test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Simple Trickster Rogue Question.

yaubotyaubot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Does Impact Shot Remove Stealth when used?
Post edited by yaubot on

Comments

• Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Yes it does. It doesn't expend a charge though when used from stealth.
  • Options
    yaubotyaubot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    manholio wrote: »
    Yes it does. It doesn't expend a charge though when used from stealth.

Then is this a hack?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlpiimLKksA
  • Options
    yramragyramrag Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yaubot wrote: »

Looks more like Cloud of Steel rather than Impact Shot. And yes, rogue remained stealthed while shooting out Cloud of Steel - that's why many TR is using it during PvP. That's why what is in the video is unlikely Impact Shots.
  • Options
    stalesmokestalesmoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    looks like impact shot to me, with the "push" it does, now lag/latency/ping whatever could impact im guessing
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, that's Impact Shot. I don't think one shot will take you all the way out of stealth if you have a full meter, but two shots will deplete your meter for sure. Looks like some kind of bug or hack.
  • Options
    vdinh037vdinh037 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Most likely the TR was using Lurker's Assault when executing those impact shots.
    As LA does not remove you from stealth while executing skills.
    Also the damage on those impact shots were relatively high compared to normal impact shots. Hence, I believe those were LA's Impact Shots
  • Options
    l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vdinh037 wrote: »
    Most likely the TR was using Lurker's Assault when executing those impact shots.
    Also the damage on those impact shots were relatively high compared to normal impact shots. Hence, I believe those were LA's Impact Shots

This. It was LA.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Ah, good call.
  • Options
    stdem007stdem007 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013

when u use LA, and then use Impact shot, it does remove stealth, but since LA is still running, u regenerate Stealth so fast that u can Stealth very fast again, thus creating the effect of still being stealthed thx to server / gfx lag

cheerios,
    Young Bloodb
    Trickster Rogue
    We Chosen Few - Beholder

"You don't quit gaming because you grow old, you grow old because you quit gaming"
  • Options
    ujavcadujavcad Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    I do this myself with Lurker's Assault, I think you can even do Lashing Blade and remain in stealth, will try today and confirm..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    stdem007 wrote: »
    when u use LA, and then use Impact shot, it does remove stealth, but since LA is still running, u regenerate Stealth so fast that u can Stealth very fast again, thus creating the effect of still being stealthed thx to server / gfx lag

cheerios,

I have a 11.3k TR full T2 gears with CN MH and OH and also been playing since open beta. I also have a 11.3k CW so yea I am pretty experienced.

So I can vouch for this when I say LA DOES NOT remove you from stealth when executing skills. However, you need a specific class feature for this to work.

But other than that I totally agree with you on the basic functions of LA.
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    So with lurkers up, he won't use any charges?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    So with lurkers up, he won't use any charges?

According to Wiki:

"Impact Shot
    Encounter
    40'range
    166-166 Physical Damage
    Attack your opponent from a medium range,Pushing them slightly.

This skill has 3 encounter charges.
    Stealth: Briefly Stuns the target, and costs no charges."

I have never really used Impact Shot but if the skill is working as intended then yes he won't use any charges when hes under LA (Under proper build).

Has anyone have a say on this or confirmation on this?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    According to Wiki:

"Impact Shot
    Encounter
    40'range
    166-166 Physical Damage

I have never really used Impact Shot but if the skill is working as intended then yes he won't use any charges when hes under LA (Under proper build).

When he's in stealth, not just under LA.
  • Options
    jwiechersjwiechers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So I can vouch for this when I say LA DOES NOT remove you from stealth when executing skills. However, you need a specific class feature for this to work.

It's kind of randomish, though, which is why I have always considered it a race condition bug.
    My thinking is that it should technically remove you from stealth (as it sometimes does, especially if you do not have the feat granting you extended stealth duration), but that the "faster-than-depletion-rate"-build-up of stealth while in LA-Mode usually "outpaces" the conditional checking whether your stealth meter is used up, thereby allowing you to stay in stealth.
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    According to Wiki:

"Impact Shot
    Encounter
    40'range
    166-166 Physical Damage

I tested it in game, it appears to use charges when lurkers is up and your in stealth. The icon for impact shot may be a little buggy though, or maybe I'm just not used to looking at it since I haven't used the skill much.

Could perhaps be bugged, or working as intended I have no clue. Might be coded so that you lose a charge unless you leave stealth after using it or something.

I could be wrong about it using charges, I think that's what's happening though.
  • Options
    thunderxbearthunderxbear Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    From what I saw the first death was to Impact shot, for sure, just based off of the ~10k damage and push. The reason you might not have seen him is due to positioning. He may have been behind, or even possibly above (although that does seem like a reach on the pillar, i've had that and shadowstrike hit much futher than it should have due to latency, i think)

The second time, he weakened you up with cloud of steel, and when he did finish you off with Impact shot, I did see him leave stealth.

As the video started, I almost expected to see a video of my origional spec. I could down GFs (if not blocking or behind), cws, and trs with 5-6 daggers. lol. Not the case here though.