test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BiS CW armor set?

h0tpajamash0tpajamas Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Library
Was looking for opinions for a pve/pvp mage build and if people thought the Gauntlrym gear set (champions) is better than the high vizier set.

Difference in stats is the champions gives 576 ArP and 2300 HP while the vizier set gives 576 regen&deflect. Was leaning toward the champions but the 4 set bonus is stumping me as to which overall set is actually better.

Looking for a second opinion on the two, the arp seems nice but the hard cap can be reached with just enchants and a stone also. Would the Chapions set provide more versatolity in my enchants used? While not taking the deflect and regen stats?
Post edited by h0tpajamas on

Comments

• velsparwisen1velsparwisen1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Your playstyle and choice of gear might be affected by the spells you use the most.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?387971-Control-Powers-Which-are-they

When I wore 4pc HV for the first time I felt shoehorned into using certain spells to gain the buff.
  • h0tpajamash0tpajamas Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Your playstyle and choice of gear might be affected by the spells you use the most.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?387971-Control-Powers-Which-are-they

When I wore 4pc HV for the first time I felt shoehorned into using certain spells to gain the buff.

I generally run steal time, icy terrain, entangling force and shield in dungeons so gerting the buff isn't a big deal. Does having that buff up more often out-weigh the benefits of the 4 set bonus and stats from the champion set
  • omnicidalg0domnicidalg0d Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2013
    high vizier melt /thread
  • exarkun007exarkun007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 113 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Carry SW and HV. Wear HV is groups that may not be armpen capped, wear SW otherwise. I also use HV for soloing.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It really depends on your playstyle and whether you primarily PVP or PVE.

The GG set is one of the best for CN, High Viz works well in PVP.

To be honest, you can't go that much wrong with either the Gauntlgrym set, High Viz set or Shadow Weaver set. All 3 are good sets
  • kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    exarkun007 wrote: »
    Carry SW and HV. Wear HV is groups that may not be armpen capped, wear SW otherwise. I also use HV for soloing.
    Lol'd.
    HV increase your damage even if you already capped in arp.
  • exarkun007exarkun007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 113 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    We've gotten more damage from 2 SW/1 HV in our 3 CW CN groups. By carrying both, I am more flexible. Yes it's more work to gem 2 2 sets, but really, what else is there to do?