test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

castle never

cshellspunkycshellspunky Member Posts: 81 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
hi we just finished dread vault regular, and are ready for castle never? we do not have a quest, nor do we see a regular castle never in the queue, just epic. Anyone wanna point us in the next direction?
Post edited by cshellspunky on

Comments

• Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    hi we just finished dread vault regular, and are ready for castle never? we do not have a quest, nor do we see a regular castle never in the queue, just epic. Anyone wanna point us in the next direction?

There is no regular Castle Never, just epic. You want to start with Epic Cloak Tower now and work your way up.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ty so much, is there a list or an order we should follow somewhere?
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ty so much, is there a list or an order we should follow somewhere?

Easiest to Hardest:
    T1s:
    Cloak Tower
    Idris
    Cragmire
    Mad Dragon
    Grey Wolf
    T2:
    Pirate King
    Karrundax (If you run it as the majority does, which isn't legit. Harder than Spider if you do it fully legit.)
    Frozen Heart
    Temple of the Spider
    Spellplague
    Castle Never
    Epic Dreadvault

Though actually Pirate King is easier then Greywolves end boss, and even Mad Dragons.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ty so much, so officially our quests have ended. How and where does gauntlegrym start?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    where is gauntlegrym, then,is it a dungeon too?
  • Options
    zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Keep in mind that Wolf Den's boss was nerfed fairly recently, so it might be lower in that list (I'm not sure, I haven't done it since that patch) and Karrundax is still easy, even if you do it 100% legit.

Gauntlgrym is a kind-of-event-kind-of-dungeon thing. By joining a Guild, your Guild Leader can align themselves with either the Delzoun Dwarves, or the Luskan Corsairs.

During the Iron Tabernacle, Armories of Moradin and (Crypt of the Dwarf King? I can't quite remember) daily rotational events (Like Delves, Foundry XP, Arena PvP etc) you can travel to the Gauntlgrym area of the world map (Located just underneath the the end-game area Whispering Caverns) and participate in the PvE Iron Tabernacle event, the PvP (With a PvE section if you don't want to PvP) Armories of Moradin event, and then depending on if the Delzoun or Luskan wins the Armories, you can participate in the Crypt section of the event.

If the faction you allied with loses, you gain access to the Tier 1 dungeon "Fardelver Crypt".

If the faction you allied with wins, you gain access to the Tier 2 dungeon "Dwarf King's Crypt", and can also go into the Tier 1 dungeon "Fardelver Crypt".

The dungeons are quite short, with just one boss, so you can do them two-three times per Event with a decent team.

NOTE: You have to have participated in either the Iron Tabernacle or the Armories of Moradin event to do the T1 Dungeon (Only the one directly before the Crypt section counts) and you have to have participated in BOTH to do the T2 (Likewise, only the ones directly before the Crypt section counts).

EDIT:
    Unlike the other Tier 1 and Tier 2 dungeons, the boss doesn't drop a specific slot of loot (I.e, Spider Temple gives you Chest Armor and Necklaces), instead you can get any piece of Tier 1 loot from the boss (And Grym Coins, used for Tier 2 PvP gear, from the chest at the end) in the Tier 1 dungeon, and any piece of Tier 2 loot (As well as the possibility of "Reinforced" Arm Slot armor, which can also be obtained through level 20 crafting) as well as Grym Coins (More than you get in the Tier 1 dungeon)
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    Easiest to Hardest:
    T1s:
    Cloak Tower
    Idris
    Cragmire
    Mad Dragon
    Grey Wolf
    T2:
    Pirate King
    Karrundax (If you run it as the majority does, which isn't legit. Harder than Spider if you do it fully legit.)
    Frozen Heart
    Temple of the Spider
    Spellplague
    Castle Never
    Epic Dreadvault

Though actually Pirate King is easier then Greywolves end boss, and even Mad Dragons.

Interesting. Right now, I only PUG and Temple of the Spider, Castle Never and Dreadvault are the ones I have issues with. I didn't honestly think that Karrundax (legitimately) and Spellplague were anywhere as hard as the those three.
  • Options
    rhymfaxerhymfaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Cloak Tower (yawn)
    Cragmire Crypts (zzz)
    Throne of Idris (afk easy)
    Grey Wolf's Den (big step up from the 3 super easy ones, but was never anywhere close to being harder than Mad Dragon)
    Lair of the Mad Dragon (putting this here since it's technically t1, but it's way out of whack with t1 difficulty)

Lair of the Pirate King (easy, and pointless)
    Caverns of Karrundax (easy bossfight)
    Spellplague Caverns (relies on a good CW for last boss, hard to clear dungeon)
    Frozen Heart (relies on a good kiter for last boss, hard boss otherwise)
    Temple of the Spider (last fight is a gearcheck after all the changes to this dungeon, low geared chars don't have a chance)
    Dread Vaults (very hard boss that few people know the tactic for, people rarely do this dungeon, broken campfires make this annoying to clear)

Castle Never (top tier content atm, Dracolich is harder than the boss from Dread Vaults no doubt, it's just that the tactics for him are more refined while noone knows what the hell they are doing in Dread Vaults)
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think they messed up Castle Never, because in the journal you have the archievement of "regular" CN that grants title besieger, and the epic version, so right now its impossible to get that title and archievement.

The bugged campfires of epic dread vault are a pain in the ***, nobody wanna do that dungeon and the main hand weapons it ddrops are more expensive than the equivalent and better ancient ones, so its pointless... and is the freaking only epic dungeon i have never beat!

Also, i really believe that Epic brain is harder than dracolich, maybe because people is more used to the fight, but lately i find dracolich kinda easy if you have a good experiencced group, meanwhile, even with that same good exp group, epic brain can get messi.

Ah! gotta say that, Cloack Tower (regular and epic versions) is by A MILE the best designed dungeon, the most enjoyable, the most fun of them all, good escalating of difficulty, just like a little longer skirmish, with hidden quests, heck, the perfect dungeon... is a goddamm shame
    its the first one and not the last one... so freaking good design!
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    Easiest to Hardest:
    T1s:
    Cloak Tower
    Idris
    Cragmire
    Mad Dragon
    Grey Wolf
    T2:
    Pirate King
    Frozen Heart
    Temple of the Spider
    Spellplague
    Castle Never
    Epic Dreadvault

There is nothing hard about a legit Karrundax :/
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you've finished normal DV, you can skip Cloak Tower, Cragmire and Idris unless you're farming for something.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    dexymandexyman Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    There is nothing hard about a legit Karrundax :/

I agree...not sure were they got that idea.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Interesting. Right now, I only PUG and Temple of the Spider, Castle Never and Dreadvault are the ones I have issues with. I didn't honestly think that Karrundax (legitimately) and Spellplague were anywhere as hard as the those three.

Sad thing is the pugs actually believe they do karrundax legit.

99.9999% do not.

Pulling back mini bosses is not intended. It's fixed next patch - they will leash.

(nor is purposely meta gaming to avoid difficult trash fights, eg: not killing brutes, suiciding to skip, etc)

The first two mini bosses in Karrundax are ULTRA-DIFFICULT, if you don't pull them back. They have insanely op adds that are extremely CC resistant.

My top tier guild with max geared characters can barely handle them legit. Pugs have no chance in hell.

Spider: Only reason it seems hard to pugs is they don't get that this is the one dungeon that GFs are quite good at. Take a decent GF and you shouldn't have issues.

Plus spider after you get a GF spider is purely a gearcheck, theres no skill needed. Spellplague is the exact opposite - very skill based, gear isn't nearly as important.

Spellplague is a very tough endboss. Mainly being that the trash is very hard hitting and can gain cc immunity depending on boss facing. 1-2 players can MAKE the fight look easy for the other 3, but the job those 2 players are doing is not easy. I can solo CC this on my CW for example, but its extremely hard. Make the job of the other 4 in the group quite easy tho as I maintain control of everything. Doesn't change the fact my job is hard.

So yea, would make more sense if you listed your class. I'm going overall for all classes, and weighting it towards the ones that have the hardest task.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    re:
    Mad Dragon vs Epic Greywolf:

They both got pretty heavily nerfed in difficulty. Previously Mad dragon was the harder one due to the pretty insane adds and huge hp the dragon had (both of which was nerfed).

Now grey wolf is definitely harder. It got nerfed too, but not by much - the boss will still 1 shot unprepared players and requires more dodging and timing then any other T1 by far.
  • Options
    aylii1984aylii1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You guys mentioned Karrundax was pretty easy if you did it the non-legit way...whats the trick for the non-legit way? Simply pull the bosses away from their spawn zone or is there abit more detail? Thanks!