test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about Blackout.

avatre21avatre21 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
I've played the DM Studio foundry but couldn't make sense of it. What I'm trying to do is have the player talk to an NPC and then fade to black as if "knocked unconscious" from behind. When they 'come to' the character will be in a different place. Is this at all possible? I don't want to use teleports as they don't disappear when used and was trying to avoid forcing a transaction by examining an object afterwards instead.

I use custom maps but piece the rooms together. I have tried creating my own room from scratch to have the separate parts of it "disappear" during the skyfade and the new walls "reappear" but I cant get any npcs into this room or connect it to others.
The Lonely Dagger Saga:
The Lonely Dagger Inn
NW-DHMMZR6BJ
The Not so Lonely Dagger
NW-DB19TTKY5

The Beginning of the End:
Once Bitten
NW-DUPFPJNSW
Post edited by avatre21 on

Comments

• Options
    ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Room has to be created from scratch, you have to use your own walls (from details section) and that way create your room. You create room inside the room one previously entered. Or other way - create the room first enters inside the room that appears afterwards (so the walls disappear).
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • Options
    x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I use this trick for my 2nd foundry mission. If you use a human building, find one that works for you. In some cases you can't connect it with other parts. Then create everything from scratch.

Here is my layout for the building. The northern part changes.

guild_house19js20.jpg

First room before blackout.

trap0wzsri.jpg

After blackout:

trap1ppsja.jpg

Oh and please remember if you close the area with a wall after the blackout, use a extra teleporter that connects to this part in case you can die there or if more then one person plays the map.....
  • Options
    mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Did you find the effect in DM's Studio convincing? Which part didn't you understand? Maybe I can clarify it.

It is rather hard to set up and execute. Half the of trick is the setup (the two rooms), and the other half is stage craft (convincing the player that they really are in another room).
    DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
    The Cursed Emerald:
    1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
    2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvUNp8aAoMI
    With a brief explanation, I'll make a better version as soon as I get some time (perhaps after my wedding :P)
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I did find it convincing, mosby. As I say, I usually piece together the rooms under the 'rooms' tab and when I try and make my own through the details tab instead, NPCs refuse to sit in it and I can't connect it to other rooms. I understand what you did, I'm just unsure how you actually did it and how to do it in relation to my map of the Inn.
    The Lonely Dagger Saga:
    The Lonely Dagger Inn
    NW-DHMMZR6BJ
    The Not so Lonely Dagger
    NW-DB19TTKY5

Once Bitten
    NW-DUPFPJNSW
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I hope my small tutorial will help:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fd9_KxmbJw
    Whole video consists of building another room in room. Very simple (4 walls) but it's all you need to learn how to do it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ahh now I see! That was very helpful, thank you ash411 :)
    The Lonely Dagger Saga:
    The Lonely Dagger Inn
    NW-DHMMZR6BJ
    The Not so Lonely Dagger
    NW-DB19TTKY5

Once Bitten
    NW-DUPFPJNSW