test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Recommend me for increasing GS for Control Wizard

durutti13durutti13 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Library
[IMG][/img]neverwinter.jpg image hosting over 2mb

That is my current equipment please recommend me what should I change to increase score.
Except shirt and pants obviously that I do not have the diamonds currently to buy..
Post edited by durutti13 on

Comments

• Options
    inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    delete, and create new class. GWF or TR.
    pukmp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    i want this class.. anything specific for it?
  • Options
    abandinusabandinus Member Posts: 62
    edited July 2013
    Well I'm no expert but what are you gearing up for?

But anyway you can finish enchanting your open slots you have there. Upgrade that white shirt to a blue/purple. Their are pants/shirts with slots get them and fill the slots. You can upgrade the PvP gear to the Gauntylgrim stuff (champion) or get T2 armor such as Shadow Weaver, High Vizier, and Magelord sets.

But it depends on what stats you want/need and what your purpose is. But everything I listed should boost GS.
  • Options
    balazar121balazar121 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Are you kidding me !!!! only 19 intell at level 60 !!!! are you crazy !!! con str and dex are useless for a wizard .. reroll and check what stats you should maximize !!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    as I said now I am trying to save for best possible shirt.
    any recommendation would be appreciated but what do y ou mean by 19 intel? Reroll spending 60k diamonds or more is not an option for the time being..

abandinus that is why i am asking you because i dont know which stats should I raise up first.
    First of all if I start changing my gear and damage the set I will lose points, correct?
    Initially I did not mind about high critical because of my style of play, but now everyone says is important (also I do not have to xp anymore)

I have enchanted most of my items almost to lvl5.. Any specific recommendation to that?

As you can see my set is from points gained in the pvp. Shadow weaver and the ones you say are sets as well?
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I do not memorize the exact prefixes, but from the looks of it, you do not have the right rings, neck and belt.

Again here are the stats to aim: 3k Recovery(most important), 2k armor penetration, 2k crit strike

You do not need to reroll the attributes. 19int or 20int, it barely makes any difference. As a starting point (keeping in mind your current GS and your supposed financial situation), try getting dual minor grand slavemaster rings using your Seals of Drake. For the neck, the cheapest option that gives you the stats you need is the "Grand Slavemaster Necklace of Control". As for the belt, try getting a "Grand Fugitive's Belt of Revolt".

Snce the items I recommended are temporary (the next tier would cost you a few hundred thousand AD), equip them with the cheapest enchantment, (rank 5-6) silvery to get to the 3k recovery mark. Once you reach the 3k recovery mark, you can equip the rest of the offensive slots with (rank 4-5) dark enchantments to get to the 2k armor penetration mark.

To the others who replied, I would agree with them that Shadow Weaver and High Viz sets are a good way to go
  • Options
    threeravensthreeravens Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2013
    @OP: You have one major problem with that wizard - wrong primary stat rolls. Now if you buffed up STR/CON/DEX via the points you get while levelling, it won't be a major problem but you will have to cough up the AD for a respec token. With primary stats you increase ONLY INT/WIS/CHA. Depending on your preferences or build you can prioritize WIS over CHA or the other way around.

The other 'problem' is stats: ARPEN/RECOVERY are the most important (arpen for your damage and recovery for spell and AP recharge). In other words: don't buff up power/lifesteal/deflection -leave those as they are. Crit is important if you go renegade but it is also very useful for other builds, it's a good dps increase (better than power until you hit serious diminishing returns).

Start running T1 dungeons (start with Cloak Tower and Cragmire Crypts and Throne of Idris) to begin collecting a T1 set and earn some AD by selling what you won't use (and getting seals to buy rings/necklace).
  • Options
    kalithiankalithian Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Id have to ask what are your *BASE* starting stats for Int and Wisdom. These 2 alone are your most important stats due to Cooldown and AP regen. As far as gear. You want to shoot for 3500 Recovery, not 3k, this has been tested, the extra 500 is needed for proper Arcane Singularity chaining. (though with your stats the way they are, id ont know if you can manage enough AP Bonus Gain to do it). Also 2500 Arm Pen (this gives you the 24% ArmP needed for bosses). Crit just whatever you can get up to honestly. But I would take a good hard look at your actual stats before your gear. Im not a big fan of suggest that people delete and remake their character, as its your character, and I very much understand the time and effort you've put into it, however there does come a point in the set up is so bad, that in the long run you will just get frustrated because you cant do 'x' as fast as another CW with proper stat allocation, or you cant do 'y' like the other CW's can because your AP Regeneration leaves you 2% from a full daily (where they would have the daily to cast). So I would give us your base rolls first before you went any further.
  • Options
    skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I have a mixed set...Gladiator Mage armor and cap and High Vizier boots and gloves, enchants are level 5 or above spreading around crit, arpen, recovery and power (and movement in Utility slots). Currently using the Gladiator orb and Talisman of the arcane overseer with ancient rings and, like you, blue pants and shirt because they're all I can afford for the moment. My GS is 10.1 using the Gladiator Orb or 10.3 if I'm using my other orb (Orb of the Spirit Cave but it increases my Recovery and drops my Max HP so the Gladiator one is better for PvP).

Sometimes mixing two sets will give you a higher GS than a full set, especially if it's only a T1 set.

Edited to add: It depends on if you want to PvP or PvE honestly. High Recovery means your cooldowns will be shorter but you might want to sacrifice a bit of recovery to buff up your Max HP for PvP it'll help you live a little longer.