test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jagged blade AI and Image

mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello,
I worked hard to get the jagged blade. It looks like a small dagger. It is too small in terms of visibility on the screen. It needs to be sword size so it can be seen more clearly.

The second is that the AI is awful. It does not function as well as even the dog does in a fight. Please improve the AI. Other people have mentioned this.
Post edited by mytgroo on

Comments

• Options
    nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I bought one of these and gave it to my newbie cleric.
    I wish it would go off and attack when I started attacking, but as long as I basically stand on it, no melee will be laying a hand on me LOL. My DC is only level 7 right now, but my Blade has a level 60 Blue Sword Knot, and tends to 1-hit minions and 3-4 on the bigger melee mobs.

It'd be a lot nicer if it actually worked though.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think that this has been reported a number of times, and the companion AI in general is problematic.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    All companion AI needs a tweak.

I get tired of my Companion asking if the red circle under his feet mean anything....he never listens.

They also have the weird notion that it is ok to stand in lava when two steps away they could be standing on a rock.

Nah...cleric companion would rather continue to try and heal while standing in lava...da fuque?
  • Options
    zjesminzzjesminz Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'm glad that the cleric companion didn't try to heal mobs. And, you should be glad that your Jagged blade didn't try to hit you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    zjesminz wrote: »
    I'm glad that the cleric companion didn't try to heal mobs. And, you should be glad that your Jagged blade didn't try to hit you.

Don't be going and giving the devs ideas...I can see it now...New mob skill called "Madness".

Affected companions now move out of red circles and jump out of lava....the downside is that they heal mobs and attack you....
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm pretty sure the regular blade companion is a sword, so no need to change that on the jagged.

However, it would be nice if this dagger would move its *** to the enemies. As stated before, this has been reported repeated for more then a month now.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)