test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

11k+ GS for Frozen Heart

rictor77rictor77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi, maybe it's me, but a lot of folks on Dragon Server seem to want individuals who have a GS of 11k for FH. At the same time, I see people asking for 10k for Spider. GS, doesn't automatically make you do more dps than someone who is of a lower GS, nor does it take into player skill.

I feel that people who ask for such a high GS on "easy" runs like FH are looking to speed by stuff, and rely on gear to carry them rather than skill. My main, a DC went through everything this game has by farming dungeons; Spider, CN etc. (non-exploit). When the game first launched people did not have 10k+ GS they were at the minimum. Yet, it seems as if people feel that without a high GS for a low T2 - it can't happen.

Sorry for the rant!
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."
"Life is too important to be taken seriously.":)
Post edited by rictor77 on

Comments

• farfig1337farfig1337 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I just got kicked from a group not 5 minutes ago in CN for Not using Greater Plague fire Enchant and not Having full Avatar of War set even though I'm a 12.4k GS GWF.

You cant do a dungeon in thos game without first buying every piece of gear the dugneon drops
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rictor77 wrote: »
    I feel that people who ask for such a high GS on "easy" runs like FH are looking to speed by stuff, and rely on gear to carry them rather than skill.

You can tell how good someone's gear is by their gear score. You can't tell how skillful they are without having played with them before.

Would you rather have someone with the gear to carry them(may or may not be skilled) or a person who doesn't have the gear to carry them(may or may not be skilled)? Remember that a failed run is a waste of an hour.

What's annoying, though, is that gear score doesn't take into account what stats are best for certain setups. Stacking power on a Conqueror feat Guardian Fighter gives HUGE gear score(13-14k), while Protector or Tactician tank Guardian Fighters can only get around 9.8k-10.5k gear score. Guess which build gets invited more often, no matter that they are inferior tanks?
    farfig1337 wrote: »
    I just got kicked from a group not 5 minutes ago in CN for Not using Greater Plague fire Enchant and not Having full Avatar of War set even though I'm a 12.4k GS GWF.

Getting kicked for not having Avatar of War set is garbage. It's not even a very good set. 2 piece Vigilant and 2 piece Avatar is far superior.
  • notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You cant do a dungeon in thos game without first buying every piece of gear the dugneon drops

This begs the question: If the players have already bought the best gear then wth are they farming the dungeon for??
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This begs the question: If the players have already bought the best gear then wth are they farming the dungeon for??

Profit, of course. Here's on example: I'm on Mindflayer, and the current price of the Stalwart Helm (GF) goes for about 500k AD (Found in Lair of the Mad Dragon). Not bad for an hours worth of work, right?

By the way, FH is such an easy Epic DD, and I'm not even that good of a player. Get a GF with into the Fray to run circles around the last two bosses, marking everything in sight. Have a DC toss him a Healing Word from time to time, and the bosses go down quick-fast-and-in-hurry.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • bstbybstby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

For gear to sell on AH.

Sincerely yours, Captain Obvious.
    Ranger.jpg
  • exarkun007exarkun007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 113 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    What's a GF?
  • rictor77rictor77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

What's annoying, though, is that gear score doesn't take into account what stats are best for certain setups. Stacking power on a Conqueror feat Guardian Fighter gives HUGE gear score(13-14k), while Protector or Tactician tank Guardian Fighters can only get around 9.8k-10.5k gear score. Guess which build gets invited more often, no matter that they are inferior tanks?

Excellent point!
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
    "Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
    "Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously.":)
  • kerrigan666kerrigan666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited July 2013
    Do people who post these "anti-elitist" threads realize how pointless it is? Do you really think a guy with the mentality you describe is gonna read this and suddenly gonna say "oh i'm gonna start pugging 9k people now".

Also, the eternal argument: skill>GS. It's a PUG. Player skill can be in a guy with or without good gear. So, you can "roll the dice" and get a complete stranger into your group with bad gear or take your chances with a well geared guy. Gee, I wonder what a reasonable guy would choose.

Last, I have NEVER not invited a guy with low GS, even in CN. All I ask for in zone chat is experience. Guess what? I invite a 10k guy that tells me that has plenty of experience and turns out to be his first time after he is forced to admit that getting carried the whole run. People are willing to lie their way into getting invited into a experienced group so maybe I should start being "that guy" that has ridiculous demands so other people like the OP can complain about it.

P.S. You don't like these so called elitists? Ignore them and go make your own group. If you are true to your statements, you won't ask for GS either and you can make a 9k(or less) average party GS run and see how it turns out for you. After all, we all agree it's skill that matters right?

Edit: Conqueror spec is by far the best choice for GF. It can tank everything while also having enormous dps. If you are not conqueror, you are just bad. Your complaints to cryptic.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Play with your guild or with your friends :/
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • realborealbo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As much as I agree with you, it's a moot point to bring up this issue. Most pugs have sheep mentality. They've been told from the start that GS is a good gauge of skill. However, GS is important to a certain degree due to the fact that it reflects your stats. If you gears are bad, no matter how good you are, your output will mostly likely be bad as well.

Just get a guild and never pug again.
    Admiralsig.png
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Edit: Conqueror spec is by far the best choice for GF. It can tank everything while also having enormous dps. If you are not conqueror, you are just bad. Your complaints to cryptic.

Haven't seen a Conqueror spec GF that can outlive my Tactician Spec GF, even when I have Knight's Valor on.

If I had a nickle for how many T2 runs I never died as my Tactician GF, I'd buy a mansion.
    If I had a nickle for how many times my Destroyer spec GWF has had to revive a 12-15k Conq GF, I'd buy a mansion for my mansion.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    Elitist people are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Seriously...
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rictor77 wrote: »
    Hi, maybe it's me, but a lot of folks on Dragon Server seem to want individuals who have a GS of 11k for FH. At the same time, I see people asking for 10k for Spider. GS, doesn't automatically make you do more dps than someone who is of a lower GS, nor does it take into player skill.

I feel that people who ask for such a high GS on "easy" runs like FH are looking to speed by stuff, and rely on gear to carry them rather than skill. My main, a DC went through everything this game has by farming dungeons; Spider, CN etc. (non-exploit). When the game first launched people did not have 10k+ GS they were at the minimum. Yet, it seems as if people feel that without a high GS for a low T2 - it can't happen.

Sorry for the rant!

exactly correct.
  • darsik5454darsik5454 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What I find funny is that I have logged in opened my character sheet and watched my gearscore change and not just by a little by a thousand or more. Even had a party form and not be able to queue for something because gear score was to low then 2 seconds later he could. It's not that I had just logged on was on for a few minutes checked my repair kits healing pots did my professions etc etc. got in a group and opened my character sheet did not change any gear just watched my GS vary from 8 to 10.5k back and forth.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Last, I have NEVER not invited a guy with low GS, even in CN. All I ask for in zone chat is experience. Guess what? I invite a 10k guy that tells me that has plenty of experience and turns out to be his first time after he is forced to admit that getting carried the whole run. People are willing to lie their way into getting invited into a experienced group so maybe I should start being "that guy" that has ridiculous demands so other people like the OP can complain about it.

Well, duh.

IF people only ever take someone who has run the dungeon loads of times before, of course you're forcing people to lie, otherwise they'd never get into any freaking dungeons. None of the fights are rocket surgery, and if you're so ADHD that you can't spare a minute before a boss fight to explain anything unusual, then that says more about what a lousy individual you are, than anyone else.

Right now, in order for a new player to get into dungeons, the route is essentially to buy all the gear, and lie your way into enough groups that you get a chance to see what's going on. This is all because of delightful individuals like you with their "LF2M DPS SPELL 10K+ GS EXP FAST RUN!".

(Oh yeah, and don't get me started on "fast run", aka "exploiting every single map hole and glitch that you can find", so it becomes more of a platform game for cheating weasels than a dungeoncrawl. A halfway decent group can chew through anything reasonably fast, barring CN. Often it's as fast as all the faffing about recovering from people dying when glitching, doors/chests not opening etc., too. CN is a bit of an exception, because there is so much trash with so many HP- but then there is a nice "throw stuff off the edge" mechanic that can save sanity there. I report people who glitch through the map now, and hope they get what's coming to them.)
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    ...I report people who glitch through the map now, and hope they get what's coming to them.)

I don't think Cryptic has ever banned anyone for more than 72 hours for map exploits, so i doubt any exploiters will mind too much...
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I don't think Cryptic has ever banned anyone for more than 72 hours for map exploits, so i doubt any exploiters will mind too much...

I am not sure, a lot seem to have an attention span of about twelve seconds, and explode into sweary rageballs even if someone needs to brb for a ninja bio- 72 hours might just cause an aneurysm.
  • kerrigan666kerrigan666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited July 2013
    Haven't seen a Conqueror spec GF that can outlive my Tactician Spec GF, even when I have Knight's Valor on.

If I had a nickle for how many T2 runs I never died as my Tactician GF, I'd buy a mansion.
    If I had a nickle for how many times my Destroyer spec GWF has had to revive a 12-15k Conq GF, I'd buy a mansion for my mansion.

The extra survivability of the other paths only covers bad GF that can't move out of AOE/block or if you are using knight's valor your party's inability to dodge as well. If you need to have a bad build to make up for lack of skill then so be it. If I had a nickle for every time I've had to carry people through a cn run i'd be rich as well. If you are good you will never die at conqueror spec, while still being top or at the very least second in dps.
  • erikiki1erikiki1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Don't go full Avatar of War set, the power+rec bonus for 4 seconds ain't even worth it
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I almost never die as a conqueror, heck, even when i WANT to die... people laughs on how long takes for mobs to kill me... problem with melee classes (GWF/TR/GF in that order) is that a lot of kids and unexperienced players choose those by default, theyre easy and you can steamroll the content without breaking a sweat, then at 60 buy a t1 set and purple weaponry and youre geared for t2... you have no idea on how to play your toon in team work, you are usually bad built as a toon, and as game is so easy before t2 you just are not used to the "new game" that are the t2 dungs...

But well this is happening and is just a matter to adapt to it, pugs adapt being elitist on score because even if you dont know if they have the skill at least you know they have the stats... and the "exp" label can be avoided by just saying "hi, im not experienced in this dung, but i am a quick learner and i'm skilled", a few hours ago i pugged a FH by the queue sistem 3 mins before delves ended...
    the first boss crushed the group badly, serious wipe... i regrouped the guys, gave a couple of tips on roles and skills to use and how to play their toons... and the rest of the dungeon was smooth for a newbies group in fh... some people has the patience some dont,man up and get used to it!

Btw 2 days ago i had the other side of pugging, got invited by 4 guildies that had a spot left for a tank, went to pirates(a preclear run) and we cleared the whole dungeon in 24-25 min, soooo fast that we had to wait a few mins to do the delves reconect thingy...
    but when we did the game throw our DC out of game... and out of party... so we had no option but to 4 man pirate king boss with no DC... and we did almost easily by good teamwork and rightful use of our toons and skills... so you can find bad and great pugs...
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    erikiki1 wrote: »
    Don't go full Avatar of War set, the power+rec bonus for 4 seconds ain't even worth it

Agreed. The best GWF armor combination right now is Avatar of War 2 pcs + Vigilant Warlord's 2 pcs + Ancient Castle Greatsword + Knot (this set will cost you around 3.5M - 4.M AD depending on server market).
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Do people who post these "anti-elitist" threads realize how pointless it is? Do you really think a guy with the mentality you describe is gonna read this and suddenly gonna say "oh i'm gonna start pugging 9k people now".

Also, the eternal argument: skill>GS. It's a PUG. Player skill can be in a guy with or without good gear. So, you can "roll the dice" and get a complete stranger into your group with bad gear or take your chances with a well geared guy. Gee, I wonder what a reasonable guy would choose.

P.S. You don't like these so called elitists? Ignore them and go make your own group. If you are true to your statements, you won't ask for GS either and you can make a 9k(or less) average party GS run and see how it turns out for you. After all, we all agree it's skill that matters right?

Pretty much this ^
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
    edited July 2013
    Pretty much this ^

QTF ... just let the elitist be with their kind of attitude they will soon have a rapidly shrinking pool of players to play with and then they will quit and come to the forums to dis the game. I don't care about speed runs or gear score. I would take in anyone who can play their class well and can listen to directions.
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    QTF ... just let the elitist be with their kind of attitude they will soon have a rapidly shrinking pool of players to play with and then they will quit and come to the forums to dis the game. I don't care about speed runs or gear score. I would take in anyone who can play their class well and can listen to directions.

As would I so long as the game lets me queue them into the dungeon (as in have the minimum to be allowed to queue). Skill > gear score.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • loverboyusaloverboyusa Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    am I allowed to play because I have 13k GS :/
    happy days!
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dungeons are to hard so ppl wish to have op ppl with op gear in team
  • pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Well, duh.

IF people only ever take someone who has run the dungeon loads of times before, of course you're forcing people to lie, otherwise they'd never get into any freaking dungeons. None of the fights are rocket surgery, and if you're so ADHD that you can't spare a minute before a boss fight to explain anything unusual, then that says more about what a lousy individual you are, than anyone else.

Right now, in order for a new player to get into dungeons, the route is essentially to buy all the gear, and lie your way into enough groups that you get a chance to see what's going on. This is all because of delightful individuals like you with their "LF2M DPS SPELL 10K+ GS EXP FAST RUN!".

Well said.
  • zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

You haven't? I can tank CN mobs forever in Conq.