test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rogue so broke-it is ruining the game

thegreeblerthegreebler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Literally. People talk about how it isn't broken.

So I go alright, After all resistance to doing it, I rolled mine.

3 hours im lvl 22.

Makes playing ANY other class a waste of time.

Cant believe they would do this. Total oversight by the devs. But hey Clerics lost their shield of immortality, I am sure rogues will lose their shroud of PWN ALL. But until that time, Ill be ganking on my rogue.

I guess the thing to remember is despite it being launch already; all mmo first 18 months the game aint mature yet. It is unfinished.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Okay so what I read into what you are saying is.

"I'm leveling up too fast, you devs need to put in more time wasting aspects so that I level up slower, like reduce experience gains for quests and make it so that we have to grind on monsters to gain experience we are not getting from quest rewards. Since quest rewards will eventually run out since they have reduced them. We now need to farm experience by running foundry quests over and over to make up the difference."

"The rogue is so OP that it has been nerfed six times already but hey it is still over powered even though im only level 22 I think it still owns in level 60 pvp so hey Devs you need to nerf the rogue again because it's way over powered from my experience."

You are just another carebear complainer.
  • Options
    baxxtardbaxxtard Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dunno wtf are you talking abou cause TR are just too easy for my gwf, now cw thoose could loose one ability or too, not dmg just the feature as thoose graboids and push and whatsoever.
  • Options
    thegreeblerthegreebler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    baxxtard wrote: »
    Dunno wtf are you talking abou cause TR are just too easy for my gwf, now cw thoose could loose one ability or too, not dmg just the feature as thoose graboids and push and whatsoever.

Yeah right.

Just 6 hours into TR and Im lvl 30.

I bet when im done ill crit you for 29k from stealth, and you wont even last the other two hits.

When my guys come to Neverwinter and we make a rogues only guild and while you think it may be gimp.. communication and experience to changing situations are what decide win/fail in a team sport.

5 mofos that can stealth and crit for 20+ k and stun like mad dogs, all on voice; all with hundreds of hours experience rolling and winning 9/10 times; there would be no competition.

Perhaps we are lucky there isn't a real benefit or cause or method in this pvp. Cause if the hardcore guys come... you wont enter the field; and if you do it without a premade it would be a mistake. But then, most people do it for the AD daily, and not to win:)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    well dude, 1on1 regardeless how much experienced you are vs a half decent gwf you dont stand a chance, bla bla much as you want its a fact. Now if you planning going 5on1 as you mentioned you dont need TR any other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> char fits for the job.
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    someone levels 2 hours faster then me
    "THAT IS BROKEN OMGOMG DEVS PLIZ FIX"

yeah, sure
    stop whining, learn to play
  • Options
    sneakyervinsneakyervin Member Posts: 101
    edited July 2013
    Comparing class balance out of a who-can-level-the-fastest perspective... just wow, thats amazing trolling.

If we go by that field of thought I'll have to say nerf CW or GWF since I leveled those faster than my rogue. Nevermind they were leveled later on when I knew where everything was like the back of my hand.

And OP, good luck rolling and winning vs GFs and GWFs that have basic knowledge of their class.

Imho all classes are currently fairly balanced. There is always a class that will give another class a hard time, just like that class gives another class a hard time. But there are no rock, papers or scissors here, every class can beat any other class, and PvP is afterall very team based. If one guy lacks, 20% of your team is lacking.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Comparing class balance out of a who-can-level-the-fastest perspective... just wow, thats amazing trolling.

If we go by that field of thought I'll have to say nerf CW or GWF since I leveled those faster than my rogue. Nevermind they were leveled later on when I knew where everything was like the back of my hand.

And OP, good luck rolling and winning vs GFs and GWFs that have basic knowledge of their class.

Imho all classes are currently fairly balanced. There is always a class that will give another class a hard time, just like that class gives another class a hard time. But there are no rock, papers or scissors here, every class can beat any other class, and PvP is afterall very team based. If one guy lacks, 20% of your team is lacking.

This
    /Close thread
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

this as i became more familiar with my GF the ones that have fight with me can also tell that i do not that bad in pvp or pve and i am somehow decent (not pro but decent) so only in few intances i lose1 vs 1 and usually vs a GWF most of the time they really need to use 2 to kill and the CW and TR combo XD 2 knifes sucks lol however i can tell that taking out clerics otherclasses are balanced, i think DC need more healing power since they remove the shield, that will balance them out fairly in pvp and pve (also with the heal increase they will have a little more DPS but never like the other classes).

i did lv up my GF like you like 3 hours for lv 20, so i think is good to say that once you know what to do you can lv up really fast in this game
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

When my guys come to Neverwinter and we make a rogues only guild and while you think it may be gimp.. communication and experience to changing situations are what decide win/fail in a team sport.

5 mofos that can stealth and crit for 20+ k and stun like mad dogs, all on voice; all with hundreds of hours experience rolling and winning 9/10 times; there would be no competition.

Lol until you come up against a team of 5 Sent. GWF's and then the only thing your stealth will do is allow you to exit your spawn point and get killed at a capture point rather than as soon as you jump down...
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I found that I leveled up a lot faster on my GWF than on my TR. The TR can dish out some serious single target damage, but the AoE of the GWF makes mission trash disappear really quickly. Both are fun, and both level up fast. I actually think that this game is just a bit to heavy on the XP. They should slow down the XP gain by a decent amount, give us more time to play at each level and reduce the feeling of racing up the levels too fast.
  • Options
    velsparwisen1velsparwisen1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The annoyance of seeing a GWF going Unstoppable, healing with temp hp and then sprinting away is only topped by a perma stealth rogue and the sound of blades flying through the air.
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The annoyance of seeing a GWF going Unstoppable, healing with temp hp and then sprinting away is only topped by a perma stealth rogue and the sound of blades flying through the air.

if you see unstoppable best think you can do is run XD and attack other player XD till that ended XD unless you need to hit him to also recover hp XD lol and for roguez well look aroun dodge and then hit kill, GF block and do the same Xd both can be killed you only nee dto know how, only problem right now is the full perma inmune bug on some TR they found a was to do perma dodge that gives them full inmunity and only tene enchant can damage them
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Lemme tell u something son. TR is garbage, it's a PvE Last boss clearing char.

For pvp u want GF\GWF. We roll 5 GF perma prone fest premade... pretty fun when ppl stay on the ground or in the air 100% of the time outside their own campfire. All Conquerors. We have one protector thou.... funny guy... facetanks 5 ppl at their base and they cant kill them cause he has 100% uptime on Supremacy of Steel so ppl just kill themselves.

Talk about OP? easy:
    GWF - huge HP pool\ HP Regen\ Sentinel Build 48% demage resist, 46% deflect chance\ Titan Scrapper gear\ Reaping strike. Almost unkillable 3 vs 1.

GF Conqueror - Huge HP pool\ HP regen\ Conqueror build ~20k power 50% damage resist 30% deflect chance\ Bulwark Set\ perma prone rotation\ Infinite At-will gap closer\ Very hard to kill even 2 vs 1.

GF Protector - Same as Conqueror except their is no way to kill him even 5 vs 1. 100% uptime on Supremacy of Steel makes attacking him a suicide.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This looks like a disguised pvp whine but I will bite: what class does not get to 25 in 3 hours after you know how to play the game??? The only one I can think of is GWF, who has nothing but garbage skills for the first 25 or 30 levels (some of these skills are nice but they lack what the gwf needs early on which is a weak trash clearing aoe and a strong hulk/enforcer/hexer/etc killing encounter set). I could level any of the others up this fast.... and I have --- I used to farm by leveling up new toons then delete and repeat (you get 1 of each type of profession dude to sell in the AH which was 2k each in the AH or 10k, a profession pack in the graveyard, and some other stuff). Ironic but the GF is the fastest to 20 due to the powerful at will cleave...
  • Options
    taffieztaffiez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Rogue are not broken
  • Options
    fresh0utlawfresh0utlaw Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I must agree that rogues are fun. They are fun because I win. I started off with a DC and then a GWF and both of them had their moments but each seemed to fall short a lot, but not the rogue. I can only speak PVE here but rogues win and that’s why I find them fun. Watching the mobs twitch until they run out of health, watching those bosses melt under the fury of a single hit, watching whole groups fall to pieces under a simple set of attacks, its glorious.

Some encounters I enter remembering how hard they were when I faced them as a DC or a GWF. I remember how tough that mage was or how dangerously annoying all those red-cone spammer were. Then I cut them all down as if they weren’t even there. Loot flies through the air and I just have to run around and collect it.

It really struck me when I was thinking about how annoying it was to have to run around so much picking up loot, they should have something that does that for me. It was then, with an internal grip about how much money lay on the ground, that I understood that Rogue was the way to go, faster, more powerful and more versatile.

So I can’t say if they are broken but when I play a rogue, I win. I win and the mobs don’t have a chance. Not even a little chance. They just detonate into loot. Boss mobs only get to hang around because I try out new moves on them. Other mobs can’t even make it through one rotation. When I get a new power I have to go find a boss that will live long enough to use that power on. Is that broken? Is that intended?

On a side note, the mods here have been cracking down on picture only posts. Apparently they would prefer you use a thousand words.

P.S. This is only 340 words and so I fail.
  • Options
    coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    if u crit a GWF for 29k i will send u 10k zen
  • Options
    demonoidzardemonoidzar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You don't even have to play the game just login 3 times a day and pray and you will level up real fast.
  • Options
    s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    coglover wrote: »

I'll do it, Lurker>stealth>perfect vorpal>lash> up to 60k crits on tanks. Send me pm ingame when rdy. Carnage@s3z3.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • Options
    maxibestmaxibest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited July 2013

lol mang u gonna have 2 pay, 29k isnt that hard for a rogue with top gear
  • Options
    meeggtoastmeeggtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

I Hit a 33k with a gwf does that count?
    Lurker>Stealth> Regular Vorpal> Lashing.

Wheres my 10k Zen?
    Nevermore@meeggtoast 12.2 BiS TR
    Lanaya@meeggtoast 13.4 BiS GWF
    Shendelzare@meeggtoast 11.2k CN mule CW

Server: Dragon
    Stream: meeggtoast
    Guide: Meeggtoast's Destroyer Dps Guide
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    you know what, nerf Lashing Blade! I don't care... I don't use it OR Shocking Execution. all these "big hit" complaints seem to be fostered by that. Tell you what, take Lashing blade but give me unstoppable or something else cool then :P
  • Options
    llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    dPCD488.png
    http://i.imgur.com/dPCD488.png

qb5oNdB.png
    http://i.imgur.com/qb5oNdB.png

OMG OMG Rogues so broken! NERF NERF NERF

Learn to play and quit whining. Every class has broken OP specs, gear, and builds. Every class can cheese and destroy n00bs by CC locking and 1,2, or 3 shot.

I hate it how mods move these QQ threads into the TR section when they could've easily just moved it to the Lower Depths where they belong.