test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kill stealers and other problems while playing NW

d3per93d3per93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm getting really annoyed with the vast amount of people trying or even kill stealing and other problems like when I was on a group people rush to go to the boss while I was looting a chest (lost a loot because of it), and my major problem is that everytime I fuse a rank 2 rune It always fails.
Post edited by d3per93 on

Comments

• Options
    zjesminzzjesminz Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    DMG dealt should be considered as kill, not the last hit. People flee when they see the enemies, rotate and come back to steal kills. But, would the dev team care to change it properly to support legit players?
    If kill steeling happens again one more time, I will wait and see from behind until they die.

Part1-02.JPG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ofkathriaofkathria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zjesminz wrote: »
    DMG dealt should be considered as kill, not the last hit.

I'm pretty sure it is... at least, I've found this to be the case when doing open world quests like "Kill 20 Summoners."
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think it would be best if the person who gets the last hit in gets credit for a kill and the person who does the most damage to who is killed also receives credit. If the same person gets both last hit and most damage then that person should only receive 1 kill credit. Even if you go most damage you can have the target almost dead and someone massively hits to finish it off stealing the kill. I also think you should receive assist and maybe even double the assist points each time you stomp someone unconscious or help someone get up.
  • Options
    ch33t0ch33t0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Kill stealers? More like QQ dealing.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Shh.. there's mods following me and they will nerf your [IMG.] :rolleyes:
  • Options
    inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    open a rogue, and steal all kills. 8k gearscore hitting 10k crit.

no need player skill
    no need gearscore
    pukmp.jpg
  • Options
    ltdansotltdansot Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2013
    You only need hit a critter to get credit and loot which is shared. There's no kill stealing. There can be objective stealing though. There are quests where you have to free or rescue people and someone can run up while you are fighting and take it.
  • Options
    ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    losers make excuses, winners win regardless
  • Options
    chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ifthir wrote: »

Real talk.
    INB4, INB4
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What is wrong with the Guild Wars 2 method? Both the players get the credit and drop from the kill. After all they did cooperate and that would encourage the cooperation bethween players.
    However there is a flaw with the looting :if you are in combat you cannot loot and someone else that come in, and is not involved in the fight, can steal your loot while you are fighting. This has to be changed
  • Options
    shontsushontsu Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Kill stealing? I didn't think this game had it. I thought you just had to dmg a mob and you got credit for the kill and a chance at loot.

I tend to jump into most fights, I thought I was helping.
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    shontsu wrote: »
    Kill stealing? I didn't think this game had it. I thought you just had to dmg a mob and you got credit for the kill and a chance at loot.

I tend to jump into most fights, I thought I was helping.

I agree. If you have a quest to kill a certain named mob or a certain number it seems to me that you and everyone gets credit.

My gripe is killing a party of Mob's for a certain item that is behind them and someone Ninja the item - but I can accept that because it is so low in the game.

My Chest loot gripe is that I had opened a chest and there was a blue Helmet and I was so happy. A trap activated. I disarmed trap but Chest was closed and could not get the item.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    ghostravynghostravyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 59
    edited July 2013
    You can blame this on me. For a good decade I've been convinced that there is a very special place in hell for clerics that don't stop to help fights, throw random heals, etc. I now stand corrected and you can just field all the complaints about why clerics are such asses any more.

I mean, seriously. Loot falls like rain, exp is gained at about twice what it should be, and you are going to complain about kill-stealing? I could kind of understand this if you were kill-farming for achieves, but at any other time in the game I'm just happy the primary target is dead!!

I'm on Mindflayer. Make sure you let me know you're in game so I can stop with the drive-by assists. Is there anything else that I need to change in order to ensure that I enhance your personal gaming experience? Beverage? Cheese-doodles? Foot massage??
    Corrupted Souls, Mindflayer server
    uKc2R.gif
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thing is, there is no real-kill stealing in this game. Sure, some special mobs can be taken down right before your eyes, but they'll spawn back within 5 minutes. The three ice-giants on Icepire Peak for instance, they are in a rather small and crowded area.

Lootdrops are instanced, so whatever fell from the sky for you, did not drop for your teammate.

The only thing that can be 'stolen' are some non-static kits, as in dungeons and in world.

And to all the clerics just randomly healing people: keep doing it, I kinda like how it looks I get a pat on the head ;)
  • Options
    pw3ckapw3cka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ifthir wrote: »

Amen sir!

Your message is too **** short... ( stupid rule )
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    d3per93 wrote: »
    I'm getting really annoyed with the vast amount of people trying or even kill stealing and other problems like when I was on a group people rush to go to the boss while I was looting a chest (lost a loot because of it), and my major problem is that everytime I fuse a rank 2 rune It always fails.

The problem is really with the cryptic programming team. They seem to do things as simple and basic just to make it work. They don't really seem to care if it makes sense or is fair to the players. That is why it usually is the last person to do dmg before a player/mob dies gets the kill count.

To make it work more "fairly" it would be based off who does the majority of damage to the target. But this requires making buffers to hold damage amounts which is then verified when the target dies to compare who should get awarded the kill. It is much more complex of a code design as well as taking up more memory. So the simple solution is the one they stick with and care little for fairness.

This is just one example of how this coding philosophy has made the game annoying or unfair.
  • Options
    ujavcadujavcad Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    and what if your target is at 10% health and you are on 5% and some dude steps in, kills the beast and saves you.. who gets credit? he is the hero not you, so what that you did the most damage? he killed it.
    same in PvP, targets run away, heal or do any kind of things to change the outcome of the fight..
    if you are slow to finish your target, someone else does it for you.. the team wins, that's what matters

don't really see a problem..
    in PvE: re-spawn times are short, there is plenty of loot and in dungeons there is rolling..
    in PvP: I've seen kill steal happen a lot and never seen anyone complaining about it.. so I guess people realize that taking nodes gives you more points than killing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zjesminzzjesminz Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ujavcad wrote: »
    and what if your target is at 10% health and you are on 5% and some dude steps in, kills the beast and saves you.. who gets credit? he is the hero not you, so what that you did the most damage? he killed it.
    same in PvP, targets run away, heal or do any kind of things to change the outcome of the fight..
    if you are slow to finish your target, someone else does it for you.. the team wins, that's what matters

don't really see a problem..
    in PvE: re-spawn times are short, there is plenty of loot and in dungeons there is rolling..
    in PvP: I've seen kill steal happen a lot and never seen anyone complaining about it.. so I guess people realize that taking nodes gives you more points than killing

This's why I decide to make my own kill-stealing devoted cleric built.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]