test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvPers, are you satisfied w/ GG?

quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
I for one am not, its chaotic, larger scale, yes, but the waiting around for it, and the lame rewards seem very meh. I am curious what the rest of the die hard pvpers think?
It's pretty easy to win, but having to collect bits and pieces of trash from pve farming before hand, and farming grim coins post just kills it for me. I still feel like the game lacks an end-game for those of us who like pvp more then pve.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• barthanbarthan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Always will seem it all about the money like always. Lack of maps for pvp as well. There should be more maps and a better reward system. This world has to many currency period. Lack of community as well!
  • chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Id have been happier w a couple more domination maps or a 10v10 dm as opposed to the GG clusterf*ck. But meh. Some of the t2 sets are okay.
    INB4, INB4
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    All death matches should be 10v10. there should be about 4 maps with at least 1 flag carry. then arena 2v2,3v3. GG should be a 30v30 I think or even 40v40. The map is huge and 20v20 I think is not enough. They could do a lot with GG making it better. Fix the exploit to spawn camp and make it 30v30 at least. Sometimes I am riding around and don't see anyone. The map is just to big for only 20v20.
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    there should be about 4 maps with at least 1 flag carry. then arena 2v2,3v3. GG should be a 30v30 I think or even 40v40. The map is huge and 20v20 I think is not enough. They could do a lot with GG making it better. Fix the exploit to spawn camp and make it 30v30 at least. Sometimes I am riding around and don't see anyone. The map is just to big for only 20v20.

I pretty much agree with this and then some.
  • modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Dissable mounts or make the domination maps larger imo.
    Other types of scenarios. Capture the flag etz.
    Remove the dumb *** Personal score table.
    Quitter debuffs.
    All sets avilible from PVP vendor, but at higher prices as the stats gets better.
    New scenery.
    Tweaking abillties for PVP only.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    modimor wrote: »
    Dissable mounts or make the domination maps larger imo.

Please don't. It's painful running on foot. I'd rather spend more time trying to complete objectives rather than I spend getting to them.
  • blahblahseanblahblahsean Member Posts: 94
    edited July 2013
    A lot of things need to change for GG to actually be competitive and enjoyable.

First, they need to remove the ogres and catapults. Mixing PvE and PvP like this is never a good idea and i know of absolutely no 'hardcore' PvP'ers that enjoy the two being mixed.

Secondly, they need to make the point with the two draw-bridges generate two to three times more points than the other nodes. This will force team-fights at this point all game long since it will be the most valuable point. This is required if they want to eliminate the currently zergy nature of the map.

Thirdly, spawn camping needs to be eliminated completely.

These changes would be a good start at the very least.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Please don't. It's painful running on foot. I'd rather spend more time trying to complete objectives rather than I spend getting to them.

Exactly I have a 19 lvl GWF twink and he dominates even more because of no mounts so its a terrible advantage. Since health pots should be removed. Since they aren't then if there were no mounts some classes would be even more dominate.
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited July 2013
    its more on capturing the flag than pvp
    and with the lag/delay cant enjoy fighting players

make the area harder capturing nodes longer and add defender mobs to make it more challenging
  • modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Thing is, with a short map, people who spent money on mounts have an advantage in pvp with these small maps, and the mounts arn't exactly cheap either. Maps are small enough to be played without em.
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    Honestly; we need more in the 5v5 pvp, or another map/game that is not on a 5hr downtime.
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    Thing is, with a short map, people who spent money on mounts have an advantage in pvp with these small maps, and the mounts arn't exactly cheap either. Maps are small enough to be played without em.
    The mounts aren't purchasable by money only, you know it, we all know it. A few CN farm's and you can buy a howler for all your characters. Honestly, people who cry about this are crying about the fact that someone has better gear then them in an mmo. This isn't a moba, deal with it, budget and work for your gear or move on to a different kind of pvp.
  • destaaadestaaa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Im level 20 GWF and PVP seems for me like kind of boring... I use my standard combos and spam left click to kill enemies but man, this takes waaaay too long. I think there should be like 1.5x damage on PVP or so. That'd make game more dynamic.
  • dcoy1dcoy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    destaaa wrote: »
    Im level 20 GWF and PVP seems for me like kind of boring... I use my standard combos and spam left click to kill enemies but man, this takes waaaay too long. I think there should be like 1.5x damage on PVP or so. That'd make game more dynamic.

Because 1 shotting isn't enough? We need people to be able to 1.5 shot?
  • roundeyeddevilroundeyeddevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As it stands, no.

Maybe if I could queue for GG phase 2 anytime then it would be a welcome addition to the game. Or better yet, make an instanced version of phase 1 and make it open pvp. Then just throw in a couple boss mobs that drops good enhancements to give people a reason to venture into the open pvp areas.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013

You can buy a mount for 5GP. If the maps are as small as you say then getting somewhere 3 seconds sooner isn't much of an advantage.
  • llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »
    Id have been happier w a couple more domination maps or a 10v10 dm as opposed to the GG clusterf*ck. But meh. Some of the t2 sets are okay.

this.

keep the 5v5 format and just make more maps, harder maps to maneuver around, that enables players with good hand coordination, especially CWs to jump to places where melee can't reach them, or get stomped completely if they fail to get there. it will require GWF to take leap slam, rogue to take blink, and replace stealth / prone skills (dps skills) in the process.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    GG PvP feels exactly like Domination 5v5 PvP with more people. The only difference is the bridge and spike moat around flag 5 which makes more interesting punting. Otherwise its all pretty much identical.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I definitely would like to see more variation in general...you know the things most people are asking for, such as CTF, TDM, more maps. However, having more then 5v5 domination such as GG is enjoyable to me as a cleric.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • realborealbo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No
    /tenchar
    Admiralsig.png
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Its a good change.

As some1 posted earlier I would really like to see another pvp map atleast. Also some 2v2 and 3v3 would be sweet with a ranking system as well...

I would also like to see glory rewards that are worth something but like 100k glory for 1 piece... Gives people who like to pvp a point to getting glory.

To do that, youll have to fix how glory is given or else botters will bot it... My suggestion is ONLY give glory for things accomplished by your character. Winning should get a boost. If you leave you should LOSE glory by the amount of points the enemy has left to score. Leave at the beginnig and you lose a ton. Leave when they have 950 points, you wont lose much..
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone! We appreciate it very much!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • ruboilonmycoccyxruboilonmycoccyx Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why do they focus pvp around domination? No capture the flag? No deathmatch? Lol or how about a classic take over the keep/territories pvp. GG is okay but it is super laggy for those of us who have microwaves for computers and it's just a bigger version of domination... with a long long wait period. They need to stop putting themselves into a box with just domination. I don't even understand how the factions in gg work. All in all i think it needs an overhaul.
    NW-DB7O8ELQM- Excalibur in Search of Pendragon

NW-DNZTNE2SA -A Hell Under the City

NW-DOG5LREQJ-Necro Master's Last Breath
  • alaerickalaerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    No I'm not content with it. I'll do it for gear but really it's bad in all kinds of ways. What should have happened for end game pvp.

At least 5 factions not 2. Yes I said 5 factions (Would be neat if there was one for each starting city in character history and guilds aligned to that starter area).

One giant effin map. A giant dragon in the middle. I mean like mother of all dragons.

Wandering NPC patrols.

Lots of LOS friendly debris on the field.

Equally distanced from each other Keeps. Players of a faction start at their Keep and fight to take down the dragon.

Each side gets a score based on how much damage they are able to do to the dragon. However, This score is offset by how much damage their keep takes during the battle.

Keeps have destroyable locations which must be defended. Front Gate, Barracks, Captain of the Guard, Door to Throne room, Prince/King/Queen/whatever leader and elite guards.

For each defensive objective taken out their HP is subtracted from the damage that faction does to the dragon. Equal to about 1/5th the dragons HP.

Zone is open for 1 out of 3 hours. Dragon lasts for the duration. The winning faction is all awarded tokens to turn in for gear (T2/T3 whatever). The top 2 teams get a bonus item for all involved. These items can be turned in for 1 complete item of your choice from a vendor. Each time someone on the team dies the entire teams score is slightly lowered, making healers efforts mean something and making "lolz all rogue teams" not as desirable.

All Keeps bosses (5-10 per keep) each drop gear tokens following same system as above. Damage to Keeps counts toward total team score for the Top 2 teams but at a reduced rate of only 10-25%.

It should take only 1 coordinated team to siege an unguarded keep and a combined effort from at least half the players in the match to take down the Dragon. This should make taking out keeps desirable to lower other factions scores as well as bolster your own and make tactics mean something. Defend or throw all your soldiers at the dragon?

Let the mayhem ensue.
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I am very disappointed of the GG pvp and how easy is to get the rewards. That map is so poorly designed that a person can end up first without ever engaging anyone in combat, rly hard to call it a pvp map, I would be so glad if u;ll let people build pvp maps in foundry. At least u should have had an imitation of alterac valey from wow!
    Why so easy to get those pvp rewards?! U basicaly destroyed dd now, all prices droped so bad that i can hardly see any reason for running dd when is so easy to build up grim coins. So now u only managed to destroy the pve part also since u didnt even attempted to address even the small pvp issues. Funny part is that people arent even considering doing t2 dungeon in gg, they are all queing for t1 and farming that.
    I wonder if u have a QA department, if u do pls fire them cause they are useless.
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would be down with turning it into a Capture the Flag match instead of it just being a scaled up version of Domination. Hell, it would even fit the lore better. Make the "flag" some sort of special stone mined out of GG and each faction is trying to take possession of it. Make the stone give its bearer some sort of massive buff to counteract the fact that they're going to be bumrushed by an entire team. Maybe cut the number of players down a tad so it isn't one big cluster****.

Pros:
    - Would facilitate more teamwork.
    - More action, more killing.
    - Fits the story better.
    - Something different than the standard PvP

Cons:
    - Creates a potential for griefers who'll purposely avoid turning in the flag.
    - Focus of action around the flag-carrier would probably be a cluster****.
    - Buffing the player with the flag may result in the flag-carrier trying to use it for more kills instead of helping his team win. But not giving the player a buff for survivability would just result in chaos.
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's the only thing I do in GG, mainly for the daily reward because you can sometimes get 2 or even 3 of them in. Otherwise, it's a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> shoot, plain and simple. There's no real strategy, it's just people running around and one team basically gets lucky. Sometimes you play lone-wolf, and it pays off, other times you come around the corner to a zerg group and there's no point in even trying to attack.