test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Magelord set bonus - how good is it?

okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in The Library
I'm thinking about upgrading my gear a bit from 2/4 gladiator set + 2/4 archmage to 4/4 Magelord but I'm curious about the way this passive works.

When your encounter powers strike a target who has more than 75% HP, you gain 900 Recovery for 6 seconds.

It seems this buff is very easy to obtain and 6 seconds is a lot, especially considering we are constantly hitting many mobs with our aoe so it can be recharged often.

Since I focus on recovery and power (and only a bit on crit + eye of the storm which does the job) my question is: Is anyone using it and are you satisfied with bonus it gives? Seems to me it is one of the most interesting choices for a recovery wizard.
Post edited by okaminosuke on

Comments

• honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    900 recovery is nothing - because at this level you should already have decent recovery. Going from, say, 3500 recovery to 4400 recovery is a percentage point or two.
  • phantomlambphantomlamb Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Does anyone know about the stacking of this buff? Do you get multiple stacks if you hit multiple targets with something like Time Stop? If you do two encounter powers back-to-back, do you get two buffs that stack? Is there a limit to stacking?
  • johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Does anyone know about the stacking of this buff? Do you get multiple stacks if you hit multiple targets with something like Time Stop? If you do two encounter powers back-to-back, do you get two buffs that stack? Is there a limit to stacking?

i would like to know this too, because Hvizier does stack 3x but its not stated
  • phantomlambphantomlamb Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd hope so - the only way this set is feasible is if it can stack and build up to a high amount. I mean, the Champions PVP set gives a permanent 450 Recovery bonus!
    edited July 2013
    yeah, before i thought HV doesnt stack, but when i found out its amazing im using HV atm rather than SW. if magelord would also stack it would be so great
  • theisingguytheisingguy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, the full set is not worth it unless you have Built your pet and armor enchant into crit and power and thus have low ish recovery
  • malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Magelord is inferior compared to HV or SW, it's also inferior to Fatebender. Bonus Recovery is a joke, you can get almost 3k easy without even wasting enchants on it. Anything over 3k = waste of stat due to DR. If you are much over 3k, you are doing it wrong and need more ArPen, Crit, and Power.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
    edited July 2013
    i wonder why magelord was created if you guys are saying its inferior
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Probably seemed a good idea at the time.