test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Soulforge Enchantment - how far are you going?

aylii1984aylii1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Temple
I'm contemplating whether or not to dump alot of ADs for the regular Soulforge vs. the lesser version.

Anyone have any experience on whether that extra 1 second makes a difference enough to warrant the extra 700K?

Also, does soulforge enchant increase your gear score? My guess is no
Post edited by aylii1984 on

Comments

• Options
    fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Bump.

Wonder this myself. I know i dont use it now and do just fine, i would think that even the lesser would be adequate to start with.

Other chants raise, i would think it would raise GS some. Maybe not though since no stat increase.
  • Options
    baqqarabaqqara Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2013
    It does demoralize me, when my opponent turns black. Im getting really pissed everytime that happens actually. Therefore I would advice the lesser one. That effect on the player is the real deal here, I think. Like a RL-stun. :)

But: if you're wearing BiS, and have no bigger investments planned, you might aswell go for the higher versions. Why not?

As for me: I have 4 shards sitting in my bank since... forever. Finally got a ward, but that went into my (lesser!) vorpal. Other times there are more important things like transmuting (looking cool actually is more important for me than being 100%efficient, yes i am that shallow when it comes to games :) ), so i still have that slot open :) Hasn't crippled me in the least way (neither pve nor pvp)

Edit: vorpal didnt increase my gs, so i guess SF will not either.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Armor and weapon enchantments have no effect on Gear Score.
  • Options
    aylii1984aylii1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ya I was actually referring to PvE (don't PVP) - guess the answer is no for me! Gonna just stick with lesser...extra 700K is just a little painful right now when I can boost other stuff
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Also thinking 2 seconds should be long enough to try to recover..if I needed more than odds are typically I'm gonna die anyways
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aylii1984 wrote: »
    Also thinking 2 seconds should be long enough to try to recover..if I needed more than odds are typically I'm gonna die anyways

control wizards can hold you for a long time, and rogues can turn off your abilities for even longer, GFs nocking you down and then stunning can eat up a lot of time
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Upgrading from lesser to normal or normal to greater is not going have a particularly significant impact, unless we're talking about the stacking effects of more than one upgrade. What's really noticeable is the change from none->lesser/normal/greater or lesser->greater. Consider upgrading from lesser->normal or normal->greater only if you have extra AD/zen to spend.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks ty definitely makes sense
  • Options
    zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    IMO upgrading from a Lesser is only useful if you're a major PvPer, in PvE the extra 1-2-3 seconds from Norm/Great/Perf is nowhere close to being worth the extra cost.
  • Options
    hamjihamji Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm not convinced any rank Soulforged is worth it.

If you have points in Holy Resolve check the combat log after it has activated and you will find Holy Resolve grants temporary hitpoints AND immunity for a rather large number of seconds.

The Immunity is not listed on the tooltip for Holy Resolve but it is there nonetheless so stacking Immunity with Immunity seems rather pointless unless Soulforged extends Holy Resolves timer(unlikely) or Soulforged doesn't trigger when Holy Resolve does due to one happening at 30% and the other at 25%(Highly unlikely).

Definately not worth a dime in my opinion.
  • Options
    kingykingykinykingykingykiny Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    im not sure abut that but its definately annoying when a GWF is equipped with it
  • Options
    fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Ok finally just sucked it up and made my soulfourge enchant.

I always have either holy resolve or soulforge trigger i have never seen both of them trigger at same time.

At the lowest level no matter what it is enough time to chug a potion and cast a spell (this is with like 10 adds wanting to kill me.).

It seems like the effect causes an aggro/threat drop i think.

I have no plans on upgrading mine at all unless i get huge into PVP (which i would probably have different gear anyway).
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Something I saw recommended was to go with a briartwine enchant instead of the soulforge. The reason being that there is a very small window of opportunity for the sf to proc (if you are hit again when already at under 25% hp, but when that hit is not enough to kill you and it has been more than a min since the last time that happened), plus the fact that apparantly the reflected damage procs astral seal if it hits a mob with that applied to it.

Any thoughts on this from the number crunchers?
  • Options
    baqqarabaqqara Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2013
    Holy Resolve is on a 5min timer. Just saying.

Edit:
    That said i can already foretell next patchnotes:

Holy Resolve: Will now share it's cooldowntimer with the Soulforged Armor Enchantment.
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    baqqara wrote: »
    Holy Resolve is on a 5min timer. Just saying.

Edit:
    That said i can already foretell next patchnotes:

Holy Resolve: Will now share it's cooldowntimer with the Soulforged Armor Enchantment.

So....would that allow Holy Resolve to proc every 60 seconds or Soulforged's cooldown to be raised to 5 minutes?
    XD
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    hamjihamji Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    So....would that allow Holy Resolve to proc every 60 seconds or Soulforged's cooldown to be raised to 5 minutes?
    XD

Updated Patch Notes:

Holy Resolve has been removed since it had the unwanted effect of preventing Cleric death's. Holy Resolve has been replaced with Holy Righteousness which increases the effect of the Righteousness buff by 10/20/30%.