test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what??? selling outgrown items with enchanted gems give you damages?

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
i took damages when i sold an item.

also it is very expensive to use astral to remove.
i cant afford the cost. it get bigger with each level and depend on what tier of those enchantment gems.

the way i see to avoid the cost or to counter the loss of astral gems is by doing founderys, skirmishes, and dungeons if i need more or to replace what i have loss by removing the gems.

whoever thought this up with severe penalities deserve to be tar and feathered. terrible concept that hurt newer players who barely play in 1 week timeframe, currently at 33 lvl and learning.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fabaelfabael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited July 2013
    You don't have to remove enchants you can overwrite them with a new enchant by just dragging the new enchant over the old one. Removing enchants is not worth it unless they are really high ranks.
  • bstbybstby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    wylonus wrote: »
    i took damages when i sold an item.

Most likely you have just lost those extra health points your items were giving you.
    Ranger.jpg
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Think long and hard about your enchants. The cost later on, to make them and remove them, is astronomical. I think Cryptic/PWE thinks they have a good way to earn ad in this game. The easiest way, if you're running dungeons when you get to 60, is be a guardian fighter. Run mad dragon repeatedly. Loot the stalwart helm. Then you can gear out. Do that, or pay out the nose.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • alkuzaralkuzar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dont worry about enchantments before lvl 60. You will change gear too much before that.
    And leveling goes fast enough, that enchanting before 60 isnt even needed.
    Wizard.jpg
    Alkuzar, Level 60 12k+ GS Control Wizard
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yeah, i noticed when i leveled so far and got newer tier gems, tier 3, so i sold all the tier 1 and 2's to make room in my packbags.
    getting into mid 30's really eat up packbags with newer potions and made me sold all those tier 1 potions, it pointless when boss mobs starting to do +2000k a hit.

yeah, i stop adding the gems after i found or get new loots as you folks suggested, thanks for info.
    now i am saving up astral gems.
    those removing method are insane and need to tone down the costs.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Its also worth noting that you don't have to remove the gems at all. Its really only useful for preserving very valuable ones.

You can replace gems simply by dragging a new one over the old one. There is no cost to do this. It will destroy the old gem, but it generally saves you tons of AD.