test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Baskets - Are they real?

groshiegroshie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
Hello everyone!
Just wondering... I spoke to another author yesterday who said he/she had been getting messages from people saying that a basket didn't appear in their quest. I tried it and I could clearly see it so I thought it was a one-time thing or something random in that quest maybe that got fixed in some patch.
Then, this morning - magically - I had a review saying that they couldn't see the baskets in one of my quests ("Ogre: For the Win!") so I'm just wondering... Is this a common problem? Is it a graphics glitch depending on your hardware/settings? Or is it just Yet Another Foundry Bug?
Also - Beware of placing quest-vital baskets in your quests until this is thoroughly investigated!

Oh, and keep being awesome all you authors out there! ;)
Rescue in Rainwall, ID: NW-DRQK3HKVV
Chef's Challenge, ID: NW-DGTKIBVF3
The Dreamfall Campaign, ID: NWS-DEB7Z9IJC (3 Quests)
Ogre: For the win!, ID: NW-DR5O3PD63
Cults and Culture, ID: NW-DCLSFYSQ2
Post edited by groshie on

Comments

• Options
    ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    They might have different details settings. Sometimes when you set it low, you can't see some detail, like flower patches haven't flowers (I mean, what the ***?) I think it is detailed environment or fx quality, dont remember now.

Perhaps that's it?
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, that is exactly it. You should text your quests on different graphics settings.
  • Options
    groshiegroshie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    Yeah, that is exactly it. You should text your quests on different graphics settings.

You mean I should test them on different graphics settings, in case the textures Cryptic make don't show?
    Seems a bit excessive even if I think I know what you mean.
    I'll bug report it for now though as some quests deserve a good basket or two.
    I really think all the details we have should be useable, no matter the setting. ;)
    Rescue in Rainwall, ID: NW-DRQK3HKVV
    Chef's Challenge, ID: NW-DGTKIBVF3
    The Dreamfall Campaign, ID: NWS-DEB7Z9IJC (3 Quests)
    Ogre: For the win!, ID: NW-DR5O3PD63
    Cults and Culture, ID: NW-DCLSFYSQ2
  • Options
    thalazar1thalazar1 Member Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    it might be something with the way they are made. a few items with the beige background in the resources list instead of a black back ground (items which go invis on 3d selection) have the same problem. I have a potion and an hour glass which seem to be doing the same thing, they are there but can not be seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Lost Keep NW-DS1XBAK7D An experiment Daily Foundry
    The Ruined Temple NW-DBHC7MUBL Latest and last one Daily Foundry
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think its the "interactive physics" baskets (the one with no preview / white background in the editor) that are the problem.

I think they don't show on lower graphics settings.

I know there are several lighting effects that only show on higher settings.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    nimmanunimmanu Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    You may have used one of those physics enabled baskets and the person probably kicked it. Once they kick it, it's no longer interactive, and it's easily kicked into a wall where they may not see it at all.
    Breaching the Swarm NW-DUXUHQWNP

Pick your side, take a stand, save--or kill--your former allies.
  • Options
    mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I know you can kick some objects (like Mossy Rock 08) through floors and walls, if they start out overlapping the floor or wall. But if they are placed properly, the should bounce off the walls. Might depend on the wall too, though.

In any case, you might want to surround them with invisible shields, or make an invisible clicky (which won't vanish and break your quest).
    DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
    The Cursed Emerald:
    1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
    2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4