test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Teleporting/Leaping MoBs and Bosses making a mockery of Melee class characters.

drquinchdrquinch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Yup title pretty much says it all.

Noticed an over reliance on this mechanic to "mix things up". However for melee class (notably GF with no fast dodge) it ends up a "running around the map looking more like the end credits of an episode of Benny Hill" more than anything else.

A CW can lock down a MoB (but not a boss), and having just got to the end boss in the Wolfen Dungeon I can say I've never felt more redundant in game yet. Yet again we end up with a Ranged Class friendly game. Come on Cryptic, having played both STO and CO to death I KNOW you can deliver better than this?
Post edited by drquinch on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The at-will for GFs that allow you to dash to targets helps a lot, but I agree... for instance, the Trevon Blackdagger fight from Cragmire Crypts is very frustrating as a GF.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • skarsysskarsys Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree. Way too many disconnects on many fights in the game, which really hurts melee. Not only constantly moving and teleporting Bosses, but also those with many aoes around them nearly all the time.

Add to that players using unneeded knockbacks at the worst possible time, just when you are building up your damage.

Le Sigh
  • exarkun007exarkun007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 113 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Then you'll be really mad when you hear that GFs aren't good for anything at 60 other than PvP :)
  • hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    L2P = Learn To Play

You guys who agree with this thread will be hearing that a lot if not already.
  • kierlakxkierlakx Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hurk97 wrote: »
    L2P = Learn To Play

You guys who agree with this thread will be hearing that a lot if not already.

Knowing how to play doesn't make it any less of a terrible mechanic. Melee has to do too much running around already just from their own team bouncing mobs around for no real reason.