an accelerating return on all recharge bonuses, until 100%, at which point encounters would effectively become At-Wills.

So the wording is the culprit here, not the mechanic.

That said, a 30% recharge bonus just on your Mastery spell doesn't compare with the defense debuff from High Vizier, not even close. All damage powers (cast by you, or by anyone on your team) benefit from the defense debuff. It's possible, even likely, that the Gauntlgrym set has better stats (for PvP) than High Vizier. The +HP is nice, for example -- much better than the +Deflection on High Vizier -- but we're only talking about four pieces of gear here. You have eight more.