test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter and Linux..

verdonix1verdonix1 Member Posts: 658 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This may have been asked before, if so I was not here to see it...

I have a friend who wants to play and she runs a Linux machine... any compatibility??

Will it run on Fedora or Mint? I am not versed in Linux, so if I am using those terms wrong.... sorry..

Thanks in advance.
verd1.jpg
Post edited by verdonix1 on

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I do not think any support will be provided for the game to be installed and run natively in Linux - your best bet would be to either dual-boot or use something like WINE.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    thehuntress#2050 thehuntress Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Unless your friend can install a Windows emulator something to that affect I don't think there is.
  • Options
    jjlawjjlaw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No promises but it is said to work if it is installed using PlayOnLinux. Here is a link for a basic how to for it. http://kweepeer.wordpress.com/2013/05/04/play-neverwinter-mmo-on-linux/ Some of this my differ depending on which distro your friend is using. My advice would be to start with the link and also try the forums for the distro she is using. :D

Edit: Seems to be that low fps is a pretty common problem when running it on a Linux box.