test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVP: SF or DF?

ambrosia10ambrosia10 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
So I've heard lots of people tell me that DF is GREAT for PVP. I've tried it, and to tell you the truth, I have no idea why people say it's so great. I don't understand what exactly makes it so much better than SF. Can somebody give the pros and cons of both?
Post edited by ambrosia10 on

Comments

• Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    DF sucks for PVP cause of the slow animation
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    DF isn't very good in pvp. Maybe good against newbs I don't know.

Issue is, the animation for DF is slow and very obvious and it's quite easy to avoid the 3rd hit. It can be good against GF or GWF in a sense, but you'll have to go toe to toe with them using DF and that usually isn't going to work in your favor. You can probably get a DF bleed on them while ITC is up before they CC and kill you.

I play a scoundrel rogue, so I use SF. Not sure if what executioner rogues are doing, but most seem to use CoS and encounter powers more than DF or SF from what I've seen in pugs.

HTH
  • Options
    fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I used to use SF for PvP, but since I almost never used it I switched back to DF.

DF is awesome vs GWF/GF, pop ITC and tank their knockdowns/knockbacks while applying DF.

Won't work against great players, but most just stand there and take it.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    DF in PVP domination matches really stinks just due to the long animation and getting you stuck in it and unable to do anything really until the animation is done. In the GG PVP matches, its better there if its a hoard of them around, you basically cant miss.

SF is the best in pvp because you don't get stuck and can fire off pots, encounter/daily powers whenever you feel ready.
  • Options
    fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    DF in PVP domination matches really stinks just due to the long animation and getting you stuck in it and unable to do anything really until the animation is done. In the GG PVP matches, its better there if its a hoard of them around, you basically cant miss.

SF is the best in pvp because you don't get stuck and can fire off pots, encounter/daily powers whenever you feel ready.

You can interrupt the animation with dodge.
    But it's not really needed, after using it a while, you get used to timing the 3rd hit, so you don't flurry into air.

Either way I never found myself using SF, so I swapped back to DF.
    One less ability to swap out between pvp and pve. :D
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    fimconte wrote: »
    You can interrupt the animation with dodge.
    But it's not really needed, after using it a while, you get used to timing the 3rd hit, so you don't flurry into air.

Either way I never found myself using SF, so I swapped back to DF.
    One less ability to swap out between pvp and pve. :D

Well Only thing is sometimes I forget to switch my powers... and dodge is on a limited basis, sometimes I am ducking dodging and SF allows me to sneak in hits in between... I am not saying DF is a bad power, it has uses in GG pvp, I just seem to do better with SF in pvp dom matches.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I've just tried doing DF, and practically everyone just runs out of the way.
  • Options
    bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    DF is considerably harder to use in PVP but can also be very effective. Long animation is the downside. Upside is sticking to people and doing a lot more damage. You really have to know the timing of the 3 animations and also you have to ... jump. We can partially move and strike by jumping and striking at the height of the jump. You do this while following a target with DF and magic happens.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So what is exactly is this "Bleed" effect?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ambrosia10 wrote: »
    So what is exactly is this "Bleed" effect?

its a DoT basically
  • Options
    yramragyramrag Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I use DF in PvP, especially when the opponents are close ro each other - I can switch target mid-animation. So if the person I was fight runs away while I DF, I quickly switch to the next person who were close. Does not happen that often, but when it does, it is most satisfying. Also, I like that DF follows the target once the 3rd strike connects. I have tried to switch to SF but I just find myself not using it that often.
  • Options
    xpertzxxxxpertzxxx Member Posts: 96
    edited July 2013
    I only kill people with my left mouse click - DF is efficient but completely horrible vs any decent player. SF has my vote!
    Wtf is a Molon Labe?

- Tiduss -

(OoS)