test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GoldRoged DPS DC, (guide coming soon)

goldroger007goldroger007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Temple
ppl keep saying that DCs are not good for pvp, but if use the right build, enchantments and skills, a DC can turn into a OP class for pvp. ill make a dps DC guide soon.

this is some of what u can do with this build: (its a dps build, but i also got encounters to support in dungeons, this build is good enough to finish CN with 1 DC).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AxTfpnjpBo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLZjoPQYhDo

GameClient2013-6-28-12-31-7-307.jpg

GameClient2013-6-28-19-1-6-991.jpg

GameClient2013-6-27-20-51-37-509.jpg

GameClient2013-6-26-19-14-28-218.jpg

note: i skip points in GG when they are too many players capin it. thats why i dont have many points in GG, and i always solo first 2 phases(this build do fine for soloin first 2 phases of GG)
Post edited by goldroger007 on

Comments

• nightgameznightgamez Member Posts: 85
    edited July 2013
    I like 1111111111111111
    This game is designed to make as much money as possible on a day to day basis. It is not designed to be a great long term game.
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the screen shots you posted were funny, your opposition you won against were ummm clerics... and your OP cleric GG screen showed other classes coming before it as well as your team's 20 played against 16... making a cleric for PvP is quite possible, but those that do still state that it suffers in PvE, also most don't and will never have the OP type of gear you are most definitely gearing the cleric up with... don't bother even posting what you say you are going to, its all BS and you know it
  • kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited July 2013
    I've gone 30-4 with my DC as dps spec. They can definitely do some nasty damage.
    edited July 2013
    the screen shots you posted were funny, your opposition you won against were ummm clerics... and your OP cleric GG screen showed other classes coming before it as well as your team's 20 played against 16... making a cleric for PvP is quite possible, but those that do still state that it suffers in PvE, also most don't and will never have the OP type of gear you are most definitely gearing the cleric up with... don't bother even posting what you say you are going to, its all BS and you know it

What was the point of this post? And how do you know what gear and who can and cant get their hands on it? the guy is nice enough to take time out of his day to show you a cleric can be viable in pvp and all you have is negativity to say? I know i would like to read the Dps guide. It sounds to me like there are things in this game that are beyond your reach and that makes you angry. Instead of being mad about your limited job and or education maybe you should read his guide so you can learn a thing or to.
    This game is designed to make as much money as possible on a day to day basis. It is not designed to be a great long term game.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I have a righteous and a virtuous cleric (yes 2 clerics)

I don't think virtuous tree is worth it at all, especially with the heroic feat that gives you ArPen having a 5 minutes cooldown. I constantly find myself needing to kite on both clerics, and the righteous cleric does it much much better due to the feat that gives increased stamina regen.

Clerics can do good in pvp, yeah. You don't have to be in the virtuous tree to accomplish this though. A cleric built to support will do fine as long as his team isn't letting him get punted around the map by a GF, imo.
    edited July 2013
    nightgamez wrote: »
    What was the point of this post? And how do you know what gear and who can and cant get their hands on it? the guy is nice enough to take time out of his day to show you a cleric can be viable in pvp and all you have is negativity to say? I know i would like to read the Dps guide. It sounds to me like there are things in this game that are beyond your reach and that makes you angry. Instead of being mad about your limited job and or education maybe you should read his guide so you can learn a thing or to.

an OP cleric is at best laughable and the screen shots given were certainly that, such a cleric guide should be placed in Temple (the cleric area) not in the PvP area... all geared any class can do well in PvP against those who aren't
    edited July 2013
    an OP cleric is at best laughable and the screen shots given were certainly that, such a cleric guide should be placed in Temple (the cleric area) not in the PvP area... all geared any class can do well in PvP against those who aren't

It didn't look laughable to me, it looked like fun. And no guide was posted here. I think most of us posting know about gear and its affects so why are you telling us that a player with gear will kill a player without gear? Did you think it was a secret or that no one knew?
    edited July 2013
    It didn't look laughable to me, it looked like fun. And no guide was posted here. I think most of us posting know about gear and its affects so why are you telling us that a player with gear will kill a player without gear? Did you think it was a secret or that no one knew?

its just that the cleric needs work and just about everyone knows and agrees upon that, then you have those who would like to keep the cleric down as nerfed as possible and it sure isn't at all convincing when they are all geared up, running in pre-made teams, and tossing up laughable screen shots against teams with less players and of all things other clerics
  • cdave78cdave78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Does pod work yet. I was running a dps cleric until they broke pod
  • goldroger007goldroger007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cdave78 wrote: »
    Does pod work yet. I was running a dps cleric until they broke pod

i think they fixed pod, i was not dps before the balance update, but now it decrease defense and do 8k-15k crit after the timer ends.

note: Dcs are not OP like GFs or GWF but u can kill them since u focus on defense reduction not armor penetration
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    its just that the cleric needs work and just about everyone knows and agrees upon that, then you have those who would like to keep the cleric down as nerfed as possible and it sure isn't at all convincing when they are all geared up, running in pre-made teams, and tossing up laughable screen shots against teams with less players and of all things other clerics

Your post has no valid points at all. You are just suffering in PvP because of your unskilled play style and your arrogance can't take the fact that some clerics are actually good and better than you.

And no, not everyone agrees about that cleric needs "work".
  • irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Your post has no valid points at all. You are just suffering in PvP because of your unskilled play style and your arrogance can't take the fact that some clerics are actually good and better than you.

And no, not everyone agrees about that cleric needs "work".

The 1% are at it again thinking that just because THEY are good at a class that it is not broken.

It is kind of like that Senator who asked WHY do people even use debit cards, for credit cards are not broken... I mean WTF!!!!!

The average player is having major issues with the class and saying what you said should mean that the GWF class was fine as well seeing the 1% came to the boards telling people the class was fine as is....

You 1% are destroying this world and you are destroying this MMO.....
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    irk2013 wrote: »
    The 1% are at it again thinking that just because THEY are good at a class that it is not broken.

Sounds to me that the solution here is that 99% of the cleric players need to get better.
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    GameClient2013-6-28-19-1-6-991.jpg

note: i skip points in GG when they are too many players capin it. thats why i dont have many points in GG, and i always solo first 2 phases(this build do fine for soloin first 2 phases of GG)

More like you follow that nubtard nukeyoo around and steal all his DB's :rolleyes: I heard he solo's the first 2 stages of GG too! OH EM GEE

In all honesty though, you tend to lose all credibility in my opinion when you post a screenshot of your stage 1 GG score as if running around and pushing F is some sort of accomplishment.. Perhaps I should have SS'd when I got first place with 2k(over dbl ur pts! nerf cw) points during one of the pretests with the devs to show them how moronic it was..

Good job though finding a build you enjoy, but I wouldn't go as far as to say you're OP. Show me the video that's not tunnel vision edited where you take on multiple opponents and kill them all without any help. Then I might consider it.
    edited July 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    More like you follow that nubtard nukeyoo around and steal all his DB's :rolleyes: I heard he solo's the first 2 stages of GG too! OH EM GEE

In all honesty though, you tend to lose all credibility in my opinion when you post a screenshot of your stage 1 GG score as if running around and pushing F is some sort of accomplishment.. Perhaps I should have SS'd when I got first place with 2k(over dbl ur pts! nerf cw) points during one of the pretests with the devs to show them how moronic it was..

Good job though finding a build you enjoy, but I wouldn't go as far as to say you're OP. Show me the video that's not tunnel vision edited where you take on multiple opponents and kill them all without any help. Then I might consider it.

Ouch why are all the really good pvp'ers so mean... am I the only nice guy? =)
  • gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited July 2013
    There is no such thing as a good DPS cleric build. You can do some damage, kill some handicapped trash geared players and/or bots and run around kill stealing, sure, but this is a set of behaviours available to anyone who has gear/some form of skill and has very little to do with the build itself.
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ouch why are all the really good pvp'ers so mean... am I the only nice guy? =)

I said good job! :mad:
  • irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    Sounds to me that the solution here is that 99% of the cleric players need to get better.

No the solution is the 1% need to kill themselves and then and only then can the world be a better place to live.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    irk2013 wrote: »

It is kind of like that Senator who asked WHY do people even use debit cards, for credit cards are not broken... I mean WTF!!!!!

The average player is having major issues with the class and saying what you said should mean that the GWF class was fine as well seeing the 1% came to the boards telling people the class was fine as is....

You 1% are destroying this world and you are destroying this MMO.....

The voices of the complainers are the loudest on Forums. Usually because thats what forums are made for, to address issues and discuss them...

That's why you don't see much people coming and say " oh boi ,i enjoy playing this class " etc.

So your statistics are based on what you saw on forums, because i do have a lot of friends who are pretty happy with the cleric as it is.

Also the majority of Cleric play them as "human" race, which is why they don't deal enough damage..

These 1% that you don't like, are the minority who can actually adapt to situations and come up with ideas and guides that help the community, instead of just whining and ask devolopers to fix their classes due to their inability to advance and use their minds.
    panderus wrote: »
    [*]Devoted Cleric
    • Feat - Rising Hope: Now buffs stats correctly, rather than Power increasing Recovery etc.
    • Feat - Healing Action: Now can also affects Heal over time effects.
    • Daunting Light: Now shows estimated damage as Radiant.
    • Flame Strike: Now shows estimated damage as fire.
    • Miracle Healer's Set: Description changed to be "Your encounter powers cause a nearby ally to be healed for 5% of your maximum HP." This now correctly reflects the effect of the power. This is only a tooltip change.
    • Divine Emissary's Set: This set will no longer incorrectly reduce the Gearscore of nearby allies.
  • gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm running a Pure Dps Cleric as well. Yes, with the right gear (I pretty much have BiS), enchants, and decent skill level it can be very powerful. But really only in pug/pub games. When playing against competent players this will not work. To put it simply, you have really bad survivability playing cleric this way as you're essentially a CW with less cc and less dodges.

Again if you have good gear/enchants and want to pub stomp randoms, here you go:

YcWlryy.png
    0Y24of0.png

But against competent players, the tank-meta and huge burst of pretty much all the classes, you need to do some serious theory crafting to make it viable. This is what I'm attempting to do. I will be making another thread once I tweak my build out some more and see how it works in REAL pvp. This was my original thread, and this.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gctrl wrote: »
    I'm running a Pure Dps Cleric as well. Yes, with the right gear (I pretty much have BiS), enchants, and decent skill level it can be very powerful. But really only in pug/pub games. When playing against competent players this will not work. To put it simply, you have really bad survivability playing cleric this way as you're essentially a CW with less cc and less dodges.

Again if you have good gear/enchants and want to pub stomp randoms, here you go:

Finally, someone with proper experience and competence to follow! Thanks, for your post. I will be looking out for your threads in future.

Though, I doubt your approach works as well against competent, equally geared players or pre-mades. In that situation, I believe clerics are forced to be support or at most hybrids to make a larger contribution. Also, backcapping gameplay as a dps cleric in those situations, for example, would not be (as) viable and can be done much better by any melee anyway.

But, I'm sure you know that by now... So, I'm just putting it out there.
  • tancred300tancred300 Member Posts: 58
    edited July 2013
    Im sorry to break it to you, but all the screenshots really show is you

getting a lot of killsteals and not helping your faction as much as you should.

Prophecy of doom, break the spirit, Forgemasters Flame for dps Cleric? lmao

just decent for getting last hits
    edited July 2013
    tancred300 wrote: »
    Prophecy of doom, break the spirit, Forgemasters Flame for dps Cleric? lmao

just decent for getting last hits

I have BIS including greater tenebs, I switch between greater plague and vorpal. I have about 40% crit chance as well. Forgemasters Flame + Break the Spirt + Brand of the Sun + Greater Tenebs proccing = Dead squishy in 3-4 seconds. If they're tankier they are probably close to death and prophecy of doom or just lancing them a few times = dead. There are only so many combinations of dmg skills you can use on a pure damage cleric.

Daunting Light and Chain are also very strong. I dont run Gold's exact line up of encounters but all those skills are strong and useful in different ways.
    edited July 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    Finally, someone with proper experience and competence to follow! Thanks, for your post. I will be looking out for your threads in future.

Though, I doubt your approach works as well against competent, equally geared players or pre-mades. In that situation, I believe clerics are forced to be support or at most hybrids to make a larger contribution. Also, backcapping gameplay as a dps cleric in those situations, for example, would not be (as) viable and can be done much better by any melee anyway.

But, I'm sure you know that by now... So, I'm just putting it out there.

Thanks, I'll be making another thread fairly soon once I finish tweaking my build.
  • gokkensgokkens Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    "I'm running a Pure Dps Cleric as well. Yes, with the right gear (I pretty much have BiS), enchants, and decent skill level it can be very powerful. But really only in pug/pub games. When playing against competent players this will not work. To put it simply, you have really bad survivability playing cleric this way as you're essentially a CW with less cc and less dodges.

But against competent players, the tank-meta and huge burst of pretty much all the classes, you need to do some serious theory crafting to make it viable."

First of all its always a good job to show something on the forums if you had succes with it! thats nice done of you!

that being said! then this

The original poster of this threat said clerics can be "OP" it is not can be if the choice is Biominial either he is or he aint!

And clerics are not overpowered they are a weak class!

"I'm running a Pure Dps Cleric as well. Yes, with the right gear (I pretty much have BiS), enchants, and decent skill level it can be very powerful

as its stated here in this sentence Clerics can be very powerful! what most fails to read is IF the Person has best in slot gear! IF the person has the best enchants! IF the person has above average skill! they MIGHT not WILL MIGHT! score really HIGH IN PVP!

Its good that some small minoriety has succes playing the cleric! and score quite good with them in PVP the fact of the matter is the rest of the cumminity! does not! in order to get the same score or perform better than the avagerige cleric the avagerige rogue or CW has to do way way way less in PVP this is what defines OP! so stop abusing that word in wrong texture! Any class with the best gear and best enchant will kill a average scrub everytime it is a pointless statement! for god sake take the numbers the stats give put them into excel and calculate up against standard health! you will see how it is every single time!

The point to all this is stop saying the cleric does not suck! it does!

Does that mean you cannot get good at pvp? no it just takes 15 times more work than with a CW or Rogue!

to those that succed as a cleric good for you, you are super awesome your E-peen is so great we all respect you when you write L2P on the forums!

NOPE!

to those that like this guy! links guides thank you for being a teamplayer and a good person!:cool:
  • goldroger007goldroger007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    this is what i got now(i had around 800 kills before reaching lvl 60 and about 10 games with most kills and it was bcs at lvl 19,20,21 and so, u have dmage advantage and even if u are not dps u can get most kills in a pvp game).
    GameClient2013-7-8-11-9-50-421.jpg

after reachin lvl 60 i stayed in the support tree for farmin dungeons etc, then i did respec and stats, feats are like this now

f71d16cd-95df-427e-ab83-bc3d45afaab4.jpg

GameClient2013-6-28-19-23-3-289.jpg

GameClient2013-6-28-14-29-14-740.jpg

the righteous tree only bost dmage bonus of ur lance of faith, but u wont use lance of faith u will just use ur divinity at wills bcs its faster and u can move will u are attackin

note: i went high prophet bcs its 4 set bonus, and i didnt focus on gettin many crit, since its at 35% now(i focused on gettin damage resistance to 30%+ crit to 30%+ and recovery to 35-40%+ since u will get a great recovery bonus after u use an encounter in divinity mode), i copied it from the other dps DC discussion topic
  • kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited July 2013
    this is what i got now(i had around 800 kills before reaching lvl 60 and about 10 games with most kills and it was bcs at lvl 19,20,21 and so, u have dmage advantage and even if u are not dps u can get most kills in a pvp game).
    GameClient2013-7-8-11-9-50-421.jpg

after reachin lvl 60 i stayed in the support tree for farmin dungeons etc, then i did respec and stats, feats are like this now

f71d16cd-95df-427e-ab83-bc3d45afaab4.jpg

GameClient2013-6-28-19-23-3-289.jpg

GameClient2013-6-28-14-29-14-740.jpg

the righteous tree only bost dmage bonus of ur lance of faith, but u wont use lance of faith u will just use ur divinity at wills bcs its faster and u can move will u are attackin

note: i went high prophet bcs its 4 set bonus, and i didnt focus on gettin many crit, since its at 35% now(i focused on gettin damage resistance to 30%+ crit to 30%+ and recovery to 35-40%+ since u will get a great recovery bonus after u use an encounter in divinity mode), i copied it from the other dps DC discussion topic

Why no armor pen in your setup? You could pretty easily get 1500 or so without a companion. So many people roll with high armor pen and tenebrous that putting stats into defense is pretty much wasted.
  • tancred300tancred300 Member Posts: 58
    edited July 2013
    From what i have read so far its the greater teneb enchants that make this build viable nothing more

they will have to get nerfed anyway in my opinion, they would make even the worst class **** on the average player.

But yeah, i may have to rethink my idea of clerics for pvp, so thanks for that, really interesting!
  • kulgribnarkulgribnar Member Posts: 84
    edited July 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    Why no armor pen in your setup? You could pretty easily get 1500 or so without a companion. So many people roll with high armor pen and tenebrous that putting stats into defense is pretty much wasted.

because he's terrible?