test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Armor Enchantment

nwn2motb9nwn2motb9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Library
Just wondering what is the best armor enchantment for a cw. I have vorpal on Ancient Magister orb.
Post edited by nwn2motb9 on

Comments

• phantomlambphantomlamb Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    IMO the one that makes you invulnerable for a few seconds when you dip to low health
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I agree Soulforged is the best
  • exarkun007exarkun007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 113 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Soulforged is the only one really worth a ****.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Soulforged. Dead equals zero dps/control.
  • kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Soulforge is only one option. But it usually procs, when you are ressurected.
  • skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Was looking into Lightning for weapon and Thunderhead for armor....thoughts?
  • kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Armor - only soulforge for any squishy target. Only tanky builds of clerics, GWFs and GFs can take negation. For weapon - lightning or vorpal, if you go into damage, or plaguefire, if you play supportive (lazy) style.
  • xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Armor - only soulforge for any squishy target. Only tanky builds of clerics, GWFs and GFs can take negation. For weapon - lightning or vorpal, if you go into damage, or plaguefire, if you play supportive (lazy) style.

I disagree with this. As a player that spends 95% of my time in game Pvping Plaguefire is by far the best weapon enchant.

I have run T2s with other Cws who slot vorpal / lightning and I still far outdps them with my Greater Plaguefire.

To the OP: Slot what will suit your playstyle best. As a Pvper - I find Soulforged and Plaguefire to suit best as the debuff from Plaguefire far outweighs any extra damage / critcal severity. As by reducing mitigation all of my attacks will do more damage rather than just my crits.

Soulforged is just cake.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
    edited July 2013
    I have run T2s with other Cws who slot vorpal / lightning and I still far outdps them with my Greater Plaguefire.
    That not an argument. Other CW can be a stupid recovery machine. And most damage of CW is a damage from mob falling. Who does last damage before mob falls get a credit for the rest of mob's HP. To show your real damage, go to karrundax or mad dragon.
    I find Soulforged and Plaguefire to suit best as the debuff from Plaguefire far outweighs any extra damage / critcal severity. As by reducing mitigation all of my attacks will do more damage rather than just my crits.
    If you don't have armpen cap. After cap plague sucks hard. Greater lightning does about 13~15 of my total DPS.
  • xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    That not an argument. Other CW can be a stupid recovery machine. And most damage of CW is a damage from mob falling. Who does last damage before mob falls get a credit for the rest of mob's HP. To show your real damage, go to karrundax or mad dragon.

If you don't have armpen cap. After cap plague sucks hard. Greater lightning does about 13~15 of my total DPS.

Your not wrong with my first statement not being an argument. Everyone has their own opinion. However, I still stand by the fact that plaguefire suits my playstyle much better simply because I spend most of my time in PvP and Plaguefire far outweighs anything else there.

By no means I am trying to state that Plaguefire is miles ahead in Pve. Simply the fact that Lightning can chain as many times as it does makes it well worthwhile for Dps.

How to counter this? Build two sets.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
    edited July 2013
    Two sets of ancient weapon?) Yes... =)