test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earning Zen

sylveri0nsylveri0n Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Alright.... I will freely admit that I am dumb. I did not do my research before I did a purchase. Here's my experience, don't do what I did.

So I wanted to earn some Zen by using one of the offers they have on the earn Zen page. Hey, I need some ink cartridges for my printer. If I order some from the company listed, I will earn a good amount of Zen. Mistake number one, I didn't research the company listed. I should have know better but I assumed (yes I know), that they would be a reputable company. Well they aren't. After I made the purchase, didn't get my Zen, and used the complaint system for Perfect World, I realized that these companies aren't screened at all. I was basically told "oopse, sometimes we get bad companies". After that I read the reviews online for 1ink.com and my jaw dropped. Live and learn.
Post edited by sylveri0n on

Comments

• sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    question: is there a fine print that the zen will be delivered AFTER the purchase is process by X day? (which is typical for many of these offers so you can't back out and return the ink still get Zen)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • sylveri0nsylveri0n Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I didn't see any such fine print on this particular offer. The ones for things like credit cards have that fine print that says it may take 30 days for your account to be credited.
  • kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Before it's too late contact your bank to get your money back, since you did not receive what was promised.
    That is if you haven't all ready.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Had the same experience with the 1500zen credit score check thing. No zen and now god knows who has my credit card number, security pin, ss number and so on. A lack of proper vetting of companies PW does business with is what I would call an exploit on their part.
  • geargogglesgeargoggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Had the same experience with the 1500zen credit score check thing. No zen and now god knows who has my credit card number, security pin, ss number and so on. A lack of proper vetting of companies PW does business with is what I would call an exploit on their part.

I had no idea people actually did these...
    Ever wonder how those databases of stolen CC #s get filled?
    It's really not that big of mystery.

Don't use those darn things!
  • kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Credit card is whatever, can always cancel it if something goes wrong, even tho you should never do that.
    But why in holy hell would you put your SS number to a company you know little of. -.-;
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Why do people do these things.

Cancel your creditcard ASAP. YOu should never had to give them your PIN the cvv number maybe. That was a scam you never should EVER EVER EVER give out your PIN they dont even need you pin at all the security pin is only used at a retail place that has a chipcard reader. And at a bank machine.

I would cancel your creditcard ASAP. Go to your bank report to them what you did. Or your creditcard company whichever. Get a reputable place to do a credit check see if any other cards have been opened under your name and a detailed report.

What makes you think PW would vent any of the companies in that free zen deals. They dont even test things they add to the games.

Please cancel your card and get a new one plus do a check on your credit history from that day till now

What stupid joke this company is becoming i cant believe this. It should be against the law for them to do something like that. This is negligent on thier side and your side also for giving out that info
    edited July 2013
    And for the love of god, leave all the credit score checks to your bank. Never use any site to do it for you even if they advertise on TV.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    And for the love of god, leave all the credit score checks to your bank. Never use any site to do it for you even if they advertise on TV.

Yes i agree. Please my GF works for a bank get your card canceled asap and get a new one plus credit check to date.
  • nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    PW Cryptic have nothing to do with those companies.
    They have a partnership with Peanut Labs.
    Peanut labs is the one that gets the advertisers an offers not PW.

Many do pay out properly many are legit.
    As always it is up to the consumer to research and know what sems to good to be true probably is.

You never give Pin numbers, SS numbers, that is just asking for trouble and rather stupid
    no company needs that to process a Credit Card transaction.