test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gear Score questions...

jeepinjeepin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Are gear scores computed using an actual formula ie. x-power = y-points. Because I see swapping out similar pieces of gear (same tier) can dramatically change your score. And is a higher gear score realistically beneficial or is it irrelevant? So when you see people shouting 13K CW LFG, does it really matter? I am currently at 13K as a GF, but I wonder if I change gear around would it be better or worse for tanking... Do I focus on the actual stats or the gear score? Is the gear score an accurate gauge of the equipment being used?

Is space finite or infinite?
Post edited by jeepin on

Comments

• loverboyusaloverboyusa Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    Gear score is based solely on stats that actually affect the format of the class. Aka power crit armor pen on TR, defence deflection hp on GF. The more stats you get filled like if you had 3000 power 2000 crit and 0 armor pen then your gear score would be less than if you had 2500 power 1500 crit and 1000 armor pen. Feats will also affect your GS.
    happy days!
  • jeepinjeepin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Interesting. I'd love to see the theory-craft on it in order to min/max more effectively. And to just see how the formulas work.
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    as for Gear score for people that are looking specific GS you are good for all parties if you have 12k the rest is a bonus XD however some will tell you that is better for you to use the best equip that will follow the way you want to play even if that means having a GS of 10k and i do agree with however elitist players probably do not want to have a 10k player for CN even if you have the skills because they do not know you, so play wth firends or a guild if you go that path XD
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Gear score is based solely on stats that actually affect the format of the class. Aka power crit armor pen on TR, defence deflection hp on GF. The more stats you get filled like if you had 3000 power 2000 crit and 0 armor pen then your gear score would be less than if you had 2500 power 1500 crit and 1000 armor pen. Feats will also affect your GS.

Yeah... Pretty sure that isn't true.

http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(Astha@mutantdemocracy)/charactersheet

If you notice, I have 3,763 defense and 2,319 deflection on my GF. She also actually has 29,800 health that doesn't show up. Her Gear score is only 10.4k. This is because she uses Tactician feats.

A Conq GF with a sizable amount of power gains 13-15k GS, due to having double the power at full guard bar from the end feat. They usually have far inferior defensive stats to mine, too.