test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What will we have in the future ?

jaeldynjaeldyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
First of all, let me say that i absolutely love this game, even with it's shortcomings.

Now I have a questions about it's future.

Will we ever have more than 3 skill button ? It does seems lacking for now, you do not have access to much variety. I know that adding a skill button may lead to more imbalance in PvP and may make the PvE easier than it already is, but it kinda takes away any potentially interesting gameplay we can have by making us smash just 4-5 buttons for the whole duration of the game.

A way to do a version 60 of the skirmishes so I can still get the titles even if I couldn't find a group for the low level skirmish. Heck, everyone is just power gaming and skipping them and I can't get the cool titles because of that . Or a manual entrance like most dungeons have ?

Will there be any kind of diminishing return (mostly in PvP) ? Because the mains problems in PvP right now, are Tenebrous enchants, and the stun locking from which you can almost never escape. It would really be nice to see some diminishing return on CC of the same kind applied within a few seconds of each others (mainly the Prone from the GF. I play one, and I use it, and I know how annoying it can be for my opponent).

More End Game content. By End game content, I mean fights that actually require some strategy and not just a dps race. Because it is what this game's dungeon bosses are for almost all of them. A DPS race. You just go straight DPS on the boss while the GF and CW takes care of the ads. And pray that whoever is on the boss kill it faster than the ads kills you. It would really be nice to see more strategies against bosses, that some bosses may requires a specific setup or something. Right now, the most interesting boss that we have, is the first boss of the Frozen Heart. I love killing him, he is different from the other bosses in that you don't just have to hit him while avoiding the red circles, you have to go to another room to weaken him.

And please, give us some incentive to kill ads in dungeon. Give them epic loot, some kind of special reward, like a pet or something. They are just a waste of time and potions right now that gives you absolutely NOTHING for killing them except crappy green items nobody needs. Besides making them give you some rare loot at a low frequency may stop CW choose between trying to push them off the cliffs non stop or killing them normally to try to get super stuff.

More PvP rewards. Maybe some low level items. A kind of ladder at level 60 so you can actually see if you are good or not, and make a queue based on it, so that in the end, people havem ore chance facing a team geared like them, and not a full HP greater tenebrous that rips them to shred.

This is not a raging thread, because as I said, I love this game, and i'm having a blast playing it. Even with all it's bugs, I keep telling myself it can only gets better (Frozen Heart being another example of it, since it is now pretty much glitch free). I enjoy doing dungeons, though they tend to be boring, I just like farming. I enjoy PvP, even if they almost always are one sided and gear based. And this game can only keep getting better.

Sorry for the wall of text, I would have given you a potato but I have none because since I got the Hero of the North pack, I live on instant noodle and fresh water.
Post edited by jaeldyn on

Comments

• Options
    vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What will we have in the future ?

Hopefully, a finished game. If that happens I'll gladly reinstall it. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • Options
    mardeab83mardeab83 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2013
    lots and lots of elves.
    very little of anything else.
    Elves > everything
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mardeab83 wrote: »
    lots and lots of elves.
    Elves > everything

Good thing I like elves. Also, that white tiger mount is going to get forty bucks of my money. I can't NOT buy that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jaeldynjaeldyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lots and lots of elves.
    Elves > everything

Halfling are actually better >:) Though I am waiting for Gnomes and Dragonborn, because I want to recreate my PnP characters in game !
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I cant stand elves.
    I would rather play a boiled potato.
    only good elf is a dead elf, or a sex slave.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    or a dead sex slave, if thats your thing...
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    jaeldyn wrote: »
    Halfling are actually better >:) Though I am waiting for Gnomes and Dragonborn, because I want to recreate my PnP characters in game !

Waiting for Dragonborn as well.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I cant stand elves.
    I would rather play a boiled potato.
    only good elf is a dead elf, or a sex slave.

At this rate by the time Cryptic is done we'll have a rainbow of colors to chose from.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    uberwolfeuberwolfe Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jaeldyn wrote: »
    I know that adding a skill button may lead to more imbalance in PvP

Maybe it will actually balance PVP once and for all :)

But I agree with pretty much everything you say. Am loving the game but end-game boss and dungeon mechanics are so agonizingly boring that I'm starting to feel my interest waning..
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What I can guarantee. Module 1, and....

More and more CS items, perhaps more reskinned mounts, and RNG lockboxes, with ever increasing powerful items.

With a F2P MMO, its guaranteed. I will be giving out lottery numbers next week.

PS. I like this game. I dislike RNG lockboxes. (Considering MMOs = RNG, whoever in marketing in whichever mmo started this was a genius for the companies, and terribad for the players, unless you are a heavy gambler, and a whale I suppose).
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    L100........
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Flying Cars, Inter-stellar space Travel, Robot Servants?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Some kind of bigger dungeon may be nice too, like a 10-15man dungeon with accordingly difficults fights !
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm still waiting for the flying cars and moonbases that we were promised in the sixties..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    They already exists but the government is hiding them from us.