test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Life Steal viable for defence slot?

zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in The Library
Quick simple question, seeing as we do a lot of AoE damage, how effective is life steal when stacked in the defence slots over stacking hp?
Post edited by zanthe25 on

Comments

• Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am stacking almost 12% lifesteal and I personally like it. It makes me take chances I normally wouldnt. I could stand and take a hit knowing that my next Steal Time or Shield Pulse will give me will top me right back up. It also gives a whole new meaning to Ice Storm lol
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    freehugs9freehugs9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Yeah it helps keep you topped up and takes some pressure of the Cleric, but it's not going to save your life in a bad situation because you'll either be stunned or teleporting like mad. Defense and Bonus Health will save you from big damage bursts, Regen is best if you're kiting things for a while, and Life Steal lets you take some hits and keep nuking away.
    If you're really well geared you're going to get a more benefit scattering points into a few defensive stats than piling on the DPS stats.
  • Options
    runephoenix77runephoenix77 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    After the patch where they fixed Cleric aggro I found I was taking a lot more damage and as a result dieing more. Now that I have around 12.5% Lifesteal the burst healing is insane and I can often keep myself up without the cleric if I need. Being able to fill myself to full with 1 Crit Shield Pulse is just amazing and I will never go back to no lifesteal, I just love it.
  • Options
    pranaxpranax Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bump, more on this topic...

How come no one ever posts (not one of the main guides on the "Master List of Class Builds") a screenshot of their wizard's gear. I mean, I have a general clue of what I am doing and building here, but it would be nice to see a 12.5K wizard screen shot in all of their gear to know what to go for.

I'm starting to get my endgame pieces and am really confused on what enchantments I need to be using. Where is the right balance between defense and offensive stats
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Defense stats are only on pants, waist and armor. Place here flat HP runes.
    Offence - 2530 ArP, than depends of your set: crit or recovery till 3k. Or tene ench, how do I, cause I don't want to change enchants on jewerly when changing set.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    pranax wrote: »
    I'm starting to get my endgame pieces and am really confused on what enchantments I need to be using. Where is the right balance between defense and offensive stats

The thing is, the answer as to how to gem depends on what you're wearing. You need to bear in mind the soft caps on some stats, and then try to cap your stats in order of priority, or something very close to that (though 3000 is the recovery soft cap, and 3500 seems more useful for chain singularities, sadly). If you read around some threads here, you'll find them- which is another way of saying that I can't remember them at all :)
  • Options
    aalricaalric Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How much lifesteal do I need to have to get 12.5 %?

Also, is it worth using Lifedrinker enchant to maximise lifesteal?
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aalric wrote: »
    How much lifesteal do I need to have to get 12.5 %?

Also, is it worth using Lifedrinker enchant to maximise lifesteal?

Probably around 2200 lifesteal.

I dont think Lifedrinker would be worth it. It would be better to go for Lightning and get the Lifesteal off of all these lightning procs.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    problem with lifesteal, atleast for my playstyle is. if im hurt im not going to be doing any big nuking. im most likely going to be kiting and using a pot, or a shield burst, if im in immediate danger. I suppose it can be useful against certain bosses, if you get hit by a red thing and then have time to recuperate without being in too much danger. personally, if you have defense slots free. i would just stack a ton of defense.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".