test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Divine Fortune

whipmaster77whipmaster77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Temple
Aight, so i have played the game now for month and a half as a cleric. Cleared most of the content and i think i know my class relatively well, but...

Divine Power
Class Feature
Personal
Your non-damaging powers also build Divine Power.

Can someone explain me how Divine Fortune works? As its supposed to give our "non-damaging" (Non damaging power include Healing Word, Bastion of Health, and Astral Shield [according nw-wiki])spells ability to regain our DP. Now problem is, i only use AS from the above mentioned spells and i have never ever gained single DP from using AS. Is this ability broken or have i just misunderstood it?

Im doing high end dungeons with guildies, including dread vault and CN, and as anyone who has tried to solo-heal those knows, DP goes faster then a dwarven clan can soak ale. Hence i try to figure ways to improve my DP regen, i simply dont have time to attack in most of the chaotic fights and therefor run out of DP pretty fast, i was hoping this ability to help me with having decent DP, but either im not getting it or the ability is broken. Thoughts?
Post edited by whipmaster77 on

Comments

• uri92uri92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For Astral Shield, doesn't work on Divinity mode, and only works if your party is fighting enemies.

Doesn't work in town.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - DRAGON - ( Mehrea DC 13.1k ) - ( Volsung TR 11.7k )
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    From my own testing in Trade of Blades. These are the only Powers that proc Divine Fortune in non-Divine mode:

- Astral Shield (around 30% DP bar)
    - Bastion of Health (around 40% DP bar).

You have to be in combat (or around others in combat) in order to get any effect.

What is most surprising of all is that it does not work with Healing Word! This is disappointing because about the only time I use Healing Word is when I need to kite and therefore need the extra DP. So, I used to use Divine Fortune in combination with Healing Word...

Serves me right for not doing my own testing on this painful class before relying on it!
  • whipmaster77whipmaster77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    uri92 wrote: »
    For Astral Shield, doesn't work on Divinity mode, and only works if your party is fighting enemies.

Doesn't work in town.

meh, that should explain it then. Im not really using AS without Divinity mode.. all in all useless ability for me then, since im not using other listed spells at all. Healing word is too hard to aim in fights and i find Forgemaster Flame cast in Dm be more usefull.
  • uri92uri92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    From my own testing in Trade of Blades. These are the only Powers that proc Divine Fortune in non-Divine mode:

- Astral Shield (around 30% DP bar)
    - Bastion of Health (around 40% DP bar).

You have to be in combat (or around others in combat) in order to get any effect.

What is most surprising of all is that it does not work with Healing Word! This is disappointing because about the only time I use Healing Word is when I need to kite and therefore need the extra DP. So, I used to use Divine Fortune in combination with Healing Word...

Serves me right for not doing my own testing on this painful class before relying on it!

It works with Healing Word of course... But it requires both being in combat and targetting a member below 100% HP. (I'm not sure about the HP part, maybe it works on 100% members).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - DRAGON - ( Mehrea DC 13.1k ) - ( Volsung TR 11.7k )
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    uri92 wrote: »
    But it requires both being in combat and targetting a member below 100% HP. (I'm not sure about the HP part, maybe it works on 100% members).

Hmm, I did not test against someone with less than 100% HP. So, that's possible, though not obvious at all since the other two heals do not actually have to heal anyone in order to gain a Divinity benefit when you are already in combat!
  • whipmaster77whipmaster77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tbh, the tooltip is really misleading. I consider all healing and protection spells as non-damaging spells. Seems thats not the case with this ability. Neither is there anything telling that AS with Divinity Mode is excluded :mad:
  • bootyjoosbootyjoos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
    edited July 2013
    tbh, the tooltip is really misleading. I consider all healing and protection spells as non-damaging spells. Seems thats not the case with this ability. Neither is there anything telling that AS with Divinity Mode is excluded :mad:
    Imo, it's one of the least misleading:
    Your non-damaging powers also build Divine Power.
    So you go through your list of powers and ask, "Can this power do damage?" If no, it procs Divine Fortune. The powers that proc this are consistent with that requirement. Though, I understand where you're coming from, since I somehow misread the whole tooltip to say, "You build Divine Power whenever you heal with your powers" until I found out Sun Burst doesn't work with it.

Your other powers don't build divine power while you're in divinity mode, so D-AS (and D-anything else) not proc-ing Divine Fortune (or rather, not building any divine power) makes sense, too -- "also" implying that it builds divine power the way damaging powers do.

All in all, I agree that we should be given more information in these tooltips, though I feel that this one in particular is very clear in what it does.