Options

Seeking Review Trades: "Loricia's Little Problems" [w/Screenies!]

distortedilludistortedillu Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
llp10.gif

devious hilarious risque

@distortedillu | NW-DJKMIWKYJ

Est. Length: ~35 minutes
Mission type: Solo w/companion intended. Easy-moderate [w/progressive] difficulty. Boss fights may be challenging! *Tip: Bring standard supplies/pots.
Style: Humorous dialogue mixed with hack and slash dungeon questing! No lore/deep story-line. *Warning: Implied adult themes.
Tags: #HUMOR #BALANCED [ #COMBAT / #STORY ]

You spot a glitter-spackled 'Help Wanted' poster on a sign that reads:

Hail, dear adventurer! Please heed my call; this Damsel in Distress seeks a hero to save the day! A noble quest awaits the bold and adventurous... *wink* Come visit Loricia at 6942 Deekin Steet. I'll be waiting! <3

Highlights

Meet a host of interesting characters, such as:

bossll10.jpg

Explore unusual landscapes:

secgar10.jpg

mushll10.jpg

Note for trades:

*I prefer humor/stand-alone quests that are under 1 hour long.
*Must be solo-able!
*My rating system goes as follow:
1-star= exploit/troll map/unusable
2-star= needs serious work, critically flawed or bugged
3-star= can be completed, but has issues (typos/confusing plot-line or objectives)
4-star= nice quest with no glaring issues
5-star= perfectly constructed and enjoyable

With trades, because I do not want to damage the play-potential of your new quest, I will not rate your quest if it is less than a 4. Instead I will mail or post you a list of what I think could be improved upon. I would appreciate if trade-reviewers would do the same for me! This is my first foundry and has been beta'd by family/guild-mates--but I would love some outsider perspectives.
Post edited by distortedillu on

Comments

• Options
    groshiegroshie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Hey, I will gladly give yours a go, humor/story quests are what I like as well mostly! :)
    If you want to trade as well, then perhaps you could tell me what you think of "Rescue in Rainwall"? (Shortcode is in my signature!)
    Have fun!
    Rescue in Rainwall, ID: NW-DRQK3HKVV
    Chef's Challenge, ID: NW-DGTKIBVF3
    The Dreamfall Campaign, ID: NWS-DEB7Z9IJC (3 Quests)
    Ogre: For the win!, ID: NW-DR5O3PD63
    Cults and Culture, ID: NW-DCLSFYSQ2
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks so much Groshie! Am sending a PM now about 'Rescue in Rainwall' !

Anyone else for tradesies? :)
  • Options
    ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • Options
    winterswitchwinterswitch Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey Distorted.

I will run your quest today, and would appreciate your checking out "The Green Zone." Info is in my sig. Thanks. (I follow much the same rating scale as you, btw.)
    The Green Zone (NW-DP66H66F6): Train at a top-secret Goblin military installation.
    Hive Mind (NW-DN9YKEVUS): Get inside a crashed alien ship to discover its purpose.
    Absolute Zero (NW-DOVUXHT8P): Activate a massive teleportation machine to pursue an evil mastermind.
  • Options
    lrkqellalrkqella Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Happy to trade - I will run your quest tonight when I get home from work.

Info is in the sig and like winterswitch I will follow your rating scale.

Cheers

Knyght
    Bo Hemian's Rhapsody (NW-DMSNMLN9U) - Balance of combat, story, puzzles and exploration.
  • Options
    morithulemorithule Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm looking for folks to run through my first quest too. distortedillu, I'll check yours out in a little bit. :)

Something Stinks
    NW-DGLDE5BWV
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Winterswitch, I just finished the Greenzone and WOW AMAZING. I am sending you a pm with some critique :) [Check inbox in 5.]

Cheers,
    D.I.
  • Options
    winterswitchwinterswitch Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the run-through, Distorted. My private message inbox is acting up today, and I wasn't able to read all of your PM. Which gate wasn't behaving?
    The Green Zone (NW-DP66H66F6): Train at a top-secret Goblin military installation.
    Hive Mind (NW-DN9YKEVUS): Get inside a crashed alien ship to discover its purpose.
    Absolute Zero (NW-DOVUXHT8P): Activate a massive teleportation machine to pursue an evil mastermind.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The very last gate appears to be the rock you land on initially? [It took me a really long time to figure it out, hee hee.] Maybe switch the portal to the large green object by the dead bodies [as the green connotation will be very apparent for players].

Very brilliant quest, btw, Winter <3
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Keep in mind mail only works for folks on the same server.

Probably better to use forum pms.

(I won't participate because I'm more harsh about rating)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the advice Zah. And np about hesitation. I like to be supportive to other authors, esp newbies :D [And I know how much work it takes to make these things now, hee!]

Also, who do I owe reviews for now? Poke me if you have reviewed and I haven't answered you back. Thanks ^^
  • Options
    morithulemorithule Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That was fun! I loved the mushroom area. Excellent job on the half-breed styles. All of the mechanics seem to work well. The only bad thing I'll say about it is that the magical realm where you get Jobe's components feels a bit wide open and empty. I don't know, it just didn't feel quite right in there. Overall a great job. I rated it 5 stars. Thanks for sharing it! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thank you so much for the kind review, Morithule! I may tweak Jobe's realm as another had mentioned that as well. [I appreciate the feedback!]

Did you have a foundry you wanted me to run/review? :D

EDIT: I am a dumb-butt. I see you posted the link earlier. I will run 'Something Stinks' this very moment <3
  • Options
    mcwillmcwill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I will play your map as soon as I log on.

Foundry quests
    Part Time Job (NW-DEAU6OW29)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks, McWill :) I really appreciate it! I am stopping by your thread now to send my comments on 'Part Time Job' :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Still looking for more trades, if anyone has anything for me to run and would like to run mine in turn :D

Thanks everyone for your feedback ^^
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I will trade with you, however it will be tomorrow that I will do yours now. It's nearly 2am in the uk and I need to go to sleep. If you like comedy then A magical Mystery Tour is the one for you however it is pretty long 40mins to an hour I would say but it has had good comments from the small amount of plays it has had. Both need reviews so take your pick.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Sure thing :D I will check them both out, thanks so much!
  • Options
    groshiegroshie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Heh, did you ever re-visit Rainwall?
    Would like to hear your thoughts, if you did. :)

Edit:
    Also, awesome quest, well done! ;)
    Rescue in Rainwall, ID: NW-DRQK3HKVV
    Chef's Challenge, ID: NW-DGTKIBVF3
    The Dreamfall Campaign, ID: NWS-DEB7Z9IJC (3 Quests)
    Ogre: For the win!, ID: NW-DR5O3PD63
    Cults and Culture, ID: NW-DCLSFYSQ2
  • Options
    casekukcasekuk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Distortedillu,

I just finished your quest, and have to say it's one of the most enjoyable I have played in a while. The story is solid, the writing is great, and the locations are very well put together. The mushroom cave being a highlight! (I know how much effort you put into that too, as I have used the same map in one of my foundry's! Well done indeed it looks great!)

My only real critisism is the mansion itself where the kids live felt a bit 'empty'. I realise you were trying to show a poorer house, and while I respect that, a few more plants around the place would have been great :)
    Also, the last fight, really is a toughie! 2 hard encounters is that, in an enclosed space? I managed it with my 60 wizzy, but only just, maybe spawn a second encounter and make that a little harder (maybe a couple of adds?)

All in all, your quest was great, I will be subscribing for more. Thanks for the fun!

If you feel you could spare me 20 minutes of your time to run mine, it would be greatly appreciated.

Art (aka Casek)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Part 1: A Mysterious Portal: - NW-DIKGSOTWT
    Part 2: Into the forest: Out now - NW DAVOJC8N7
    Part 3: Through the portal: 50% Finished!
    Part 4: Lvl 113

Does YOUR FOUNDRY need more plays? Try this thread: Click here
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Casekuk, thanks for the review! I will definitely run your Foundry a little later today when my brain wakes up. ;) [And yes, the mushroom cave definitely took the most time. It's awesome when Foundry authors get the design because they've had to go through the same thing! Heee!]

Anton, I went through your quest late last night and am shooting you a private message about it!

Anyone else who traded me, please check your private messages. If you haven't heard from me or didn't get anything, poke me! I have saved the reviews in a word file.

Thanks everyone! With a few more plays, LLP will be eligible for the Daily quest (I believe)!

D.I.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    A little late with the review, but finished & sent you a pm Casekuk!

Thanks to everyone who has helped out! My quest now qualifies for the daily run. And I am still willing to do review trades! So hit me up :)
  • Options
    nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'll trade with ya. My quest is in my sig.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Nyghoma sent you a pm :) Was a really super cool quest!

Everyone: I am currently duo-ing with a guildmate of mine. This means 2 for 1 reviews [or at least 2 plays for 1 play] if you wish to trade with me! I do not have any control over his ratings, however---and he probably doesn't follow my rating scale.

So if you have a duo map, I am open to running those now!

Thanks to everyone for their support with LLP!
  • Options
    visualkeiukvisualkeiuk Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    I have your new quest on my list to do tomorrow; I am looking for mainly feedback on my other quest Sacred Heart NW-DECMTQMEA, as it has been left behind over The Wishing Ceremony.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And Sacred Heart Short Code: NW-DECMTQMEA

A video Review from visigoth18 you can watch it HERE Of Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony.

Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 27 mins.
    -=-
    Sacred Heart is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 16mins.
  • Options
    visualkeiukvisualkeiuk Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    Quest done, and reviewed, sorry it took a few days, I have a list of lots of quests to play,

And sorry was out of tips for the day, but enjoyed the story, keep up the work.

not much I could say, a bit more Deco in places, some maps was big, but when you look around only the main paths has action in it.
    and other maps could have been on one blank map, as there was lots of map changes. but nothing real big.

If you could review Sacred Heart Short Code: NW-DECMTQMEA any notes you have post HERE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And Sacred Heart Short Code: NW-DECMTQMEA

A video Review from visigoth18 you can watch it HERE Of Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony.

Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 27 mins.
    -=-
    Sacred Heart is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 16mins.