test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bot reporting

leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Please make it easier for us to report bots. Going into the GM Help and behavior option screen, then having to look up the @handle of the person just takes too long. Make it so we can right click their icon and report them along with an explanation as to why we are reporting them. Many games have this feature. I was in pvp yesterday and had 3 matches in a row where it was 4 bots on each team.
Post edited by leshil40 on

Comments

• kronnixkronnix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Agreed... for reporting in general... too cumbersome as it is now.
  • drizztdourden21drizztdourden21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited July 2013
    4 bots on each team... maybe you just know how to distuinguish a bot from a **** pvper because i find that pretty unlikely. but you have a point we need a system to report bots but i dont see one coming soon as then they need software to check our reports as customer service is overloaded and that means more 24 hours service which is probably NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    I think the OP is a bot.... reported
    You mean we couldn't just have an automated system where players can report any player for being a bot and get them a one week ban? Surely this system couldn't be abused at all and players are honest when it comes to bot reporting.
  • rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    I think the OP is a bot.... reported

Reported for reporting...

• chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    You mean we couldn't just have an automated system where players can report any player for being a bot and get them a one week ban? Surely this system couldn't be abused at all and players are honest when it comes to bot reporting.

Oh man, could you imagine the fun times that would ensue if we did have a feature like that in game. These forums would blow up real fast with players complaining about how they were wrongfully accused of being a bot and getting banned.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, because investigating before passing judgment is hard.

You cry about it and its possible abuses, but fail to see that it should never be an outright ban. It should result in bans only after an investigation. Immediate and temporary bans should be issued, even at the cost of inconvenience to legit players, if enough people over several different matches send in the botting reports.

It isn't hard and it is a necessary step to stop the bot problem in PvP. I couldn't care less about it in PvE.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    "Immediate and temporary bans should be issued"

no they shudnt, that would make every player report ppl they dont like. the rest, yes
  • robbieg43robbieg43 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    4 bots on each team... maybe you just know how to distuinguish a bot from a **** pvper because i find that pretty unlikely. but you have a point we need a system to report bots but i dont see one coming soon as then they need software to check our reports as customer service is overloaded and that means more 24 hours service which is probably NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

BOTS in pvp are pretty easy to spot tbh. Name, going to same spot each time. Waiting for someone to come and will perform exact same actions.

bad player move too much and make more mistakes than a bot going to one place and going through the same rotation regardless whats attacking them.
    edited July 2013
    coglover wrote: »
    "Immediate and temporary bans should be issued"

no they shudnt, that would make every player report ppl they dont like. the rest, yes
    As I said... it would need to be several different reports over several different matches.

Not the same person reporting over and over. That, then, WOULD cause an abuse situation.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
  • marlasingersmarlasingers Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have zero wait time for pvp games right now, and yes there are bots in every single dom match I've played. I'd guess its somewhere between 40-50% bots per game, and yes, I've played a match or two where I suspect I'm one of two people actually sitting at the computer. What does that tell you about the population of people who actually want to play?

Personally I don't like them anymore than anyone else. But all too often I watch people cry rivers and then cry floods when they get what they asked for. "Omg pvp is dead, wait times for gamez is sooooo long". Obviously they aren't stupid enough to pull them right now.
    edited July 2013
    I have zero wait time for pvp games right now, and yes there are bots in every single dom match I've played. I'd guess its somewhere between 40-50% bots per game, and yes, I've played a match or two where I suspect I'm one of two people actually sitting at the computer. What does that tell you about the population of people who actually want to play?

Personally I don't like them anymore than anyone else. But all too often I watch people cry rivers and then cry floods when they get what they asked for. "Omg pvp is dead, wait times for gamez is sooooo long". Obviously they aren't stupid enough to pull them right now.
    If anything, it would spur more interest in PvP and more people would go into matches BECAUSE there is less chance of being teamed with 3-4 bots and you can actually compete for a change even if you lose.

No, it will not kill PvP. It will help the players to participate more.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
  • drizztdourden21drizztdourden21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited July 2013
    aladnis wrote: »

You cry about it and its possible abuses, but fail to see that it should never be an outright ban. It should result in bans only after an investigation. Immediate and temporary bans should be issued, even at the cost of inconvenience to legit players, if enough people over several different matches send in the botting reports.

It isn't hard and it is a necessary step to stop the bot problem in PvP. I couldn't care less about it in PvE.

fully agree with this. other games have software to filter through bot reports then a mod will issue a ban etc. krumple01 has been trolling a few threads since dragon went down so dont bother with him.
    edited July 2013

yeah clearly you havent noticed theres about 100 different instances for pvp so there is a LOT of people pvping all the time.
  • leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

lol...if you can't figure out a bot in this game by now, you have other issues. It's pretty obvious who's a bot and who's not in this game. They path the same and their names and gear are a dead giveaway other times.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aladnis wrote: »

I have already pointed out that "investigations" would be flooding in daily. I bet they would get a hundred reports a day and not a single one would be a repeat name.

It would require too many man hours to "investigate" all claims of bots. It is simply not realistic for them to set aside a team to monitor bots or investigate claims of bots.
    edited July 2013
    leshil40 wrote: »
    lol...if you can't figure out a bot in this game by now, you have other issues. It's pretty obvious who's a bot and who's not in this game. They path the same and their names and gear are a dead giveaway other times.

ive made over 400k honor i know how to spot a bot pretty fast and know the handles on a lot of them what im saying is that you clearly CANT. because there is NEVER a game with more than two bots on a team at level 60.
  • llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Yes, because this is exactly what the original poster wrote. Good job putting words in his mouth and trying to build a strawman argument.

Bots are a plague to this game both in PvP and PvE because Cryptic made no effort to get rid of them. None, whatsoever. We can't even vote to kick known bots from PvP games. They're allowed free reign on Neverwinter and it's all Cryptic's fault. I've personally reported at least 50 bots already and I still see some of the same ones in a good chunk of PvP games I play in.

This problem won't go away until Cryptic actually cares enough to do something about it. Until then, enjoy PvP'ing with bots and buying your enchantments and crafting mats from bots too.
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    bots are all just a conspiracy theory ......
    You know what the irony of this is?

If you are fighting monsters, they are all bots. Game AI that is predictable and always runs the same predictable path.

Yet when it happens in pvp it causes unrest and anger.

Keep the bots where they belong, in the dungeons~! lol
  • leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ive made over 400k honor i know how to spot a bot pretty fast and know the handles on a lot of them what im saying is that you clearly CANT. because there is NEVER a game with more than two bots on a team at level 60.

Bots aren't a problem at 60 as much as the 12-59 levels. They are everywhere due to leveling through pvp.
    edited July 2013
    actually there should be equal number of bots in every level cap because of equal number of legit players leveling as well? the player/bot ratio for pvp is about the same in every level cap. and im going to say that you havent really played pvp unless youve played it as a 60 because the other players play basically as badly as bots so *maybe* you got confused because there is many players with full green who cant pvp.
    edited July 2013
    actually there should be equal number of bots in every level cap because of equal number of legit players leveling as well? the player/bot ratio for pvp is about the same in every level cap. and im going to say that you havent really played pvp unless youve played it as a 60 because the other players play basically as badly as bots so *maybe* you got confused because there is many players with full green who cant pvp.

Pretty much you have no clue.
  • vmlinuxvmlinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A bot in PvP never spawns a horse and just keeps running the same path and then autotargeting and attacking with the same moves. Its pretty dqmn obvious. As a gm you just pull the toon to another empty PvP instance.
  • trippysmurf1trippysmurf1 Member Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The number of bots is getting pretty ridiculous.