test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Add Ranking System to PvP asap

zaodunzaodun Member Posts: 39
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Why do we (the players) even need to ask a modern MMO company for something as BASIC as a Ranking System for PvP?

Srsly.
Post edited by zaodun on

Comments

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Because it would be pretty worthless. My GF has a 12k GS, and he's pretty average for PVP. Our guild leader has a 9.7k GS, and he does disgustingly sick damage because he has 6-7 Greater Tenebrous enchantments.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Because it would be pretty worthless. My GF has a 12k GS, and he's pretty average for PVP. Our guild leader has a 9.7k GS, and he does disgustingly sick damage because he has 6-7 Greater Tenebrous enchantments.
    He asked for ranking system where you are ranked according to how good you do in PvP - not a who spends more money rankings.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

You seem to have missed the point of a RANKING SYSTEM as opposed to a GS check.....
  • Options
    coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    id be down to a W/L/A ratio (win,lose,abandoned) even if it doesnt "show" ur true skill it wud be fun, also encourage people to make a new char with "perfect score" etc.

another thing that wud be awesome is a 5 man queue system. (only parties of 5 people will queue against each other) and also a W/L/A on this, as a separate score from solo play

people wud whine, claim to be the best, blablabla, still it would be fun keeping some kind of record =)
  • Options
    masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    He asked for ranking system where you are ranked according to how good you do in PvP - not a who spends more money rankings.

well these two rankings would be the same :P

the child with the richest daddy will be #1 - and it will be a.... TR :p
    No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • Options
    coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    maybe class-based rankings?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Any good PvP (team PvP) Ranking System means that your ranking is, like it or not, dependent on your team's score in addition to your own performance. While this does mean that people will not "pug" as much, it means that whether you pug or pre-make a team, you will be matched more appropriately.

Its mind-numbingly simple. I can't fathom why I even have to post this on the game forum, it should have been in game from day 1.
  • Options
    shiphtur1gshiphtur1g Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    people who think you actually need to spend irl money on this game to have good gear/be good at this game are probably some of the dumbest people ive ever seen touch an mmo. ive spent literally $0 on this game, and have 4 60s, a gwf that I can get to 15k gs, but the gear I use puts me around 9800, a gf with over 13k, a tr with over 12.2, and a cw with over 12.5. that being said, gear score literally doesn't matter at all really when it comes to pvp, 2 rogues can 1v1, one with 12k gs and one with 9k gs and the 9k has just as much of a chance to win if he has any idea how to play his class. people need to stop complaining that this game is p2w just because theyre terrible at the game. learn how to farm gear, its not difficult, don't even need to take any shortcuts. if I can gear 4 chars really well without spending anything, and be in the top pvp guild on dragon, why cant you people gear one?

edit- end rant, as for the point of ops post, I completely agree, I would love a ranking system, and I would love them to add a 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3, all with ranking systems.
  • Options
    gwfrapergwfraper Banned Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lol really ? if u want this pvp... more more PERma stealth TR.. he can play only for rank, just backdoor to towers, not funny.
  • Options
    ttnugettnuge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Maybe because this is an MMO and not an FPS? A ranking system would fix some things and I'm not entirely opposed to it but hastily implemented would cause more problems than it would solve.
  • Options
    ttnugettnuge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    shiphtur1g wrote: »
    people who think you actually need to spend irl money on this game to have good gear/be good at this game are probably some of the dumbest people ive ever seen touch an mmo. ive spent literally $0 on this game, and have 4 60s, a gwf that I can get to 15k gs, but the gear I use puts me around 9800, a gf with over 13k, a tr with over 12.2, and a cw with over 12.5. that being said, gear score literally doesn't matter at all really when it comes to pvp, 2 rogues can 1v1, one with 12k gs and one with 9k gs and the 9k has just as much of a chance to win if he has any idea how to play his class. people need to stop complaining that this game is p2w just because theyre terrible at the game. learn how to farm gear, its not difficult, don't even need to take any shortcuts. if I can gear 4 chars really well without spending anything, and be in the top pvp guild on dragon, why cant you people gear one?

edit- end rant, as for the point of ops post, I completely agree, I would love a ranking system, and I would love them to add a 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3, all with ranking systems.

Care to give me a summary of your /played time, then maybe we can talk about who's dumber.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ttnuge wrote: »
    Maybe because this is an MMO and not an FPS? A ranking system would fix some things and I'm not entirely opposed to it but hastily implemented would cause more problems than it would solve.

I'm pretty sure this game was in design and development for years.... not sure how you define "hastily"....
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    zaodun wrote: »
    Why do we (the players) even need to ask a modern MMO company for something as BASIC as a Ranking System for PvP?

Srsly.

In order to have a ranking system we would have to have places for them to rank it which we currently do not. PvP deathmatch is just kinda there and shouldn't require a rank. To include a ranking system then you need to make new Arena's for 2v2 ,3v3, 5v5 then have all Death matches be non ranking and be 10v10. The ranked arena matches will be on a smaller map and based on kills with no mounts. The 10v10 will be on maps like currently just need 2 new maps with different objectives like a flag cap.

There is no point in ranking what we currently have. 0, zero, zip, nada. So lets hope they redo the pvp.
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Kills
    Deaths
    Wins
    Losses
    Points Capped

Yes there should be a ranking system, only baddos don't want it to be made public they're bad.

Nuff nuffs
  • Options
    stdcallstdcall Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    callmedeux wrote: »
    Kills
    Deaths
    Wins
    Losses
    Points Capped
    I'd also add detailed stats like:
    Total damage done
    Best damage done with single hit
    Total healing done
    Best healing with single cast
    Total damage received
    anything you could think of

And don't forget the most important one, a list of skills ever casted and a number of casts per each skill

Also make 2 tables:
    Stats for all the matches ever played on this character
    Stats for a single match - it should contain such stats for each of the last 20 matches played.

Obviously make it public for everyone.

All this can even encourage me to play this **** pvp this game has
  • Options
    ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    it should have been in game from day 1.

I agree, but with the belief that it would be because then we'd have a more refined system than the one that came out day 1.

Right now we haven't started so there is no day 1. We need to come up with a ranking system, let people complain, and refine accordingly.

I am also shocked the game doesn't have it.
  • Options
    dtranquildtranquil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Add rankings..... while pvps broke as hell?

Let me see , Rock , Paper , Scissors? Broke More like mellee destroy ranged and then struggle with each other.

Complete skill lockouts comparable with being globalled in wow , Only difference is you can run around unable to attack.

The ((((((((( 1000's of bots,

Theres a lot that needs to be done before adding ranking for some sad cases spending mommy n daddies money on the current fotm no brainer class.
  • Options
    phaazenphaazen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lol a little something to give people some self worth and a slightly bigger e-peen lol great idea XD
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    callmedeux wrote: »
    Kills
    Deaths
    Wins
    Losses
    Points Capped

Yes there should be a ranking system, only baddos don't want it to be made public they're bad.

Nuff nuffs

don't forget assists, and separate boards for each class as well an all class board
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Did you guys ever think that, with rankings, all the bots will end up in the bottom-most rank?

Yeah, didn't think so.

:)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Did you guys ever think that, with rankings, all the bots will end up in the bottom-most rank?

Yeah, didn't think so.

:)

I don't care about bots. Ranking is not a issue. Having ranking right now would be the same to having rankings for the All midget handicap kickball league. PvP is in no state for rankings cause there is no system currently. Why rank something that isn't even PvP. 2maps of 5v5. That's really not a pvp system that deserve a ranking that is like a friendly game of tag to pass time. When they roll out a real PvP system with 5 maps of 10v10 for battlegrounds and a Arena system that has season and prizes for the winner at end. for 2v2 3v3 5v5 then we can bring in some rankings. Ranking PvP now is about as productive as ranking the dump I just took.

So just wait till we have PvP before you want to rank anything.
  • Options
    astariadodfastariadodf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Srsly.

Ranking system already exists. Just check with Lemonade stand. They have it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ranking system already exists. Just check with Lemonade stand. They have it.

They have nothing a PvP guild in a game without real PvP the irony. The only thing I will rank with them is there Spawn camping they get 5 stars.
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Its mind-numbingly simple.
    Just saying "make a ranking system" is simple. Actually making a functional one is not simple at all. The most commonly used system called ELO can be manipulated by use of collusion.

In fact, ranking is in fact mathematically unsound with any game that is intransitive; that is in the case where A beats B, B beats C and C beats A.

So this is not a simple problem at all.