test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enchanted Key Idea

gbpackers12gbpackers12 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm sure this idea might have already been tossed around, but if not this is something the developers should think about.

Instead of only being able to buy enchanted keys to open lock boxes, the mini-contests in all the zones should reward the first place winner 1 enchanted key to go with the experience and the enchantments you get. This would encourage more people to participate in the contest and IMO, it would make them a whole lot more fun. It would be pretty nice to open one of the 48 lock boxes rotting away in my bank without having to spend money.

Just an idea.
Post edited by gbpackers12 on

Comments

• Options
    mmuircastlemmuircastle Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Or perhaps make it a rare result when praying (but only when a prayer also awards the Celestial Coin). Or perhaps a key in the Coffer of Wondrous Augmentation?
  • Options
    dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The problem is that those events are not limited by level. So a level 60 can enter the capture the spy contest or the devil one and just blow away those that are of the appropriate level for the contest.

So all you would see is level 60's camping each contest for keys.
  • Options
    elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dirtyhook wrote: »
    The problem is that those events are not limited by level. So a level 60 can enter the capture the spy contest or the devil one and just blow away those that are of the appropriate level for the contest.

So all you would see is level 60's camping each contest for keys.

Have to agree with this. "Capture the spy" is easily winnable by someone of level 25 ish and up since the mobs don't aggro. Even on my slow alt characters I can usually win this one easily with a score of 25-30.

The 'Capture the wisp' one up in Pirates I usually win on my main (level 60) with a score of over 50 wisps captured (no mob aggro plus 110% steed plus knowledge of an optimal route).

Rare result in the 7 celestial coin thing, that would be available to anyone without the negative effect of higher level folks making the hourly 'capture' events completely unwinnable for folks at/around the appropriate level.
  • Options
    vanorvanor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Instead of only being able to buy enchanted keys to open lock boxes, the mini-contests in all the zones should reward the first place winner 1 enchanted key to go with the experience and the enchantments you get.

Why should Cryptic/PWE give away something that people already buy? Do you think they'll see an increase in sales of keys, because they start giving them away?
    without having to spend money.

How does it help Crytic and NWO if they make it so people can spend even less money then they do now?
  • Options
    galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello All,

The only thing I will say to ideas that make NWO flow in these directions,

" If I wanted to play AION I would play it, "

It's nice to use other game(s) ideas and improve on them but the more you try to emulate the more it becomes a Knock-Off.

We definitely need more Game Authors for the community content.

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
  • Options
    mmuircastlemmuircastle Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vanor wrote: »
    How does it help Crytic and NWO if they make it so people can spend even less money then they do now?

In-game advertising?
  • Options
    vanorvanor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    In-game advertising?

For what? Keys for lockboxes that everyone finds fairly often already? Hardly need to give away free keys to make people aware of the lockboxes.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Could give away a key in an event like this Lliira Celebration....instead of a mask.....get a key. :cool:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    vanor wrote: »
    For what? Keys for lockboxes that everyone finds fairly often already? Hardly need to give away free keys to make people aware of the lockboxes.

I meant more along the lines of putting into the game in-character hawkers for other websites, etc. "Hear ye, hear ye! This message brought to you by Sir Pepsi of Cola!"

EDIT: "This KEY brought to you by Sir Pepsi of Cola!"
  • Options
    nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Contests are out of question. Sixties will be camping everywhere.
    These keys are the old lottery system meant for you to spend currency.
    And keys are easy to buy with 40-45k AD price tag on each.
    Or just 10 bucks for 10 keys if you use the promos.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    30 day loyalty program. 30 days log in daily gets you 1 key per account.
  • Options
    elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nikitaoz wrote: »
    Contests are out of question. Sixties will be camping everywhere.

Said this earlier. Not just 60's, but anyone high enough level in the contest zone to not get aggro. Once you figure out the optimal route then winning these by a HUGE margin is easy.

nwnwisps.jpg